1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Well I was looking at a Kevin Ryman loadout but it is finding the kit.

Though saying that I could just use my 1911A1 (Killer 7 from 4) and do a Leon loadout, maybe even get a XDM or 5-7 to add to it :P

Either way the grips are lovely and have never cracked or faded, good old RC.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a chance to finish my Nova Colt 'Series 70' 1911 for TM, added were Nova grip-safety, MSH, Hammer & Trigger,

also Anvil 'Series 70' Barrel-Chamber and Black-Barrel, I also included a set of wooden Colt 'Series 70' grips with Protec grip-weights to even the balance.

In fairness though the TM grips are exceptionally well done, but I had the wooden grips laying around idol for a couple of years, so there time had come for action.

The end result weights in at about 930g.

IMG_0432b_zpsc8943cec.jpg

IMG_0442_zps578fdbae.jpg

IMG_0452_zps41e3151c.jpg

IMG_0454_zpsce0b76a7.jpg

IMG_0458_zps9ab7008a.jpg

IMG_0460_zps69a9f04a.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsaf336c88.jpg

• Like 2

That Series 70 is a pile of win, however I am assuming the silver trigger is personally choice :P.

'FireKnife'

Yes, there are lots of variations on Series 70s, I had a look at hundreds of photos and just decided to go with the silver-trigger,

I think it gives it a more even finished look, but I can swing either way its such a wonderful looking pistol.

A lot of photos also have well-worn triggers that come out looking silver, I have the original trigger and Nova 'Series 70' in black and white,

I went with the silver in the end, if I ever change my mind I can pop the black one in.

Kenxin, got the kit like you guessed in Boomarms, if you do eventually get one I have a stock hammer and trigger if it helps.

Here are a couple of R/S :

IMG_1422_zpsaa508816.jpg

IMG_1421_zpsc31864bd.jpg

IMG_1423_zpsca2e9891.jpg

Fixed :P

You have never owned a TM Series 70 right?

The new cut of the sights and the thickness of the front blade now makes them twice as good, trust me when I saw that TM had replicated that I think I tore all the stitching in the front of my jeans. :P

'FireKnife'

I'm not an expert on the 1911 by any means, try Mr Maniac or Mobius, but the TM sights are more similar to the original 70s style sight,

the sights included in the nova kit are identical to the TM version.

Basically the original 70s pistol had the larger lettering style/roll on the slide, the latest Colt Custom reproduction has the smaller lettering rollmarks,

the reproduction also has the double-diamond grips with no medallion and larger sights.

I've included these shots from one of our American friends for you to compare,

also the last picture in my previous post is the Colt Custom House Reproduction.

1009272146b_zps4ffabb64.jpg

1009272145c_zps784cc1a4.jpg

Edited by Squad 701
  • Like 1

I'm not an expert on the 1911 by any means, try Mr Maniac or Mobius, but the TM sights are more similar to the original 70s style sight,

the sights included in the nova kit are identical to the TM version.

That is one very beautiful pistol 'Squad 701', excellent work.

Regards the Series 70 sights. Colt were having big problems when the Series 70 was introduced with quality and production issues mainly associated with the new sprung colleted bushing (idea was sound but Colts quality issues let it down), so never looked at what the customers really wanted like better sights and other options. The sights were basically the same as the earlier G.I. Colts. It was only during the later stages, just before the Series 80 came in (another failure for Colt), that the higher profile sights started to be fitted on odd Series 70 guns, though a lot were retro fitted afterwards by gunsmiths.

When it comes to triggers, they were basically black but some were fitted with silver ones on an 'adhoc' basis either for specials, commemoritive versions or higher grade types. They also vary on length but though the short type was the norm, medium to long types were fitted mainly to the Gold Cup (adjustable 'bannana' hole version) and Delta Elite versions (mainly black) or again retro fitted afterwards to other types by gunsmiths.

TM have done an excellent job on their version and have gone by the book when it comes to Series 70 features of the time.

• Like 1

Well done squad on another top build, that s70 is SWEET!!! Love your atention to detail, the black outer is a nice touch as well as the silver trigger, it goes well with the silver chamber and hammer. Defo the best series 70 build I have seen. Good Job Buddy.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, that Series 70 is just too nice Squad, I'm replying twice just to make sure you know how much I want that :P

Its airsoft, there will always be something new we want :)

Here's a preliminary snap of a build I just finished.

Kimber CDP (Tokyo Marui)

IMG_0512_zps1f8b9e3d.jpg

Hay all fellow 1911 lovers. This is my KJW 1911, custom engraved slide and frame (Remington R1), repainted gloss black, PDI hammer, Nova trigger, TM MEU hammer spring housing, wood grip (with Remington logo) and PGC/Prowin chamber +outer barrel, Ready Fighter grip screw.

A_zps7f2cd7bb.jpg

D_zps8ef5dfa3.jpg

C_zps6ac34e7d.jpg

B_zpsf08055ba.jpg

Edited by rd012
  • Like 1

Thanks adrian_geot. And this is my other KJW 1911. KJW 1911 metal slide, combined with TM abs plastic slide, engrave it with AMT Hardballer marking, repainted silver, pachmayr grip, custom nova trigger, spur type hammer (forgot the brand), tanio koba thumb safety and hammer spring housing, custom recoil spring plug, polished outer barrel/chamber+slide stop+thumb safety+pins, Airsoft Surgeon trigger screw

b_zps9242cebd.jpg

c_zpsf6275636.jpg

a_zps213a7b40.jpg

d_zps52e8c351.jpg

Edited by rd012
  • Like 3