1911 Picture Thread

Thread continued from Mk. II. No reposts from the previous thread, please. ViciousV10s, that includes you. -Elrey

Nice link, Brass V12 would go nice with my Gilded Wilson to make one of the most famous movie .45's. £887 price tag soon changed my mind on thast one though!

I confused the name Bomber with the name Detonator. :P my bad.

My Colt Government with Pachmayr rubber grips.

dsc01422.jpg

dsc01421.jpg

dsc01424i.jpg

dsc01425v.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I've polished the slide, but it didn't go to well because I had the wrong components, but at least it looks shiny.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

BTW this is my WE 1911(double stack/hi-capa) the "Vegas" project I'll be working on is going to be a KJW Singlestack

detonicslegend.jpg

This is what you get when your metal meu slide with long recoil rod is too heavy to work in 20 degrees, i threw my detonics slide on to the meu frame to get whats is a crisp, efficient 1911 with looks only a mother could love.

i'll start the timer for the purist stampede...

This looks just like the gun Al Pacino uses at the beginning of the movie Heat.

:)

It is, see previous thread, he used it all through the film.

As for the MEU/Detonics I like it but would trim the frame to linr up with the Slide Scalops if this is going to be a permanent setup.

Edited by BigAl

My Socom gear MEU. It looks great, the grips smell disgusting, the magazine is a pain in the appel to fill, shooting is quite ok.

The silencer adapter is CW to CCW, what is kinda semi retarded since you cannot tighten it up at all because you will inscrew either the adapter from the barrel or the surpressor.

But I put some super glue on the threads and glued it to the surpressor.

I want to give a nice used look, I think that would make it look even better.

img_0243d6k3.jpg

img_0246m1go.jpg

img_0248t51v.jpg

Already roughly polished the chamber.

img_02497618.jpg

img_0251504q.jpg

OK im a bit of a 'Newbee' to these forums but here goes...

After seeing the 'Heat' Colt commander pics heres my film inspired pistol:

'StreetKings' custom 1911

post-42289-1238934279_thumb.jpg

Customized and made using parts from both TM 1911A1 and MEU. The ejection port on the standard 1911 slide ive lowered and flared , filled and sanded all markings and fitted a new foresight vane. The standard 1911 frame has had added: WE CQB grips, Nineball extended slide lock, a Guarder 3-hole trigger, 4.3 commander hammer (sanded and polished) Tanio Koba grip safety (which was a real pain :angry: as it needs filing/cutting to fit so therefore is not for the 1911 but for the 5.1, take note ;) ), straight mainspring housing by Tanio Koba and an Ambi-safety (sanded and polished) from an old 5.1 i had.

post-42289-1238934320_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1238934384_thumb.jpg

I often visit these forum picture threads to drool :P but am truly humbled by the quality of work you guys spend on your guns, awe inspiring :)

Edited by MrManiac
OK im a bit of a 'Newbee' to these forums but here goes...

After seeing the 'Heat' Colt commander pics heres my film inspired pistol:

'StreetKings' custom 1911

post-42289-1238934279_thumb.jpg

Customized and made using parts from both TM 1911A1 and MEU. The ejection port on the standard 1911 slide ive lowered and flared , filled and sanded all markings and fitted a new foresight vane. The standard 1911 frame has had added: WE CQB grips, Nineball extended slide lock, a Guarder 3-hole trigger, 4.3 commander hammer (sanded and polished) Tanio Koba grip safety (which was a real pain :angry: as it needs filing/cutting to fit so therefore is not for the 1911 but for the 5.1, take note ;) ), straight mainspring housing by Tanio Koba and an Ambi-safety (sanded and polished) from an old 5.1 i had.

post-42289-1238934320_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1238934384_thumb.jpg

I often visit these forum picture threads to drool :P but am truly humbled by the quality of work you guys spend on your guns, awe inspiring :)

Nice job!

So how much mullah did that set you back? I've been on the hunt for a Ludlow custom M1911A1 for a while, and the best stock lookalike I've come up with, is WA's Wilson Super Grade:-

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/wa_ps_wlci.jpg

Are there any better stock matches that you know of?