Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all,

Here is my little contribution to the Magpul pic thread. This is my latest creation based ever so loosely on the Noveske Leonidas CQB support rifle. (Much thanks to my guy El-Jack for taking time out to take some awesome pics. :D )

usif-0458.jpg

usif-0461.jpg

usif-0467.jpg

usif-0470.jpg

usif-0506.jpg

usif-0512.jpg

A little different and hopefully unique as I have to say you really don't see too many SR25 variants on here.

That FDE?! :huh: You sure it isn't some sort of OD?

Now, to find a way to fit that aforementioned 11.1v 35C lipo AND a cheetah fet into a UBR.... Without having wires show. Any ideas anybody? I can tell that the lipo is goign to eb a squeeze on its own, and I really don't feel like dremeling the *suitcase* out of ANOTHER real steel stock( I had to really steel myself to actually take a dremel to a real EMOD, but I think a UBR would be the limit, even for me), the space in those stocks looks deceivingly large. <_<

Edited by Vercingetorix
That FDE?! :huh: You sure it isn't some sort of OD?

Now, to find a way to fit that aforementioned 11.1v 35C lipo AND a cheetah fet into a UBR.... Without having wires show. Any ideas anybody? I can tell that the lipo is goign to eb a squeeze on its own, and I really don't feel like dremeling the *suitcase* out of ANOTHER real steel stock( I had to really steel myself to actually take a dremel to a real EMOD, but I think a UBR would be the limit, even for me), the space in those stocks looks deceivingly large. <_<

Leave the LiPo in the buffer. Cut a hole/channel in the bottom of the buffer tube and on the the top of the lower section. Run the wires through the hole/channel into the storage compartment (leave the doors on). If done cleanly no one would every know.

I got a pack of black XTM railcovers today, and much to the dismay of you Magpul junkies, Honestly, I'm not impressed. They aren't very "grippy", they seem fragile and are akward to put on and even worse to remove, seeing as they require a tool of some kind to remove. The only thing I like about them are that they are low profile, unlike the usual KAC Railcovers.

I got a pack of black XTM railcovers today, and much to the dismay of you Magpul junkies, Honestly, I'm not impressed. They aren't very "grippy", they seem fragile and are akward to put on and even worse to remove, seeing as they require a tool of some kind to remove. The only thing I like about them are that they are low profile, unlike the usual KAC Railcovers.

That's what you get for buying those XTM covers. Should have gotten yourself a few XT panels, they are SO much nicer.

Seriously, not only are those XTM covers HIDEOUS (the only Magpul product that doesn't make me happy in the pants...), but they're just...weird. I've always used XT panels, and they are very grippy, easy to cut, and relatively easy to get on/off (much easier on the off, but once you get them on and leave them on for some time they kinda "conform" to the rail better).

TCB, xtm rail covers are made to be removed with a 5.56 bullet tip........which is what i use to remove mine.

Also I love not having to take of lights/vert grips to put them on. All be it I DO wish they were more grippy. Honestly I would like to pick up some ladder rail covers or xt rail covers soon.