AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question and I couldn't think of a better place to ask:

Is it possible to modify a Real Sword AK in order to make look like and ak74 or an ak101?

I'm aware that it takes Real Steel parts and VFC and I guess that changing the buttstock would require some custom work, but what about the grip, the gas-block and flash-hider?

I have a question and I couldn't think of a better place to ask:

Is it possible to modify a Real Sword AK in order to make look like and ak74 or an ak101?

I'm aware that it takes Real Steel parts and VFC and I guess that changing the buttstock would require some custom work, but what about the grip, the gas-block and flash-hider?

No you could not, they dont look the same, the realsword type 56 is a different setup than an ak74, just get an LCT

Ugh, I keep looking through all these threads, and I really want a LCT kit now.

I've been wondering if anyone has done a vented heat shield upper hand guard with a modern bottom hand guard (black, olive drab, ect.)? Of all pics I've seen (besides the rs green akm), I love those vented heatshield equipped ak pics.

I bought a buddy's old AIMS. It was, to put it mildly, kind of *fruitcage*ed up and held together with love alone. :P There were at least 5 holes in the receiver that didn't need to be there for what I intended and a jimmied sling loop to also stop the rear stock from wobbling (which I liked, and retained). That said, I bought it as a project gun and it turned out quite nicely. I got it on Sunday, ordered parts the same night, and here we are today with the finished project, an AIMS Carbine of sorts.

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

In the last two pictures you can see the sling loop and where I filled in the holes with metal putty, sanded over them, and then hit the entire replica with Rustoleum Semi-Gloss Black (which oh by the way happens to be a near-perfect match for the finish Tula used on their production AKs). The selector was swapped for an LCT tactical style selector, and the rear site was swapped for a Russian one (not correct, I know, but I prefer it to the Romanian one for some reason). The flash hider is domestically produced by CNC Warrior and is a mini PKM flash hider. It looks odd on any but shortened or short-barreled rifles, but here it fits. The wood is brand new from a demil'd Romanian 'G' kit, and the pistol grip is from my DBoys AKMS. I may or may not acquire a Romanian sling for it, I have a glut of DBoys and Russian slings I need to use first.

muffe, hows that real sword treating you? I have been debating on picking one up

It´s nice, it´s original beacuse i dont feel the need to have it over 130M/sec and i´t shoots like a good :) no wobble whatsoever & the weight is almost twice the AToZ SVD-version

My finished Real Sword 56-2 after artificially distressing and painting the Polymer Furniture.

p1090457cxbp.jpg

p10904493psp.jpg

p1090453xb1x.jpg

p1090447c5k2.jpg

p1090455rzmf.jpg

King Arms GP-30

Prometheus Tightbore & Soft Hop-Up Rubber

Mosfet

~400FPS with 0.2g bbs.

Coming Soon:

Ultimak AK "Scout" Mount

Regards

orb

Edited by oRb

Got my AKSU RIS frontend the other day, just in time for a skirmish! :D

I'm loving it at the moment, it allows for a MUCH better and consistent sight mount than the side plate, and as such I can zero my RDS and have it perfect. :D

The RDS will be replaced with an Aimpoint T1 soon enough, just waiting for Parcelfarce to deliver it.

5027107793_7499ca3747_b.jpg