AR15 Picture Thread

what kind of stock is that on the gun at the bottom?

IronWolf: Remove the img tags if you need to quote a picture.

The 2 covers on each side of the stock bottom were just removed so it looks that way. It's a little easier to adjust the length-of-pull on that stock when its set up that way.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that stock to use? From the looks I can't decide if I like it or not.

I think for airsoft you'd be better off with any of the crance, MOD, CTR, etc type stocks. The ACS was designed in mind for an operator to quickly access CR123 batteries without having to remove the stock itself. Now if Magpul PTS redesigned this stock to use crance style batteries I think it would be worth it.

Looks like a prototyped 80s version of the Crane stock to me.

It is a nice looking stock. Very solid and a bit longer than a regular crane stock (around 1 or 2cm). It may look more massive than a crane stock, but it is not.

To me the Big Black Point is the way to access the battery (lipo), you have to remove the stock, and it is a pita. Well, once you have understood how to do it is fine. I wish they had done the same thing as for the UBR: an easier access to the battery. but I think people to change their battery while rushing, usually you have to sit somewhere and do your little business.

Here are some pics to make a comparison with my former vltor stock:

igp4401.jpg

igp4402.jpg

igp4411.jpg

Edited by Ivan le Fou

Yeah, but its probably the same size as the EMODstock. Great thing is though, after looking at RS pics, it would be PERFECT for a Buffer tube lipo AND a good sized computerized FET, without ANY mods. The current gen "cheetah" fets are quite a bit smaller than the CR123a batteries that fit in the tubes (I calipered them to check, but I cannot remember the measurements now), so they'd fit with the wiring, and there are cut outs already there in the area where the stock storage tube caps pop off, so you wouldn't even need to create an opening with a dremel. The FET could be wired into the stock storage tubes and without mods and then attached to the Lipo siting in the buffer. Now if only there was a good quality lipo to fit in there and Magpul USA would release the ACS in FDE <_<

I don't quite understand how those EO's mount if they don't have a mounting screw, care to enlighten me Rengade?

Its funny. I didnt try and I like these photos soooo much better than above. FML.

To the point, though! The EOtechs use a cross bolt design. They ship with one that has a hex head as well as a larger one that can be tightened with the dull side of a knife. The first photo shows the two options. I believe the knockoffs only come with the larger of the two. They screw into a neat little piece on the bottom. Basically, one quarter of a turn of the screw will take the EO from being rock solid to being able to just fall off the rail. Great for quick changes. I can get a side by side of the L3O-Tech 551 and the ChinEO-Tech 551 if it'd help.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Cheers.

I love my GBBR, but I don't find it very appealing cosmetically.

SDC10209.jpgSDC10216.jpg

What do you experts think of these changes:

New parts: CASV-M, UBR, Knight's trigger guard, ergo grip (what is this a copy of?), and B.A.D. lever.

The scope should be at the proper height on the raised top rail, and the replica T-1 would go on the upper 45° surface of the CASV. I would keep my VFG, gas block, outer barrel, Troy rear flip sight (not shown), ranger plates, and flash hider.

The final touch will be a spray job, in the same pattern as these thigh rigs but with FDE as the base color.

SDC10198.jpg