• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stitched loops inside the CVC. Though when I did that I had IBA/BALCS groin so the loops are too close to each other to mount that Paraclete groin so at the moment I'm using short malice clips for the paraclete groin.

Hey Binary, why do you have the buckle on the right shoulder of your CPC if you are primarily a right handed shooter? I would like to see more close up pics of how you have your CPC set up.

Looks like it is a very effective set up. I like it, good job!

In preparation for some upcoming 24hr FIBUA events in August/September.

My current WIP US Army SF kit, still some bits to do (mag + radio inserts mainly plus counterweight pouch and some patches).

Thanks to Master_Titled for sorting out the TYR pouches and the heads up on other bits!!

ussfkit004.jpg

USSFLoadout1407122edit.jpg

USSFLoadout1407121edit.jpg

Maybe you should re-think the placement of the GP pouch on your right side? Looks like you can't draw your pistol properly?

I tried to run my APC with the MRC shingle but I thought that I couldn't draw the primary mags fast enough. The mags sit pretty tight there.

Is that troy stock RS? I really want one for my AEG.

@ Eizen - Fair points mate. The GP pouch isn't as awkward as it looks, the holster has a forward cant and being leather has more movement than the likes of a kydex one. The draw when wearing the rig is out to the side and forwards rather than up. Isn't much of an issue as I'm only carrying the one mag in the Glock and very rarely draw it, unless I'm utterly stuck/in an awkward or tight position in game.

Ref: the mag inserts, I've seen people put a line of stiching about an inch up from the bottom of the insert to bump up how high the mags sit and make drawing easier, might be worth a try. I'll be doing it if the mags sit too low for me.

The stock is one of THESE. Not bad for a clone, the fit is very good on a G&P stock tube and they are pretty dam solid. I had to do a little work to remove paint on the mechanism on the inside to make the rear compartment easier to open, but nothing difficult.

If you have a load of money burning your pockets up. I wouldn't bother if not.

Question while I'm here, simply for curiosity as I have a load lying around, would a MAV + AOR1 pouches and Crye uni's be anywhere approaching kosher? I've seen the pouches on other rigs, and I think I've seen MAVs, but I imagine they weren't around at the same time? I'm hoping I can make my collection pull dual duty but I don't want to half-*albatross* anything. If not I'll just wait for some Mayflower.

MAV is fine, there was a pic recently of 7th Group training in Central America and one of the group is wearing an OD MAV and TT pouches. Personally, and I know a couple of my team mates wear AOR1 pouches on their SF impressions, I don't think AOR1 really has a place in a SF impression - it just niggles in the back of my mind that it's in some way a NSW impression (might sound snobbish I admit). Depending what colour the MAV is, I'd try and stick as close to that as possible (another team mate runs an OD MAV with Paraclete SG pouches and that looks good).

It's well enough documented in my mind, but I agree with you to an extent, I certainly won't be using any of my AOR2 bits with it, despite some bits and pieces I've seen.

Well it's CB with their desert digital X-harness, I'll probably give it a miss, I was just curious. Possibly something to come back to later as the collection expands, but I'll stick to NSW for now then.

Slowly getting there. Still WIPS too. Need 2 more VIP lights, another 2 universal radio pouches and maybe some GP pouches. A secondary is the next main project, either a glock 17 w/ x200 or 1911 but it depends on finding a holster first. The correct PTT would be awesome too (but I reckon ive got more chance with Sarah chalke than I do finding one).

Rack w/ CVC:

8fa5de1a.jpg

RAV w/ assaulters back panel:

de061caa.jpg