MRK, I like your FLC. I'm thinking on a loadout based on it with a mesh CVC. Could you post some detail photos about the FLC backpanel? I want one too but with a config similar to the one seraph post some time ago, but i don't know how is attached the backpanel to the FLC.

And for the one listed on ebay, you refer to the one in ACU?

Kinnard, look at your backpanel better, your setup is very similar to the aws trauma vest/cqb vest backpanel setup. Really like it.

Edited by CoolHeart_ASN
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolheart: I don't have my FLC panel with me here atm. For how it attaches to FLC there is two small buckles each side of the FLC. You can see one in my pic peaking under that GPS pouch. And then there is those black plastic loops just under the drag handle.

Crunch Bunny: But this is Paraclete which automatically makes it better than USGI :D

Always a work in progress.

Just want to say thanks to those of you in the SF teams for all your efforts in all the conflicts globaly. You guys allow us to enjoy emulating you and you know you like it ;)

Rad

Try you winter camo opposite of the way it is now. White pants and green top; look at the trees in the background, snow on the ground & low the exposed branches up higher. That's a grea combo when moving through snowy areas. You can still carry the white top for when you get into someplace that's full snow.

No offense, but if you're going for the impression, stick with one camo pattern or the other. I've (almost) never seen a picture anywhere--nor come across it in my experience--that said it was OK to have an ACU top and DCU bottoms. About the only time I was "OK'ed" was when it was raining cats and dogs down in NOLA and I was wearing an old set of ECWCS in the woodland BDU scheme. Even then, they said either put on the tops and bottoms or go without.

I agree with the above. Also, if you are really going for an SF kit, you probably want to run a different second line. That PACA/RRV/spine plate combo is not something you really see SF using. Id suggest a RBAV, MarCIRAS, SFLCS/EI/MBAV plate carrier, RAV, SOHPC, ARHPC, or mayflower/velocity systems carriers to name a few. And you might want to consider an M9 or a Glock as opposed to a 1911.

Well i didnt really state a unit i was going for, its just bits pulled from lots of different pics for a generic impression.

This is one of them.

sfsg-iraq.jpg

I had ciras and didnt get on with it, it was too big and a bit stiff for me (giggidy) even with out plates. The RRV does its job better for me and its more comfortable to wear.

Oh and after spending silly amounts of money making a kimber warrior before the chinese im going to wear it with as many load outs i can get away with ;)

Thanks for the input though.

Edited by msx361

I was under the impression it was joint task force uk/us? If not then im sry to offend you guys, ive obviously made a mistake as a ref picture showing sf mixing camo. Maybe its just the sas that do then and not the us sf as no one has a picture of it. Same with rrv and 1911, il take your expert advice :) Thanks again for your input.

TF: Black was joint operations, but I believe the photo just shows UKSF. However there is one wearing the stars and stripes, but his equipment (esp. guns) matches the others.

There are some pics (can't tell you of whom though, saw them on MilitaryPhotos a while back) of USSF in mixed camo. What comes to mind is AOR1/Tri-Colour (both desert and woodland if memory serves, definitely the first former). I'd find them for you, but don't fancy trawling through 350 pages!

Edited by Blackjack13

I wouldnt ask or expect you to either. The us flag is probably what lead me to believe it was mixed. I know that there is sas in that pic but i thought black group or whatever they were called were an international group, but in that photo were us and sas. I guess we will never know as none of us were there :(

I wouldnt ask or expect you to either. The us flag is probably what lead me to believe it was mixed. I know that there is sas in that pic but i thought black group or whatever they were called were an international group, but in that photo were us and sas. I guess we will never know as none of us were there :(

TF Black was the UK component of TF 121 (as it was known at one stage, and which contained not only US SOF components), and comprised UKSF (plus support) assets only. They lived next door to a US team and adopted a few of the American bits and pieces during the course of their deployment, i.e. the 'F*ck al Qaeda' badge (which later featured a Union Jack for TF Black members) and Crye MC Combats. The use of US camofluage (ACU and 3-colour desert) was deliberate, British forces were officially assigned to southern Iraq only - therefore those running around central and northern Iraq were 'dressed up' to resemble US forces in order to avoid obvious media attention.

CAG?? (I ask for the three operators with ANVIS mounts)

dboys.jpg

Australian SOTG, you can see a guy with the Ninox mount and ANVIS are well used by Australian SOF nowadays.

Picture (posted over on mp.net) is of Australian SOTG (apart from the Ninox you can just about make out an Aussie flag) was originally taken from this article: Battlefield mateship worthy of VC