Ain't that the truth!? lol By the way, do you have any real pics of "them" wearing Multicam and RG/sewer green gear? Or is this just a personal set-up? (If you do though, I don't know if you would/could post them)

i dont have any pics but the guys ive seen all had khaki stuff the SG stuff im throwin over my custom DCU's

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of pics from the following were posted over on mp.net, and whilst there is no definite answer as to who they are the fact that the majority are wearing Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbunds suggests SF...

0908020-A-2946F-030.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force Khowst patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan in preparation for the country's elections Aug. 20, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908020-A-2946F-183.jpg

Coalition forces patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan Aug. 20, 2009. The patrol is being conducted in response to an explosion in the city. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908020-A-2946F-282.jpg

Coalition forces and members of a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province in preparation for the elections Aug. 18, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908018-A-2946F-169.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province Aug. 18, 2009, in preparation for the upcoming elections. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908020-A-2946F-006.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force Khowst patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan in preparation for the country's elections Aug. 20, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908020-A-2946F-361.jpg

Coalition forces patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan Aug. 20, 2009. The patrol is being conducted in response to an explosion in the city. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908020-A-2946F-024.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force Khowst patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan in preparation for the upcoming elections Aug. 20, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

A couple more from the same series as posted previously...

0908018-A-2946F-046.jpg

A member of a coalition force adjusts his automatic weapon before a patrol in the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province Aug. 18, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908016-A-2946F-125.jpg

Coalition forces and members of a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in Afghanistan's Khost province in preparation for the upcoming elections Aug. 16, 2009. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

0908016-A-2946F-112.jpg

Coalition forces and a Khost task force patrol the city of Khost in the Khost province of Afghanistan, Aug. 16, 2009, in preparation for the upcoming elections. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Matthew Freire/Released)

Those are some nice pictures you've found there.

Forgive my ignorance of US Army SF, but THEM wearing tri colour is that a new thing in light of the congress orders relating to UCP, I thought most of them would be in MC?

With regards to the lack of iron sights, I guess they don't have to worry about BB's hitting the lenses of their optics and cracking them.

Sorry that sounded like a bit of a titish thing to say.

Edited by Grantfallen
Forgive my ignorance of US Army SF, but THEM wearing tri colour is that a new thing in light of the congress orders relating to UCP, I thought most of them would be in MC?

SF, and SOF in general, enjoy a greater leniency with regard to uniform in theatre than regular forces. SF do wear UCP, however it all comes down to personal preference and where abouts you're operating down-range.

So far as I know Congress have not yet completely ordered a rethink of UCP, although it seems that this is going to become more likely; IIRC there will be a regular unit deployed to A'stan wearing MC (not sure if or when they're in theatre) so it'll be interesting to see what pics emerge from their deployment.

@ US SF pics above: are they wearing the EI CIRAS or is that the new Eclipse RBAV? Can't tell from the rear, looks like CIRAS though...

Pretty sure that they (at least those in DCU and MC) are sporting Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbunds... you can see the darker tan-coloured elastic on the rear of the shoulder straps which is a dead giveaway.

Pretty sure that they (at least those in DCU and MC) are sporting Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbunds... you can see the darker tan-coloured elastic on the rear of the shoulder straps which is a dead giveaway.

I was just about to mention the EI plate carrier with cumberbund, but the shoulder strap pad cover thing was throwing me off...