WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Speaking of the CO2s, I just did a little search. Is it just me or is there still no final answer wether or not the CO2 Rifles also take gas mags?

I'm also looking forward to the Scar, it'll likely replace my current VFC one

If you read back a few pages I think WETTI replied with a statement suggesting all CO2 spec rifles would still accept the gas mags. That would refer to new CO2 rifles or a gas rifle upgraded to CO2 spec :D

Edited by Marky [UE]
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Well, I read your post earlier & refrain myself from answering you right away. I simply wanted to see if the general consensus here is as negative as you've put it… Well, I think enough people has spoken & given their un-bias assessment of our platform here that sorta warm my heart some. So here's my own 2-cents if you care to read it…

Outstanding reply, very refreshing to see a company lay things bare like that. You have my confidence, support, and pretty soon you'll have some of my cash. Hopefully this will instill the confidence that may have been lacking from other thread stalkers. Good luck on your Ranger trials.

dude check the search about the charging handle. Chris even posted an entire thread in the readers review sectioin about it ;)

As for the selectors. I don't think the RS will fit. Maybe Wetti is coming up with some. I would appreciate it.

But horizon tactical offers ambi mag catches for that matter.

Thats good to hear.

You are the only person praising the new design.

Do you ever get shots that pull to the right or left?

Im asking, How is your "shot to shot" consistency?

And what weight bb are you using?

I have the new hopup in mine and mine does not pull left or right anymore but it is still inconsistent. I have been tinkering with the floating valve and have consistently got both of my guns shooting 350fps. I think the problem with my guns shooting sporadically along with everyone else is the mag is sitting a "LITTLE" loose in the hop chamber. If you pull the charging handle and lock the bolt carrier back look into the ejection port and move your mag back and forth. You can see that the BB follower unit slightly points up and down when you move it. I think that due to the recoil factor each shoot is coming out one over hopped and one to the ground. I'm going to try and fix it today. When the gun is shooting good this thing is much more accurate than my first version hopup. It is as accurate as a AEG......... very encouraging if you ask me. I will post up the results when I mod the mag well. Stay tuned.

I just made some chrono tests.

My setup was with the original 6.03mm CQB-length barrel, 300fps Steel Nozzle ("A") from Airsoft Buddy and original V1 hopup turned to minimum (no mods made to the rubber). The barrel extension was screwed on having the CQB-barrel inside. The gas I used was Begadi Power Gas (closest equivalent for GG we can get). Shots were fired in 21 degree room temperature, with warm magazine and 0.20g BB's.

Readings were 130m/s, 129m/s, 128m/s, 129m/s, 128m/s, 126m/s, 127m/s...

No more than 1-2m/s difference between single shots. I think that was very consistent. So in feet per second this translates to around 420-425fps.

The readings are well below the 480fps that I originally measured with the stock brass nozzle and CQB-barrel, but still a bit too much that I would be completely satisfied. At our games the limit is 1.6 joules which translates to 415fps with 0.20g bb's. So in theory this is too much for me, since the limits are strict. Now at 21 degrees it shoots closer to 1.7 joules. But since it's usually colder outside here in Finland than inside (except in mid-summer), this setup should be able to shoot below the limits most of the time. Next option would be to switch to the brass #42 part that limits the power even more, but with that the power drops below 1 joule. It's good for CQB but not for woodland skirmish.

WETTI: I really wish there were more nozzle options to choose from...! Especially when the CO2 system comes out. I think that there should be different types of #42 parts, since that seems the most elegant way to adjust the power. We could make our own nozzle setups easily if we could just buy couple of nozzle sets and insert the preferred #42 parts inside them.

From a conversation couple days ago with a 3rd-party manufacturer, an 'adjustable' valve is already in the works. I hope that is good news for all of you. Personally I look forward very much to seeing the thing... :)

WETTI: I really wish there were more nozzle options to choose from...! Especially when the CO2 system comes out.

I'd like to see different drop-in replacement bolt carrier sets with choosable fps values...

maybe as a slightly cheaper offer then buying all those single parts (valve, bolt carrier, roller bearing, #36..)

You guys from Germany has just gotten yourself an authorized sole distributor for your country ;) . Pls look out for my official announcement at the news section here & on GGI. You can now communicate directly with them & put in your suggestions for what you want. All WE products & parts will be exclusively available from them. Their service & gun modification technique is also a major reason why I decided on them as a partner.

Good luck & pls let me know if you have any further issues at all.

WETTI

I love your idea, whatever helps is great news!!

btw, maybe I'm just stupid but I think there is an error in the describtion of ABs O-ring set,

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=212

it says it includes the parts

Parts # 120 x 2 pcs

Parts #45 x 1 pc

Parts #121 x 1pc

there as in the explosion drawing part 121 is actually the piston head.

It #122 meant by this?

Somegirls, I was perplexed by this aswell. When I ordered that set, I was expecting a #122 O-ring (since #121 was actually a piston head), but what I got was just a regular fat o-ring...not the same squarish one that's supposed to go on #121. I want all this to work...I really do! But so far, nothing seems to be going right. I love this gun and can never go back to AEGs, but that just might have to change...

Different people have promised different things, but like they say, actions speak louder than words. I still haven't recieved missing 0-rings for a 300 fps steel nozzle (that chronoed at 465 fp with .25g) , I still haven't received a replacement CQB barrel (the first stock one didn't even fit!) after more than a month of waiting...so I'm really starting to lose hope. I don't want to, but its starting...was I dumb to pre-order C02 mags? They didn't even have the upgraded brass housing/nozzle required to run the C02 mags.., so I don't even know whether the mags will be expensive paper weights until the proper internals are available..can someone clarify? thanks folks!

That is sorta true, the service and contact is great but in the end all those improvement parts didn't have any effect.

Second. KWA is a great company and all their pistols (and what I heard about their AEGs) are top notch. Every KWA/KSC pistol I ever owned worked flawlessly.

A lot of guys had put way more effords in that than I did but I still say thank you and "we" really appreciate that.

But anyways, on the other hadn I'd have loved to see something like "okay thank you guys, now we know the O-Ring #122 will shredd away, pm me your addresses and we're going to get each one of you a few o-rings for free".

btw, of course all my statments according to that topic are directed to all the companies involved in the WE M4. At this time Wetti is just the only one to quote.

Where was I.

All the V1 and even the V2 users here are some sort of pioneers who spend a lot of time, thoughts and most of all money on ideas, improvements and spare sparts to make a better and in the end cheaper ("Final versions" vs. older versions + spare parts) product available to the market.

okay this post is overall pretty messed up but I hope you get the point.

1. Pls do not confuse me (who's doing the listening/service/contact) with those who's made the 'improvement' parts. I'm the manufacturer & supplier of the AWSS platform only. While we welcome all who would put forth an effort to supply after-market parts for out platform, we have ABSOLUTELY no involvement or business relationship with these companies. In many instance, whether their parts works or not is purely a subjective opinion; I've heard both positive (from many parts of the world) & negative comments from many. This situation is much like that with the AEG market with numerous 3rd-party manufacturers making improvement parts for the same Marui systems.

2. Don't jump your gun to quickly, my friend. How do you know that we have not replaced (for free) any broken parts for any customers? Pls ask around before you start making that statement. While it is a fact the I will not be able to serve EVERYONE, I've indeed responded on numerous occasions to complaints about our parts breaking prematurely & encouraged those unfortunate souls to PM me & allow me to assist them. I've even picking up the slack of DEALERs/RETAILERs whose customers were not able to receive service from them & had assisted these customers without delay.

Fair's fair. God knows I've tried & I've tried dearly...but I also understand that I will not be able to satisfy all. But I'll keep trying, towards the end, to become as best & as responsible as a manufacturer can be. That is all I can promise anyone.

I also hope that you get my point.

WETTI

Speaking of the CO2s, I just did a little search. Is it just me or is there still no final answer wether or not the CO2 Rifles also take gas mags?

I'm also looking forward to the Scar, it'll likely replace my current VFC one

It's CO2 system is 'backward' compatible with the current magazines; no worries. ;)

Thanks for your support!!

dude check the search about the charging handle. Chris even posted an entire thread in the readers review sectioin about it ;)

As for the selectors. I don't think the RS will fit. Maybe Wetti is coming up with some. I would appreciate it.

But horizon tactical offers ambi mag catches for that matter.

Again, from an earlier conversation, an ambi-selector is coming soon from a 3-rd party manufacturer.

Somegirls, I was perplexed by this aswell. When I ordered that set, I was expecting a #122 O-ring (since #121 was actually a piston head), but what I got was just a regular fat o-ring...not the same squarish one that's supposed to go on #121. I want all this to work...I really do! But so far, nothing seems to be going right. I love this gun and can never go back to AEGs, but that just might have to change...

Different people have promised different things, but like they say, actions speak louder than words. I still haven't recieved missing 0-rings for a 300 fps steel nozzle (that chronoed at 465 fp with .25g) , I still haven't received a replacement CQB barrel (the first stock one didn't even fit!) after more than a month of waiting...so I'm really starting to lose hope. I don't want to, but its starting...was I dumb to pre-order C02 mags? They didn't even have the upgraded brass housing/nozzle required to run the C02 mags.., so I don't even know whether the mags will be expensive paper weights until the proper internals are available..can someone clarify? thanks folks!

Pls PM me, thanks!