Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

Ehehehehe, OPFP2:DR has its flaws, but it's certainly a better game than MW:2, and sorely under-rated in my opinion.

I'm totally up for Co-Op missions; somewhere I have all the codes for the downloadable FTE single missions as well. Remember, I have it on the 360 though, not the PC :lol:

I think you'll enjoy Modern Warfare: 2 though; it's not a BAD game by any account - just over-hyped, and a tad unbalanced.

Ben.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random bit of info about the M93r, statistically it's the exact same as an M16A4 damage and accuracy wise, all you're losing is 10rnds from the magazine; which can of course be remedied with extended mags, giving you an assault rifle as a secondary. I use it with my sniper classes all the time.

Also with relation to the 'silencers', on sniper rifles they do decrease the actual damage stat by around 20-30%, and considering killcam is always on I personally just forget about them and go for FMJ with stopping power, to hell with stealth. Makes for a 1 hit kill to everywhere but limbs if you're using the Intervention or M82.

I'd also strongly advise having a knife only class. I can do better on skidrow (as an example) using my Tac knife DEagle with a fast running setup (and commando of course) than I could by actually playing normally and trying to shoot people. The range of the knife is massive with commando, far further than you'd think, it's worth hitting the button even if you believe you might be too far away for it to work.

Random bit of info about the M93r, statistically it's the exact same as an M16A4 damage and accuracy wise, all you're losing is 10rnds from the magazine;

Plus you get full auto which you don't get on the M16...so basically don't bother with the M16 at all then? Use something else?

How do the other machine pistols/SMGs fare?

Stu.

@CKinnerley

I hate people using that combo, I always whip out the spas with stopping power to combat it. On non hardcore mode normal guns with no stopping power just dont do enough damage to kill the commando/lightweight uber-lunge.

Anyone else hit 70 :S I'm waiting to prestige as I'm on about 420/500 headshots to complete the ACR.

Plus you get full auto which you don't get on the M16...so basically don't bother with the M16 at all then? Use something else?

How do the other machine pistols/SMGs fare?

Stu.

Well not quite, the M93r is still burst fire, just the same as the RS and airsoft versions, but either way, other than the mag size the only dis-advantage of the 'Raffica' vs. the M16 is it doesn't have quite as many attachment available. Not too sure what the FAMAS is like as I'm not a fan, but generally I'd say if you want a great secondary, especially for long ranges (and it is accurate as hell) then grab the M93.

The PP-2000 is also probably fairly similar to an ACR stats wise I'd say, it's accuracy out to long distance even when keeping your finger on the trigger is fantastic, overall it's probably even better than the M93, I just don't use it that much as I lean towards the higher lvl weapons. The G18 is awesome as an akimbo close up weapon, though not great outside of that; and the TMP is fairly poor to my mind, crazy rate of fire with a 15rnd mag = bad times, especially without stopping power and sleight of hand, stick with something else.

As for the SMGs it depends what you want, the UMP is the king to my mind, with the P90 coming a close second. The vector isn't a bad all rounder, the uzi is similar though more suited to close up stuff, and the MP5k I just refuse to weild as it utterly disgusts me personally.

@CKinnerley

I hate people using that combo, I always whip out the spas with stopping power to combat it. On non hardcore mode normal guns with no stopping power just dont do enough damage to kill the commando/lightweight uber-lunge.

Anyone else hit 70 :S I'm waiting to prestige as I'm on about 420/500 headshots to complete the ACR.

I sure know a lot of people in that same mindset mate, I got accused of (apparently) using a 'knife hack' on skidrow, but hey it's hardly over-powered. I know personally when I use it I'm scuppered if I start taking fire from a distance because the Des Eagle is utter *suitcase*.

I've prestiged and back a t lvl70 again, using the AK for a bit before I go back to lvl1. Something to note about that, is that going prestige unlock a massive load of new challenges, one new 'set' below Intimidate in the Barracks, and 2 for every single weapon, one being headshots (or multi-kills with explosives) and one just for kills. The great thing about all these prestige specific challenges is that they never reset, so you can just keep on building them and building them without having to worry about completing a particular one before going up a prestige level.

Also worth noting as a general bit of info, is that there exists quite a few 'secret' challenges not listed in the barracks, some may be prestige specific I'm unsure. Here's a few I've got that I can actually remember:

-Get a C4 kill will in last stand (gives a cool title which I use ATM)

-3 kills with 3 different weapon in 1 life

-3 kills with your secondary in 1 life

-Get hurt by an enemy and then stab them in the back

There's definitely more though. Incidentally if anyone wants any advice on getting nukes then feel free to ask, I got my 10 for the emblem before I hit 70 the first time.

Also worth noting as a general bit of info, is that there exists quite a few 'secret' challenges not listed in the barracks, some may be prestige specific I'm unsure. Here's a few I've got that I can actually remember:

-Get a C4 kill will in last stand (gives a cool title which I use ATM)

-3 kills with 3 different weapon in 1 life

-3 kills with your secondary in 1 life

-Get hurt by an enemy and then stab them in the back

There's definitely more though. Incidentally if anyone wants any advice on getting nukes then feel free to ask, I got my 10 for the emblem before I hit 70 the first time.

The last one of them is definately not perstige, Ive got it. Im not sure about the others though.

Oh God

I may give up with it then, i dont care that much to do 1000

I did it with the M4A1 after prestiging, all you get is a stupid gold profiency badge and a the same title as weapon mastery with a little headshot icon in the corner.

the tactical knife, has a stupidly long attack range when used with commando.

i played 3 games last night, using the magnum with tactical knife,commando,lightweight and marathon.

1st game 37-6 kd

2nd game 28-7 kd

3rd game 42-9 kd

all knife kills,except for my kill streak rewards (prob about 15ish+ knife kills per game)the other team were going tits

I just had a newly found hatred for the two of you. :P

My counter? ACR w/ holographic sight and me with my back to a wall, a teammate, or a sentry gun. Rushing me in an attempt to knife me will only net you a face full of automatic fire and then is no surprising me from behind, either.

But seriously, I hate the speeders and the dual shotguns with a passion. At least walking around with a constant M203 erection is doable in real life...

I just had a newly found hatred for the two of you. :P

My counter? ACR w/ holographic sight and me with my back to a wall, a teammate, or a sentry gun. Rushing me in an attempt to knife me will only net you a face full of automatic fire and then is no surprising me from behind, either.

But seriously, I hate the speeders and the dual shotguns with a passion. At least walking around with a constant M203 erection is doable in real life...

You need a single shotgun + grip + stopping power.. they die quick, and change class soon after

The SPAS-12 with a grip is a real beast, the AA-12 has it's merits, and dual rangers or a Bennelli work well, but having tried them all I've found none of the shotguns (except for the 1887's pre-nerf) have that same "BOOM! Si' down!" one hit stopping power the SPAS does. Just remember to be vigilant about re-cocking before going in to a sprint, otherwise you'll be in the same situation I have a few times, i.e. running round a corner and getting blasted while you're there trying to pump your next shell.

Went up against a team of speeders (dual shotguns, riot shield, yadda yadda yadda) with my ACR/M203 in HQ Pro. 16-1 k/d ratio. The one death being when I knew I was about to get overrun and deliberately called in a Harrier strike that ended up killing me and the three guys rushing me.

Haven't felt this good from a game in a while...

I’ve been able to maintain a 2:1 K/D ratio and hold my own against 1887s and Jack the Ripper builds. (Besides, I prefer having a high number of kills rather than have a good ratio.)

My favored load out (at level 42) is: AUG with grip and M93 with reddot. Equipment is Semtex and stun grenades.

The perks are Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro. My rewards are supply drop, Harrier, and chopper gunner.

I'm partial to the SCAR, but haven't looked back since I got the AUG.

I'm curious what fun I can have with One Man Army when I get it.

I'm really liking the AUG H-BAR with a grip and sleight of hand pro. The perk helps counter the slow bring-to-bear time (the weapon is classified as an LMG, after all) and nullifies the relatively long reload time. With a grip and fired over open sights, it's a beauty.

Archived