Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

so i think ive just realised i dont have the patients for all the bull *suitcase* in this game.

people making rediculously long range melee attacks? no thanks.

people running around just to use their grenade launcher? no thanks.

a UMP firing through a massive block of rock on quarry? definitly not.

dumping half a mag at close range into someone with an m4, with stopping power AND FMJ and them surviving? get lost.

harriers and heli gunners raping th whole map? no thanks. spawning into a bombing run? now your just being silly.

campers using Silenced Sniper rifles to get one shot kills on my leg? not for me.

using said sniper rifle and getting 2 chest shots and not getting the kill? what the *fruitcage*?!

im going back to dragon rising. this game is so full of hype and bull *suitcase* that when you squeeze it, it oozes out the sides.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRUITCAGE!

Ok, so at the end of a team death match, the power strip that powers my desktop failed. I got it working again, and started MP again, and guess what? My stats were reset to LV1 from a LV26 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Anyone know if there is a way to fix it?

Level 26 isn't too bad... I could probably get back up to that in a couple of days.

I'd be ###### if it happened to me though - level 47!

Ben.

Ok, I found where the files are located. It is located at Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>call of duty modern warfare 2>players. I recommend everyone to copy the "players" folder, and save to somewhere else in your hard drive or email account as a back up. To restore in case of disaster, just overwrite the contents of the original "players" folder with the back up. If you still have COD4, you follow the same procedure to back up your stats.

That said, anyone mind copying their "players" folder and sending it to me? I really don't want to waste more time getting to where I was :( I all I go to trade is a COD4 Lv55 account with most stuff unlocked. All you need to do is to copy the players folder, split it into 25mb parts using WinRar, upload each part to your email, then send it to me. I will PM you my address if you are willing :)

More news:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This will be better if they do one thing for me, put the DA** a2 front sight on...Jesus...how hard is that!

At any rate graphics look 20 times better to me. So do the driving sequences, i noticed alot of shoddy graphics in MW2. Also, this game is based off a real story, which makes it alot better to me. Sure the local will be limited but, I like my shooters either

A) Based on an actual event or

B) or sci fi like Halo.

Just my ten cents.

This will be better if they do one thing for me, put the DA** a2 front sight on...Jesus...how hard is that!

That's something that's bothered all the way from COD4 to MW2. Someone has to explain to IW that that just because an optic is on, doesnt mean the front sight has to disappear, or even be folded down for that matter....

Can anyone explain what happens if you complete the Museum level you unlock at the end of the game?

Mine seems stuck on Veteran difficulty, and it's too hard at the moment.

Ben.

Theres a few rooms with all the characters from the game standing around like a museum exhibition. Theres a red button in each of the two rooms and yuo can hit it and the room comes alive and attacks you.

At any rate graphics look 20 times better to me. So do the driving sequences, i noticed alot of shoddy graphics in MW2. Also, this game is based off a real story, which makes it alot better to me. Sure the local will be limited but, I like my shooters either

sure videos seem impressive, but the actual game play I highly doubt will be this sharp. And besides, when is hte last time that EA made a decent shooter?

Quit being so cynical. Jeez, it's a console shooter - i.e. made for people with the attention span of a gnat. That's why there is so much gunk in there to keep people coming back to it. I admit, it's not going to be a long lived affair, and that's represented with the game play on offer.

You have the spec ops missions which you sit down with your mate and play it out. good for some beers on a cold night.

You have a relatively short single player campaign that happens to have quite a compelling story line. definately leading to the more episodic single player style that valve tried to acheive with the episodes of half life, yet disguising it with enough change to massquerade as a new game and charge £50 for it.

then you have the multiplayer. unlocks different weapons after you earn acheivements and rewards those with time to play over those with any real skill. Ok, i've always really hated the way that those who maybe don't do a 9-5 job get the best stuff in the game. Same with warcraft - same with this. However, the unlocks have enough to keep you interested. Seems they've timed it perfectly so just as you're losing interest, you get a new toy to play with. what happens when i get to the dizzy heights of 70 - not sure. probably time for BF 2 or whatever the fluff it is going to be called!

in short, it's a console shooter aimed at people with the attention span of a gnat. If you read to the end of this, you probably should save your money!

Honestly i'm quite baffled by how *suitcase* this game has become online...

Its either dire camping/m203'ing on hardcore or duel 1887's on the normal modes and thats only if you ever even manage to get into a game instead of getting consantly dragged into those bloody glitched private matches on rust.

I swear to god it took me over 8 attempts eariler to join a normal domination match because I was constantly being pulled into private groundwar games on rust...

Archived