Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how IW claims that putting dedicated servers in alongside matchmaking will "burificate the community". -_-

Somehow I doubt it will be less damaging to the community than their current policy of "*fruitcage* over the PC players relentlessly".

I tell you this much, considering I've already become board with MW2 and stopped playing all together (other than Spec Ops) if they dont de-nubify it, I wont buy another IW game again, since it's clear they dont actually WANT me to support them considering how much they care for my chosen platform.

I tell you this much, considering I've already become board with MW2 and stopped playing all together (other than Spec Ops) if they dont de-nubify it, I wont buy another IW game again, since it's clear they dont actually WANT me to support them considering how much they care for my chosen platform.

Quite. I'll still play it right until something better comes along (I've high hopes for the new MoH game). There's little point in trying to support a game that has little to no PC community support. The developers comments on the matter come across as arrogant :(

Yeah, same. I got tired of MW2 after I unlocked all my favorite weapons and used 'em for a while (M14, ACR, M240).

Problem is that it somehow doesn't hold the same appeal as, say BF2 or even COD4. I love teamwork based FPSes, and MW2 is definitely not that. Waiting on BFBC2. 32 Players on PC aint bad (though I wish there were 48 or even 64, like in BF2).

Anyone notice how much of the single-player is from The Rock?

The underwater infiltration sequence, the assault on an impregnable prison, the shower room firefight, the green flares to abort an incoming air strike, and the renegade general with an agenda of his own and as well his private army of elite troops.

The underwater infiltration sequence, the assault on an impregnable prison, the shower room firefight, the green flares to abort an incoming air strike, and the renegade general with an agenda of his own and as well his private army of elite troops.

And Hans Zimmer on the soundtrack so it even sounds like those parts....

Well that's explainable by how quickly they got the game out after MW.

Coding and testing takes a certain amount of time, but actually coming up with a new plot is going to take a lot more - £5 virtual to whoever works out which film/TV programme the Favela battle comes from :)

That's one of the things I find a bit disappointing about MW2 - COD4 was original and coherent, MW2 feels corny, derivative and disjointed - As if the designers just sat down and said "That bit of [favourite movie X] was cool, let's get that in!"

Some work well, like the Oil Rig, but some just seem to be in for the sake of it.

M.

Welcome to last month. Don't worry, we'll have you figuring out it gets boring after a while in no time.

Along those lines...I haven't played it for several weeks. I got on Multiplayer, played it a bit until I got to around mid-30s and just stopped. I haven't been on it for ages, been splitting my time between L4D2 and Dragon Age: Origins, both of whom have held my interest for longer than MW2 has. Even my brother hasn't been playing it as much as he used to play CoD4, and he was obsessed with it. He's managed to prestige and has been running around FAMAS'ing people left right and centre, but he hasn't been on it as much as I'd have expected.

You know at almost exactly a month to day after the release, people shouldnt be saying, "Yep I got board with it, moving on to more interesting games." Maybe IW will learn from this (probably not). Like I said, they permanently lost a customer in me, maybe others will feel the same as well.

Coding and testing takes a certain amount of time, but actually coming up with a new plot is going to take a lot more - £5 virtual to whoever works out which film/TV programme the Favela battle comes from :)

I thought a mashup between Blackhawk-Down and Man on Fire tbh with a bit of bad boys 2. needed a big yellow hummer

im now officially bored with the ranking up process. I'm still enjoying the game somewhat, though it makes me rage more than any other game I've ever played, even scoring 0-10 in CSS doesn't feel as bad, since usually that's because of outrageous skill from the opposition, as opposed to outrageous lag.

Any rate, I wanna boost, I don't give a damn about ranking up, i want all me bloody guns back so if anyone fancies jumping in a cage match and doing some boosting, search cbrine on steam and hit me up :D

it makes me rage more than any other game I've ever played, even scoring 0-10 in CSS doesn't feel as bad, since usually that's because of outrageous skill from the opposition, as opposed to outrageous lag.

Aargh, I know what you mean too well. I dunno what happened, but about a week ago everything became so frustrating. Before I could run around with just a shotgun or machine pistol and win a FfA match, but now I can barely maintain a positive KD with an LMG and heartbeat sensor (and it's really not fun to play that way anyway). I only barely have luck sniping in TD and that only seems to be because I can see people and they can't see me. It's funny because I was going to Prestige just before it became like this. Glad I didn't.

I'm giving it a rest for a while. Even thinking about playing kind of frustrates me. :P

so i finally got this game a few days ago as an early chrimbo presant. started playig the single player andits quite enjoyable. story so far seems ok. however, it does seem to have too many relentless firefights, ie the favela. feels a bit too like a bond film- you against the world type thing. do like the new areas you fight in, ie suburban house to house was cool.

multiplayer is a different story. and sadly, i cant say its my favourite. it just seems to... quirky i guess. so many different things going on, so many different ways to play it etc, and some maps i have a hard time telling which way is up! so many different routes that you might think you're safe from one direction, but someone will come up and get you. it doesnt seem very accessible for new players. also, in the first few levels, it seems like the only way to get a decent score is to play like a n00b. tubing etc. i will continue playing until i get some higher ranks, but i really hope it gets better as you unluck more things.

pretty much exactly the same opinion i had, on everything.

ive just got to about level 40 or something, and i feel im only just now getting used to the maps and getting 'up to speed' with it. i've had it since it came out, so im obviously not one of these relentless vegetate in front of the tv for half a day type of players. also, i only ever play team deathmatch, the other game types, while probably offereing greater XP rewards, dont interest me in the slightest. i could probably rank up a lot quicker if i just done the first couple of 'marksman' challenges for every gun, as it would take too long. but im plodding through one gun at a time getting all challenges other than the last marksman and headshot ones.

i guess if your sole aim of the game was to rank up as quickly as possible, there are ways to do it by bashing through the easier challenges, using certain guns and playing specific game modes, but thats not for me.

That's one of the things I find a bit disappointing about MW2 - COD4 was original and coherent, MW2 feels corny, derivative and disjointed - As if the designers just sat down and said "That bit of [favourite movie X] was cool, let's get that in!"

I agree with Yahtzee: The plot feels like half the team knew they would sell the snot out of the game no matter what and decided to see how much they could get away with, while the other half of the team kept trying to drag the first half away from the keyboard.

another thing i've noticed about the multiplayer is that some of the guns, i think, are next to useless. at the moment im trying to complete most of the M4 challenges, but its utter *suitcase*. i actually think my AEG would do more damage to somebody. i find the UMP almost unctrollable, and the barrett is so weak its laughable. wasn't impressed with the FAMAS either. i'll admit to not having used all the weapons ive unlocked yet, but from what i have used, there are ###### ones than good ones. at least on cod4 there was a time and place where just about every gun was worth using. i do like the FAL though. i like that a lot.

Well actually the UMP is a popular SMG because it does enough damage and has a very high accuracy and range, compared to the other SMG's. The FAL is a good weapon but certainly not for everyone. If I "got my aim on", the FAL helps me win first place, sometimes it puts me at the bottom if I'm not on the spot. A lot of the weapons are good, but not for everyone. Some weapons are just good, like the TAR, ACR and the 1887's, just like the M4A1, AK47 and AWM in Counter-Strike. Still, a good player should be able to wield every weapon. And otherwise, there is also Hardcore. I use the USP a lot in Hardcore, 1 shot = 1 kill, most of the time. And it's very accurate at medium to long range too.

Archived