Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

I really realized that the only fun I have now, after getting to level 70, and unlocking all the guns, is playing Private Matches with friends.

We always play Knives only games, throwing knives included, and it always turns into a huge funfest. I'm apparently amazingly skilled at gutting the *suitcase* out of everyone, and throwing knives :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my point is that how come getting so many deaths doesnt affect his score?

edit: i think it would be better if the scores were based on your final kill: death ratio of that game, with all the other points then added on (ie kill streaks, assists, HQ points, whatever)

2nd edit: spellun!

If they did that, it'd stop so many morons just running at you cause it'd damage thier score.

Am currently enjoying bringing the smackdown with a FAL. The kiddies don't much like being owned with a semi auto rifle. ;)

Also, I've never seen a harrier deploy flares. But I never use the stinger, I use the AT4.

Also, I've never seen a harrier deploy flares. But I never use the stinger, I use the AT4.

The only killstreak reward vehicles that do are the AC130 and the Apache chopper gunner. The rest go down with a single Stinger no problem - except if they're directly above you. My speciality is shooting down choppers and planes, I spend half the time during matches with my eye on the sky and a Stinger on my back. The only time you'll end up missing with a Stinger against a Harrier or a Hind is if the thing is directly above you - just make sure you're at an angle and you'll be fine. AC130s and Apaches (chopper gunner) fire off flares, meaning you'll need 3 to take down an AC130, and 2-3 for an Apache. Pave Lows will take 2-3 Stingers too, but those missiles will actually hit, the blasted things are armoured up to hell. The rest will just take one Stinger or 1-2 AT4s to take down.

Harriers certainly give off flares, Plenty of times I've been close to a stationary harrier with a clear LoS only for it to spear off at the last minute, totally missing due to flares.

However, saying that, I do shoot ALOT of them down, mainly because when I play it seems noone else in my team is willing to.

The harriers do deply flares in the MP game, seen it with my own two eyes; I also see the swivelling gun turret mounted on the chin of the harrier; this game isnt terribly true to life, I'll say that much for sure.

Oh, and it only takes one, repeat one Javelin missle to down an AC-130 :) ( in hardcore team death match at any rate).

Oh, and topsecret hint: when you shoot down a copter/harrier, only shoot it until it starts smoking and spinning around (not until it explodes mid-air); every single bullet you hit with afterwards until it crashes counts as kill towards your cold-blooded/ coldblooded Pro perk. I watched my flat mate earn ~40 kills after shooting down only a couple aircraft, that should have earned him 2 kills. Beats the hell out of shooting down 250 aircraft to earn CB pro... ;)

Oh, and topsecret hint: when you shoot down a copter/harrier, only shoot it until it starts smoking and spinning around (not until it explodes mid-air); every single bullet you hit with afterwards until it crashes counts as kill towards your cold-blooded/ coldblooded Pro perk. I watched my flat mate earn ~40 kills after shooting down only a couple aircraft, that should have earned him 2 kills. Beats the hell out of shooting down 250 aircraft to earn CB pro... ;)

*suitcase* the bed

Going to have to try this tomorrow, its one of my most used perks I've never got the emblem for..

Also, if you want to ###### people off, try this combo.

Bling pro, stopping power pro, commando pro, steyr aug w/grip+fmj, akimbo glocks w/ fmj

The amount of damage your guns do is sickening. Just pointing them at people seems to kill them :D

Pavelows do have flares, as far as I've seen. Never have needed a third Stinger for the Apache either, unless the second misses.

Harriers certainly give off flares, Plenty of times I've been close to a stationary harrier with a clear LoS only for it to spear off at the last minute, totally missing due to flares.

The harriers do deply flares in the MP game, seen it with my own two eyes; I also see the swivelling gun turret mounted on the chin of the harrier; this game isnt terribly true to life, I'll say that much for sure.

Oh, and it only takes one, repeat one Javelin missle to down an AC-130 :) ( in hardcore team death match at any rate).

Are you guys all playing on the PC? I've got it for the XBox 360 and I've NEVER seen a Harrier deploy flares. Like I said before, I'm forever shooting down planes and choppers, and in all the times I've shot down Harriers, I've missed three times, twice because I was directly beneath it and the missile just went straight up, never to be seen again, and the third because the Harrier left the field the second I fired.

Are you guys all playing on the PC? I've got it for the XBox 360 and I've NEVER seen a Harrier deploy flares. Like I said before, I'm forever shooting down planes and choppers, and in all the times I've shot down Harriers, I've missed three times, twice because I was directly beneath it and the missile just went straight up, never to be seen again, and the third because the Harrier left the field the second I fired.

I am on the PC yeah, I tried the 360 version the other day and I've totally lost my controller coordination, not to mention the autoaim kept hindering me because I wasn't expecting it, trying to line up a shot then some other guy runs through my sights and it drags them off with him, no thanks.

ANyways, I am 100% certain I've seen harrier flares, they VERY rarely do anything, due to how low the harrier sits in the air.

Anyone ever get a tactical nuke from an emergency airdrop or an airdrop in general?

It's not possible, it's already a joke that you can get ac130/cg from care packages, giving people a game-ending killstreak for 4 kills, or potentially 3, would be game-breaking.

Archived