Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does a toy bother you guys so much?

Lulz.

see: Airsoft.

Anyways those "NVG's" will be *albartroth*. They will break. Kids who went "WHOAS NVG!!1eleventyshift!!1!" will BAWW because their precious goggles am borked.

Fun. Ill just have the standard game thanks. :)

I might have to buy the full set just for re-sale value when i get bored im sure i could make my money back on ebay. But the NV set seems just like those eyeclops goggles to me and it also appears to have an IR illuminator on the left hand side of the goggles similer to the pvs setup or its just a dummy (pictures on amazon US). But i hadnt considered the fact that peeps will not only see me as if i was using a normal torch through there NV but they will be aiming at my head.

Not necessarily. And you knew I meant for gaming.

I spent a small fortune on a heavily upgrade XPS, but some reason I prefer playing Modern Warefare on my 360. Probably cause its hooked up to a 50" plasma and I love xbox live! Plus I live in MIcrsoft land so my opinion is heavily biased :P

Yup. I've never owned a games console, but I find aiming accurately with an analog stick really dfficult, especially if it's a moving target (I know it gets easier with practice).

But aiming with a mouse is so intuitive and easy it's impossible to beat. And there are so many buttons on a keyboard that games can be more complex ( = better (mostly)) than their console counterparts.

But somehow PC gaming doesn't capture the imagination (and wallets) of millions like consoles do. Probably because consoles are very user-friendly - running a PC can be fraught with errors and difficulties. (Mac, Linux etc. users no comment please)

Stu.

You guys fail.

The ultimate control system, of course, was already perfected in most arcade cabinets of the 1980s and onwards.

8 way joystick, and 4 buttons ;)

I find it gives pretty precise control, and is more comfortable than a mouse/keyboard or controller.

Ben.

You can't get more responsive - and especially accurate - than a mouse. Joysticks have so little movement themselves and so much range to cover on screen (poor ratio).

You need auto-aim to match most mouse users in games like CoD4.

Mouse = win. :P

How is it that pilots fly their aircraft, again?

With mouse and keyboard?

:P

0wn3d.

Nothing can compare to the joystick/buttons configuration. There's a smoothness to it that a clunky keyboard and mouse can't achieve.

Although, saying that, I suppose it depends on the genre, but to be honest, I'd take an arcade controller over a keyboard and mouse any day. If you work with it, it can be precise. It might not be as idiot-friendly as a keyboard and mouse, and it does take practice.

Also, I turn auto-aim off in every game that offers the option. I don't need the computer making decisions for me, and even though the XBox 360 joysticks aren't as nice as arcade units, you can get some nice fluidity out of them.

Ben.

How is it that pilots fly their aircraft, again?

With mouse and keyboard?

:P

They fly aircraft with Joystick or HOTAS config, sure. But come on, that's flying an aircraft, not jockeying a little crosshair around on a screen.

Oh, and most modern combat aircraft 'pickle' their targets...

...with

...keys....

:rolleyes:

Archived