Escape and Evade bag

Billy Bob the Sniper

Call it what you want but I am setting up one. Do any of yall have them? Its just a bag you have ready at all times incase you need to grab it and leave your house/car/work place in a hurry. It keeps you from scrambling to get stuff. Most bags have about 3 days worth of 'stuff' to keep you alive.

I am using a EI Escape and evade bag in khaki.

My list currently is:

-Surefire Z2

-Bigger flashlight(still looking for a good one)

-Extra bulb and batteries

-Chemlight(x2)

-24/7 Strobe light

-Pocket knife

-Fixed blade knife

-Folding saw

-Leatherman

-Lighter(x2)

-Flint and striker

-Waterproof matches(x20)

-Med kit-Trauma/Boo Boo

-Sewing kit

-Hygiene- Tooth brush/paste, Hand sanitizer, clippers, chap stick, Dental floss

-2 1911 mags, 14 HP’s, 14 shot shell, 30 FMJ

-6 20g shells, 4 20g slugs, 6 12g shells

-40 .22 rounds

-Scissors

-80’ of 550 cord

-Safety pins(x10)

-Zip ties

-Duct tape

-E tape

-Mirror

-Whistle

-Flare(x3)

-Pen

-Sharpie

-Paint pen

-Space blanket(x3)

-Stripped MRE’s (x3)

-Power bars(x3)

-One nelgene bottle

-Water purification tablets (enough for 20L)

-$100 in cash

-Two zip lock freezer bags

-Compass

-GPS

-Ear plugs(x2)

-GA map

-Notepad with important numbers and info already written in it

-Hand warmers(x4)

Now I dont have my bag yet so I cant see if I have to much or what ever but if need be I can condense it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhh...why would anyone need such a thing? This looks like survivalist claptrap to me.

The world is not gonna end tomorrow...

---

Sorry, just realised...school holidays are here again (although I believe they have been in america for some time now). Normal service will be resumed...

I am not one of those people just sitting and waiting and crazy about the world coming to a end.

They are also use full for any storms or really any thing you have to leave your house in a hurry, also good to have it in your car in case you need to bandage some one up, you get broke down far far away from any thing, Also I do alot of backpacking/camping so its very nice to have in those situations.

Stealth, I have though about getting one of those prepaid things, but I am not that crazy... yet. I am going to add a little 2 way radio with AM/FM.

I am not one of those people just sitting and waiting and crazy about the world coming to a end.

They are also use full for any storms or really any thing you have to leave your house in a hurry, also good to have it in your car in case you need to bandage some one up, you get broke down far far away from any thing, Also I do alot of backpacking/camping so its very nice to have in those situations.

Stealth, I have though about getting one of those prepaid things, but I am not that crazy... yet. I am going to add a little 2 way radio with AM/FM.

If you are in tornado alley or something, I can see the point in a survival bag in case you need to evacuate but...an M1911 FFS? Hint: tornados generally aren't armed.

Sounds generally like something someone would prepare if they want to show off how big their ego/manliness is.

Uhh...why would anyone need such a thing? This looks like survivalist claptrap to me.

it aint that bad.

I don't really envisage ever going on the run from a crack squad of corrupt SAS troops hell-bent on revenge because I bullied one of them at school but there ARE times when such a thing can be handy.

For example, a couple of years ago the missus had a burst appendix and I ended up spending 4 days living out of my car in a Dumfries hospital car park.

It might've been hand to have a change of skids, some food and a phone in a bag ready to go.

Equally, there's been times when I've just arrived at places after the shops are shut so it'd be handy to have some basics in the boot of the car.

Then there's obvious cases like if you're driving in bad weather etc.

TBH, I don't think a lot of the stuff in that list is required normally.

I mean, if you have the bag at home or in your car while you're travelling to work you're unlikely to end up in a situation where you need maps or a GPS but, hey-ho. If there's room in the bag, go nuts.

*EDIT*

Although, after looking at the OP's profile, I gotta ask what a 15 year old is doing talking about live ammo.

I thought the whole point of it was you'll never quite know what's going to happen, so pack one or two helpful items for every concievable eventuality?

Zombie attack - 1911 mags and shotgun shells.

World War 3 - GPS, map, water.

Etc.

Of course, some overlap, and some are never going to happen, so I see how it could be a little OTT...

Ben.

*EDIT*

Although, after looking at the OP's profile, I gotta ask what a 15 year old is doing talking about live ammo.

Hence my comment about school holidays ;)

As I said, an outdoors bag can be handy in case youre stranded somewhere. But the OP seems a little loony.

How about a couple changes of clothes too? I know there's been times when having another set of clothes on me would've been mighty helpful.

If you are in tornado alley or something, I can see the point in a survival bag in case you need to evacuate but...an M1911 FFS? Hint: tornados generally aren't armed.

Looters could be.

i think the bug out bag is a great idea, except i would probly put some more fieldcraft items in there. I read alot about survival techniques and general stuff like that as a hobby. I have done some survival courses aswell.

i wouldnt keep it in your car though if its going to include ammo and possibly guns, infact guns arent really important. Less knifes aswell,

and if you really are taking it seriously;

a satellite phone not a mobile phone, in the event of any disaster or major incident the phones lines will be going crazy, mobile use may fail (antenas destroyed), out of coverage ect.

and really important; fishing kit , with lots of line for snares and shelter building aswell

some kind of fold up water containers, tinder , hexi block and cooker.

a bandana (really usefull in survival situations)

another great item is a general pocket guide book, one really good one is called "SAS survival guide", not at all to do with the SAS, excpet its written by ex SAS , but lots of handy tips and general advice, information on the worlds plants, animals, first aid and water/food gathering techniques should be included in any good guide . Even if you are trained in survival techniques its good to have it written down.

some other items to consider are;

A parang or small axe with sharpening stone and sheath- better than any folding saw!

some of those emergency plastic macs

glue

antibiotics

ziplock bags

condoms

puncture repair kit

salt tablets

edit* OH and a survival bag

*EDIT*

Or matches...

Another thing I'd add is a light sleeping bag and/or a small tarpaulin for a makeshift tent if you need to sleep in the wet.

A 15 year old won't be though, regardless.

I can posses a gun, no hand gun(kinda... theres a few places I can) but I am going to have the ammo for my 1911. And if SHTF I will. <_< Also the live ammo thing, I have had guns since I can remember I have a 1911 on the table next to me right now. The ammo is just another thing, if you dont have it you cant use it. Hopefully I will NEVER have to use the bag but I will hopefully be prepared if I do.

The bag is smallish, so I have all my backpacking stuff on a shelf where I can easily grab it if need be. (sleeping bag, tent, mat, ENO hammock, MSR stove, and a few other stuff)

But you can rig up a lean to with two space blankets, using the 550 cord and Etape.

I will add a fishing/trapping kit that is a good idea. The ammo is 'just there' in case. I had glue but I took it off... Maby I should toss in my little bottle of gorilla glue.

And Guzzi: I have been meaning to build one for a while now and since I have a break from work I can start it. I havent been sitting at home all summer thinking of topics to post on Arnies.

I don't really see this as such a bad thing, seeing how my father has one too, just incase our family needs to leave the house for some reason in a hurry.

We have a Diplomat 3 day bag that sits in a closet in my parent's room.

From what I can remember, here's the list of things in the bag

First Aid(Bandages, Quik-Clot, Roller Gauze, Ace Bandages, etc)

Dry, long lasting food(3 MRE's, Nuts, Beef Jerky, etc)

A Leatherman, and a Gerber

Surefires

Compass, and Maps

Deck of Cards

A small handheld crank radio

Water purification tabs

Waterproof matches and easy-lit small packet of tinder

Ducktape

20 Rounds of 9 milly (Glock 26 kept elsewhere)

I have a medium ALICE rucksack packed with a few days worth of things. Includes the same type of items everyone else has listed here.

Katrina was all the evidence i needed

On a side note Billy, Superglue and DermaBond are different chemically in that the latter is "safer" to use on people but for $3 a bottle for krazy glue vs $50 or more for dermabond i stick with krazy glue as well.

Rather than condoms you could pick up a pack of baby formula bags/bottle liners. Holds a good amount of water, it's small when rolled up, can be sealed and no psychological or homophobial issues of drinking out of something meant to go over a man's cock instead drinking from something meant to hold something from a boobie.

Oven bags(for turkeys and things) work well also and are much larger along with being much more durable(to withstand being in a oven). Just cut it down to whatever size you need and fold it up(folds up small).

Rather than a nelgene bottle you might try a single walled stainless steel bottle, no BPH fluff and you can cook with it.

mosin nagant

500 rounds of 7.62x54r

sks

800 rounds of 7.62x39

boomstick

400 shells of 12ga

12 grandfather clocks

butane torch

purification tablets

super glue

duct tape

100' para cord

edit:

cigars

oh yeah

WD-40

KFC coupons

a satellite phone not a mobile phone, in the event of any disaster or major incident the phones lines will be going crazy, mobile use may fail (antenas destroyed), out of coverage ect.

I think you need to balance what's ideal with what's practical.

Are you really going to pay for a satellite subscription year after year on the remote chance you might one day need to use it?

Conversely, for 99% of situations where civilisation doesn't end a cheap pay-as-you-go phone would be perfectly adequate.

I must admit I have been thinking of putting something together recently just incase it kicks off over here. I know it's calm at the moment and nothing has happened in a while but it doesn't hurt to be a little prepared to get the hell out of Dodge, does it?

Archived