Beretta Picture Thread

woah you should really edit your post and resize the pics, they are huuuuuuge..

its easy enough on imageshack.

on another note, sorry i cant help you disassemble your gun..

Done seconds after I posted it, soon as I saw it I realized I'd bodged Photobucket's settings. Sorry about that.

As to Hitman no. 2, thanks. I'll check out the local Canadian Tire.

My second Cougar shipped yesterday evening, should be here early next week.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first attempt at ever working with wood, so its pretty rough...

Base gun, HFC M190, wood, some 1x4 I found...

Also, got the pics resized, I forgot to check the resize box on imageshack :unsure:

Thanks for the advice, I plan on making another pair that will have better wood as well as more contoured to the gun.

m9leftvh6.jpg

m9overallwh9.jpg

m9rightsc3.jpg

Edited by Matthias

yep, definately in need of some filing.

1) look at the original grips and note all the original curves etc.. make sure the wood doesn't get too thin towards the edge.

2) file the base off, those bits hanging off the frame look unsightly and could snag and snap the wood.

3) file around all edges to give smooth even curves/defined corners.

4) chamfer (?) the top of the grip screw holes to cover the rough appearance.

5) go over the entire thing with wet'n'dry.

6) please learn to resize pictures, I'm looking at this on a 1680 x 1050 Widescreen and the images are still gigantic.

--

edit - I also get the feeling you didn't measure at all, since in some sections the mechanism is showing, and the grips do not cover the sides of the frame.

Let this be a lesson to you, measuring everything up sounds boring, and you always think you can save time and effort by skipping it, but you will always end up with an inferior product if you do not know the right dimensions and the correct shape.

Edited by hardboiledcop

Yeah, I tried tracing my old grips but that didnt come out the way I wanted because of that dumb little thing that sticks out the bottom lol. What I think I will do is trace these out on paper, then make the neccassary adjustments so I can put it perfectly with the rest of the gun as well as get some decent wood.

Yeah, just used body filler on the trades, sanded it flush with the rest of the slide, then sprayed. (after stripping and sanding the rest of the slide obviously). I'm a bit worried about the longevity of the finish, but I'm reluctant to give it a clearcoat in case it makes it shiny.

Hadn't thought of doing the recoil rod, I'll get that done tomorrow!

Cheers,

Graham

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaah.

Finally got the Beretta I've been posting about for ages, but never received.

Pictures-

DualCougars003.jpg

DualCougars002.jpg

DualCougars001.jpg

Don't mind the getup, just got back from something formal.

DualCougars007.jpg

Guns-

dual Western Arms Beretta Cougars, one of which is outfitted with a flow-restrictor and a homemade hammer spring upgrade. The other shall have both fitted shortly, soon as I can find the appropriate allen key.

Here is my White Tac Master. Sadly the Clear coat i used was *beep* and the slide has gone a horrible yellow/white so it needs to be redone. Also paint on rubber grips was not a good idea so these we will be rersprayed onto some plastic grips.

Although might go for a diff colour scheme.

dscf0555bx5.jpg