FAMAS Picture Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whey! The old thread has been revived!

And I just ordered some more milliput and krylon........

Oh and a tip. Shotguns are too long for the underside of a SV without extensive work.

Another tip, King Arms VN midcaps are rubbish and don't like to feed.

So we move onto another mag solution

Any ideas for something crazy? I'm tempted to see if the Type 89 mags look good, but thats just not crazy.

angel wings, good to see you back in here. i was looking through all the pages of this thread for pictures of your gun but theyre gone! do post more, i need inspiration.

and as far as mags go, i thought about cuting famas hicaps in half, then they would resemble the VN mags but would definetly fit more easily.

Joe: What do you mean by 'correct'? Last time I checked the RS Famas with an M203 just looked strange!

Ok so I got bored today (Bloody exams.)

So its still in a mid paint-job/sanding phase.

But yea anyway, people want photos.

Any ideas for a sling swivel on the front end? I just realised I need one, and I sold my SV ones a while back.

Also any ideas for painting the thing? I'm trying to get a bit of a sci-fi look out of the thing (Well it is to go with a browncoats inspired load-out!)

As you can see, I've decided a but gray line is very sci-fi! :P

Wings :detective2:

EDIT: I forgot to add the photo :huh:

EDIT2: Oh excuse the rubbish photo quality too! It seems to happen when I convert the format to post it (note to self, FIX!)

Edited by angel_wings

Definitely a Fair point on the "Spray-Paint attack" I've probably put more paint than there is plastic on that Famas now due to me not being happy and sanding another bit off! And some of the bits that where painted due to me being in a rush...well it doesn't bare thinking about.

If anyone is going to paint their Famas, TAKE YOUR TIME. Fact. ;)

Still not sure about that gray bit however (it needs re-doing anyway, the front isn't quite straight)

Also has anyone got a picture (or just info) on the trademarks above the magwell on a Famas? I'm thinking of cutting some in (or possibly just inventing some, Sci-fi load-out: Pulse Ammo anyone?)

eotech replica or AP replica... will look teh sechs ;) or a long range scope like a 3-9 40mm scope....

i had a scope on my last famas, it was cool:

customfamas010.jpg

^but at 330 fps it was just impractical.

eotech replica... maybe. doubt it tho. Aimpoint seems alright but I had an Ncstar reddot sight and that wasnt so great. are they anything like that?

and thanks for the compliments guys.

Sorry for a double post, but this isn't exactly the most active thread on these forums, and I finally got around to buying an M16 VN mag:

famasshortrk9.jpg

Sort of a bad angle on the gun to see the mag, but here is a size comparison:

MagComparison.jpg

From left to right: M16 std mag, M16 std, FAMAS std, M16VN.

Edited by dismemberd