Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

Yeah, thanks. I hope it's a lemon too. I'm always looking forward to getting lemons :P

The play between upper and lower can be fixed with a spacer at the front body pin. The selector, no clue. It seems to be on the inside, so I'm not going to bother to try and fix it, it might get worse :/

Don't worry about it, there's a decent chance yours will be fine. I have a history of getting lemons.

Edited by j3T
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a few seconds here before I get an imprint, is that normal?

It just depends on the heat of your soldering iron. If you get yours really hot it'll make the mark pretty easily but you can burn your rail cover. Although, that pertains to FDE rail covers, not black ones. :)

Either way, good job j3T :)

Between upper and lower receiver. The upper is kind of wonky, it can be moved quite a bit. And the fire selector on the right hangs loose, no matter how thight you turn the screw.

That happens on my Star MBK as well. Just cut some thin strips of electrical tape and put it on the upper receiver/where it meets the lower. Basically you're "shimming" the two until the wobble's gone. I only had to use 2 layers before the wobbling stopped.

Hispeed1 : Yup, just modded a soldering iron tip. I like it better than using a dremel to make patterns. Using the dremel removes material and possibly weakens the overall structure, whereas using the soldering iron tip simply displaces the material and leaves the piece VERY strong.

VFC SR15. It's kind of wobly but whatever, I intend to actually use this one soon so I suppose it doesn't matter much. Tried some of that stippling too. Not as good as some others here but I was loosing my patience with it. It's easy, but it take so damn long to put a dot on it... Might be my (20 years old) soldering iron though. It takes a few seconds here before I get an imprint, is that normal?

That looks awesome! Is that the new VFC Combat Master? Apparently VFC deliberately called it that after Chris Costa. lol

Regarding the stippling, once my soldering iron gets hot enough, it takes about a second at most to get the imprint. Any longer and I might go through the panel. I'm also not trying to get the deepest impressions, just enough to create a texture (probably about the same depth as yours). Yours will probably give you the same degree of grip as mine. To avoid too much uniformity in the pattern I would go back over some of the dots randomly ... I imagine that you didn't because it took so dang long just to make the dots that you initially made.

That SR15 looks good man, I have heard from 2 people that their RS upper's on their SR15's have a bit of play, IDK if VFC was letting Knight Armament lead by example or what. As far as the selector goes, I wonder how it will compare to my VFC KAC PDW's selector switch. I have been taking a good look into the SR15 by VFC, but I am still unconvinced. (I just payed for a classic Army LWRC M6A2 in FDE).

Now to decide...... VFC SR15 or KWA SR10 ...... :(

What I like about the Magpul AFG is that it seems to be the perfect compromise between gripping the rail itself (which is more weapon controllable but not as comfortable) and having a pistol grip style VFG which is less controllable but the most comfortable (ergonomically speaking). Mine ones should be here any day now.

fiddlesticks4220: curious to know how you got a FDE M6A2. I've been considering one myself.