Your most epic fail purchase

Ecthelion

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KSC Glock 23F, damn thing fired half of it's rocket valve out the barrel after 50 rounds. Got a METAL replacement, THEN, the frigging slide cracks on one side so it randomly throws it's slide away.

It's been sitting in a gun case in disgrace ever since.

haha, I like this thread....

WE KAC PDW closed boltwaggle.gif

I was soooooo excited about this gun and when i finally received it and put the first mag in; the bolt would lock back on EVERY shot, sometimes drain all the gas out and then eventually stop firing. I ended up selling it an extremely CUT rate to someone who could give it a good home because I just wanted to start over with something new.

If I get another PDW, it will be the GHK.

If i get another WE, it will be the M14.

R85A1.

If you meant Army Armaments R85 - SNAP!

Fouth generation. Supposedly the 'best yet'. :rolleyes:

I never had a single full days skirmishing with the ruddy thing. Cost me £180. I've spent a futher £95-ish on repairs. A futher £30 on postage and servicing. Which is why it is now my emergency-emergency reserve gun, brought out only when there is absolutely no chance of me using another/a mates gun.

The same problems happened to a G&G L85A1 I got too (but I've since sold it for scrap. I bought it on the cheap, so I'm not too supprised by that)

Dragonred AN/PRC-148 gen. 3

The shell, wires, connectors and blade antenna are all top notch.

PTT is chineese plastic ######, didn't break yet but i wouldn't trust it a second.

And the radio itself is pretty much a scam - yes, it works, but with 0.1W output power you are basically reduced to listening and bragging to friends about your $350 LPD receiver. I had thoughts about just mounting some god tier Yaesu inside the PRC shell, but never got to it.

Looks very cool though.

Also had HurricanE 416 (kit, base gun - marui m4a1). Very nice, but was too front-heavy for me.

G&P Magpul MUR receiver and a G&P Defender front set. The rail would not fit the receiver as the back mount wouldn't tighten down and then it would proceed to wobble like jiggly puff.

Yet as soon as it was put on a friends non MUR style G&P receiver it fit fine.

KSC Glock 19. Worked fine for about a day, then suddenly decided to vent its' gas every time I so much as looked at the trigger. Changed the mag, same thing. Slide stopped cycling properly and just having it around became something of an irritation. Absolute P.O.S.

I offloaded it to my mate soon after, who has still got it - 4 years later - and can't get rid of it for love nor money. Sux4himlolz.

• 2 weeks later...

first gen KWA M4. Went to my first game with it and it ran great, came home put it away for 2 weeks. New game came up so i tested the gun for a few rounds...bad idea. The Anti reversal latch failed and the axial bent and broke while in full auto, which then sent a ton metal around the GB shreading eveything up. Sold the exterior bits to get an cyma aims...been in love ever since.

KSC HK53.

Jaw-droppingly gorgeous to look at, the finish on the mags is a work of art. took it out of the box, bombed up and took it out into the back yard. Destroyed a gear before the mag emptied; which is not to say I wasn't firing for a long time; about 75% of the shots were dry. Replaced the gear. Took it skirmishing a couple of times. still not feeding reliably Heard the JLS mags were more reliable. maybe they are but they won't fit. Still got 12 of them and the '53 in bits; gear went again as well as the teeth on the piston. I hide it in the attic now. Pretty or not I can't bear to look at it.

Bought one of the first Eotech copies that Gunner airsoft was selling.

With taxes, the price ended up around 200 usd, so i was hoping for something usefull.

Guess i was disapointet when i found out that the sight was not adjustable one way, so afterwards i could sell the thing for 20 usd...

My first replica: a G&G GR300 short

-I couldnt finished a whole highcap, before it stopped shooting on semi.

-Second skirmish the motor broke

-5th skirmish the trigger broke inside the gearbox

It was hard to get rid of and lost half of its value in the process.

Then I bought an ICS M4, which never let me down in 3 years, WIN!

446 Radio, but the wrong type from Ebay. Its still at my mates house 2 years on and apparently illegal to use in the uk... My first first airsoft gun was a plastic M4 (BOYA?) it made the right noises but is the cheapest thing I've ever seen.

Oh, I brought a FAMAS and 4 highcaps for £90, does that count? Yes, I still have it, its the backup\loaner :P

Archived