M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually the m14 was to be the main assault rifle. but the large amaounts of recoil in full auto limited this ability. so the army had a bill put out for a new assault rifle. Stoner designed the AR15. then soldier proofed it with the M16. than the M16a1 and the modern M16a2. now they come standard with RIS in the M16a4 USMC role.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as15-e.htm

Read the caption under the 3rd picture.

yes. that one is. but notice the 3rd pic. it has folding foregrip and heavy bipod. Trust me. I have chated with the US arsenal expert arlington from the US arsenal Museum. It was also note modedfied to that state untill after the replacement of the m14 with the m16 in viet nam

Edited by Krazy L
yes. that one is. but notice the 3rd pic. it has folding foregrip and heavy bipod. Trust me. I have chated with the US arsenal expert arlington from the US arsenal Museum. It was  also note modedfied to that state untill after the replacement of the m14 with the m16 in viet nam

:blink:

I think you're missing something. Look at Selfexiled's post. He quoted someone's picture. It's an M14 with a bipod, folding foregrip and pistol grip. Trust me :D .

Edited by Tripod
:blink:

I think you're missing something.  Look at Selfexiled's post.  He quoted someone's picture.  It's an M14 with a bipod, folding foregrip and pistol grip.  Trust me  :D .

He quoted my pic (M14E2/A1). :D

My M14E2 is modeled after that 3rd pic you called out. I believe the M14 was the "main assault rifle" up to FY 1963 (year the gov't dropped the contract). The M14E2 was delivered late 1964. As I said on page 1 of this thread, it was primarily issued to ARVN units who did not have M60's. M14E2's were also used by LRRP as both SAW and sniper role as it can chamber both match grade and duplex ammunition.

Cheers fella! Really was an excellent day all round. I don't know how we managed to hold you all back at the hill with all that long grass. I hope I didn't do you too much damage! I found a nice line of "bullet holes" on my left leg when I got home, someone got me good and proper but strangely it didn't hurt so I'd forgotten about it.

:D

While this is technically a bump, something new to add, King Arms now as a scope mount out that fits both marui and g&g guns, however surprisingly enough the Marui M14 also fits real steel mounts to a degree. I went about trying to mount a real ARMS 18 mount to my M14, it fits like a glove on first look, but there's one catch, the hole in the receiver that marui used is slightly smaller than the real thread size of the M1A/M14/M21/M25s so I had to re-tap the hole to allow the real bolt to grab on.

DSC00028.jpg

Also the fit of the piece that slides into the notch before the rear sight assembly is a damn tight fit, a hammer and a little bit of force got it into place, combined with a safe bit of loctite I'm certain that unless I take a sledge hammer to the scope it shouldn't be going anywhere. Excuse the Eotech, that's just on there for the time being till I mount my tactical scope.

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Thanks, now the debate, after I get a leupold tactical scope and arms rings all mounted, should I camo this baby or leave it OD?

I'm gonna snag a wood stock whenever someone like Guarder or whatnot make one, but a camo scheme? yay/nay?

Thanks, now the debate, after I get a leupold tactical scope and arms rings all mounted, should I camo this baby or leave it OD?

I'm gonna snag a wood stock whenever someone like Guarder or whatnot make one, but a camo scheme? yay/nay?

Nay!! looks fine just like it is.

The EOtech looks real nice on there too. Can you still use the irons with that mount?

Edited by sp00n

sp00n, no mounts that I know of all for the iron sights, mainly due to how close they are to the barrel, they're about level to the ridge that runs down the center of the mount, so you can still see the sights, but as soon as ANY other mount is placed on there they become blocked.

I'm hoping I get my order sorted out with Cabelas pretty soon so that I get me Leupold Tactical and my ARMS rings before the end of the week or soon after. As you can tell I'm not one for replica optics, much to my wallets dismay. The eotech is really nice, but It feels a bit too high on the M14 for my tastes.

Titleist,

splendid work and gorgeous M14. Just ordered mine.

Now onto the stock.

Wood is a must, I'm checking how hard it would be to fit a real one, modded. As you said, we'll also see what the market will come up with for TMs.

As for the camo paint on the resin stocks, since you'll be getting wood, I'd say "yay" all the way :)

Also the fit of the piece that slides into the notch before the rear sight assembly is a damn tight fit, a hammer and a little bit of force got it into place, combined with a safe bit of loctite I'm certain that unless I take a sledge hammer to the scope it shouldn't be going anywhere. Excuse the Eotech, that's just on there for the time being till I mount my tactical scope.

Not sure about your, but i also had problem fitting the sliding piece of the King Arms scope mount to the M14, but in the end i found that if you slide it in from the right hand side, it will go in with no problem at all (dont forget to take the rail off first thus... ;);) )...hope this help if anyone it getting the King Arms M14 Scope Mount Base... :):):)

gallery_4416_85_504804.jpg

and here is my baby...hehe :D:D:D

Edited by Maz