M14 Picture Thread

I got mine from CDNN Sports, but there's many places to buy them. Just google 'M14 handguard'. At CSNN don't expect a brand new black one, it's random what you'll get (black or brown, new or used), but they're good people to deal with. As far as I know the black ones aren't being made anymore, so it's more likely you'll get brown.

There's always Krylon.

Nerrrg! they don't ship outside the US. $8 is really cheap too.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The real M14 is 44.14 inches

TM is 44.4 inches

G&G is 44 inches

So neither are exact, I think you mean the SOC16 is a few inches shorter.

My TM M14 measured 44.25 inches (rough estimate, used a yard stick) and the real steel heatshield went in with no modification and is secured very nicely with no wobble.

No, I dont mean the SOC16, I know the different models of airsoft M14's and most of the real M14's.

Redwolf says that the G&G is 44.09inches long, the TM M14 according to Redwolf is 44.37 inches, and Springfield Armory, the maker of M14's and M1A's (and whom the trades on the TM M14 are from) says 44 1/3 inches thats 44.33 inches, in which case TM is slightly larger and G&G is almost a quarter of an inch shorter.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Ya I just realized that, i'm looking at the WGC website. I really wanna do that once I get my M14.

EDIT: would the G&G Selector Connecting Rod for M14 and G&G Trigger Connecting Rod for M14 be compatible with the TM?

I read yesterday in the technical discussion section about these parts in a TM that wear down. Just read: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=68702

Edited by trfo2o
Ya I just realized that, i'm looking at the WGC website.  I really wanna do that once I get my M14.

EDIT: would the G&G Selector Connecting Rod for M14 and G&G Trigger Connecting Rod for M14 be compatible with the TM? 

I read yesterday in the technical discussion section about these parts in a TM that wear down.  Just read: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=68702

Dont get your hopes up, The only things compatable between the two are the Piston/piston head and other standard gearbox parts. Everything else is different. That part being discussed only wears down if your using an extremely high powered spring, such as an M130+ My M120 hasent caused any issues for me yet on single so maybe it sjust a rare case?

Dont get your hopes up,  The only things compatable between the two are the Piston/piston head and other standard gearbox parts.  Everything else is different.  That part being discussed only wears down if your using an extremely high powered spring, such as an M130+  My M120 hasent caused any issues for me yet on single so maybe it sjust a rare case?

ya hmm that sucks, I really want to be running a high power spring once I get my M-14 though, darn. Maybe i'll just stick with an SP120

For the TM M14 at least, any silencer with 14mm CCW threads will work. Which one is entirely up to you. However, you lose the front sight since the front sight and flash hider are one piece.

what "new" hop up?

The Hop Up on the TM M14 is a V hop up, that means that on the arm that touches the rubber, there are 2 prongs that stick out. This adds extra backspin giving the bb a more stable flight path without loosing as much FPS as the conventional Hop Up. Not to mention the new hop up clicks into place and stays there for an entire game.

See this site: Linky

My M14 siezed up again at the game yesterday, took it home that night and found the cursed problem... improper shimming, again. I replaced my bearings with bushings removed the bearing plate and 2 washers from the piston head and I'm praying she's not shooting over US limits anymore. Reshimmed the thing put her back together, and man does she have quite the ROAAAR now :) (its a good ROAAR not a bad one)

Shankskank, Taking a TM M14 and putting it in a real M14 stock is time consuming, not difficult. The hardest part is finding a stock that will work. For the TM M14 you HAVE to have the Big Red Birch stocks (thicker rifle grip) otherwise you risk structural integrity. Fiberglass Bodies will not work unless you feel like taking a serious amount of fiberglass repair kit (Bondo) and bondoing it thicker then removing everything. Fiberglass isnt fun to work with in short sleeves and can leave you with the "Nettles" feeling.

Ohh, and chalk one up for another failing cut off lever on the TM M14. A person at the site I go to brought his TM M14, after upgrading to US limits he lost his single shot option. Maybe I just dont use Single that much for it to matter. When I took my gun apart yesterday there didnt seem to be any abnormal wear.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Can you ask him if he was using the guarder gears?

Also has anyone else noticed it with guarder gears?

Just wondering because I've stuck some in my m14 just recently, however if it's a good idea to keep the originals then I'll swap back before the cut off lever dies.

Or I could just get FarEast to order some replacements.

Can you ask him if he was using the guarder gears?

Also has anyone else noticed it with guarder gears?

Just wondering because I've stuck some in my m14 just recently, however if it's a good idea to keep the originals then I'll swap back before the cut off lever dies.

Or I could just get FarEast to order some replacements.

Not sure if I can raise him on our forums as I will be out of town till next saturday night. IIRC he was using Guarder Gears with his. The guy from the original post was using guarder gears I believe. From personal experience the Guarder gears havent caused any trouble here, but like I said I take 3 round bursts at people since a few dont always call themselves out on the first hit. Your best option is that If it breaks, order a new one through FarEast if he doesnt mind.

doesnt it take a lot of work to fit an m14 into a real m14 stock?

I think he meant a stock made of real wood, like the CAW stocks. Not a real M14 stock. It'll probably be a fair bit heavier, seeing as wood is heavier than plastic.

davedawg123 really wanted me to post some pics of this setup, well here ya go:

EBR_mk4_1.jpg

Is that a conversion kit? Or can you buy that? It looks good, sort of tempts me to get another M14 and do that to it :)