M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah its just the look of the gearbox that is scary. Once you start taking it apart you realize how all the parts work in relation to each other. Just make sure you get separate compartments to put all the little bits in so you know what goes where and dont get all the parts mixed up/lost.

When you get into the gearbox its very easy to work on as there is no wires, switch block or semi auto cut off lever to worry about like on other gearboxs.

If you do decide to take it apart good luck and im more than willing to help if you get stuck.

Well its either order the parts and try to put it together myself or pay 45+ dollars to get it upgraded. I think im going to try it, its good practice anyway. Now I just have to figure out which one to break first, my P226 installing a metal frame or my M14 trying to upgrade it. :rolleyes:

Wootsauce...

Upgraded with:

1) G&P Super Torque Spur Gear

2) Prometheus M*** spring

3) G&P Metal Spring Guide

4) Prometheus Metal bushings

5) Prometheus Hard Reversal Stop Latch

6) Systema shims

7) Real steel handguard

8 ) King Arms low scope mount

Where did you get the real steel handguard from?

Well since I'm still trying to get my M14 working (missing tappet plate spring- although I have sourced one from my local hardware store that may have to do as no airsoft retailer has even heard of Ver. 7 tappet plate springs), I was wondering just how big of an advantage the M14 has over other AEG's? Mine is fairly heavily upgraded (WAY above forum limits- check the other page with pictures of mine).

Well since I'm still trying to get my M14 working (missing tappet plate spring- although I have sourced one from my local hardware store that may have to do as no airsoft retailer has even heard of Ver. 7 tappet plate springs), I was wondering just how big of an advantage the M14 has over other AEG's? Mine is fairly heavily upgraded (WAY above forum limits- check the other page with pictures of mine).

Hey tmas,

On the missing tappet spring, you might try taking apart a click pen and using that spring/cutting it to fit. I don't own a 14 otherwise I'd check.