• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

finally got one of my own!

m14.jpg

aim point on its way! most likely gonna putty/sand the seams then respray the gun with OD krylon (probably hit the heat shield too). Overall first impression, damn great gun for the price. always loved M14s, finally in the family :)

Thanks. I am going to get a G&P Brown Cover, when/if I order it. I looked the AGM M14 that was at the game today and it looked very nice minus the Cover.

Why dont you save yourself the hassle of buying inferior plastic and buy a real one? They fist on a TM and fit on the AGM. Go to a local gunshow or look online and you can find numerous ones. I got mine for 25 bucks (with the real fiberglass stock :whistling::whistling::whistling: ) and it makes the M14 feel about 100x better then the stock one. If you cant find one in brown, buy one and spray paint it yourself, you wont regret it!

Medic I mean no offense but a silencer? That kinda counteracts the aimpoint dontcha think? :P Its plenty long as it is but with an Aimpoint i'd think you'd want it shorter? :P I like the paintjob though :)

How quiet is it with the silencer?  I've noticed M14's have a pretty noise-isolated gearbox it seems, at least in comparison to my metal-bodied AR.  I've toyed around with the idea of a QD silencer on my SOCOM, but I think I like the mini-ported flashhider too much to justify dropping it.

A lot of you really don't like using the forward rail, do you?  The first Springfield Soc16 I met had a scout-scope mounted on the forward rail, and ever since that afternoon on the range I can't think of a SOCOM without the forward mounted optics...

Steve

Its very quiet, theres pretty much no muzzel pop at all.

I cant stand the forward rail, with aimpoints it just seems too far away and the optics all seem to be mounted too high. I'm not much of a fan of the side mounted rail either, it just seems too close. Most of the time I just use the iron sights.

Medic I mean no offense but a silencer?  That kinda counteracts the aimpoint dontcha think? :P  Its plenty long as it is but with an Aimpoint i'd think you'd want it shorter? :P  I like the paintjob though :)

BAH! *in cartmans voice* I DO WHAT I WANT!

heheh thx btw :)

Why dont you save yourself the hassle of buying inferior plastic and buy a real one?  They fist on a TM and fit on the AGM.  Go to a local gunshow or look online and you can find numerous ones.  I got mine for 25 bucks (with the real fiberglass stock :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: ) and it makes the M14 feel about 100x better then the stock one.  If you cant find one in brown, buy one and spray paint it yourself, you wont regret it!

Humm... Will do. There is a gun show near me every two months or so. I will look there. For now I think I will just get a can of spray paint and paint the stock one for now.

I just sold my P90 so I should have an M14 by next week.

Long Live the M14 Brotherhood!!!

Is that a normal M14 with just a shorter barrel? Looks like something I would get as I love M14s but don't want to drag around on the extra length :)

Thats a "chop mod" where he chopped the barrel and put it back together. a Socom 16 already does this but it has a lightly different finish and a slightly different front site post.

And four days later... it's still in Minnesota. <_<

Thats a "chop mod" where he chopped the barrel and put it back together.  a Socom 16 already does this but it has a lightly different finish and a slightly different front site post.

Negative. That is a 'Bush' or 'Scout' variant of the M14. 'Chopmod' is a fairly specific term that is generally only applied to a specific modification for the classic M14, the Sage EBR. I assume that you're confusion arises from the fact that most MK14 Mod 0 EBRs have barrels similar in length to the Bush and Scout rifles.