M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any chance of some pictures with a Scope mounted on a M14 Socom? I've already got a 3-9x50 scope from my VSR-10 and I would like to know what they look like on the shorter rifle.

Thanks in advance mateys!

If you are planning on using the forward rail mount on the SOCOM with a scope, it needs to have the propper eye relief for it to function at all. Virtually all 'Scout Scopes" have the proper eye-relief for the SOCOM mount.

If you are planning on using the typical M14 side mount--mount away!

Steve

Bits box remix

PICT0333.jpg

I quite like it like this

I'm thinking of getting a VFC/King Arms QD supressor so I can go back to having a short CQB gun as well as a quiet sniperish gun. I was thinking about getting one of those sexy Mojji 30mm scopes on WGC but they cost nearly as much as the rifle so I'll probably get a Tasco clone off ebay :rolleyes: to replace the red dot.

Bits box remix

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/eva...ft/PICT0333.jpg

I quite like it like this

I'm thinking of getting a VFC/King Arms QD supressor so I can go back to having a short CQB gun as well as a quiet sniperish gun. I was thinking about getting one of those sexy Mojji 30mm scopes on WGC but they cost nearly as much as the rifle so I'll probably get a Tasco clone off ebay :rolleyes: to replace the red dot.

How quiet is it with the silencer? I've noticed M14's have a pretty noise-isolated gearbox it seems, at least in comparison to my metal-bodied AR. I've toyed around with the idea of a QD silencer on my SOCOM, but I think I like the mini-ported flashhider too much to justify dropping it.

A lot of you really don't like using the forward rail, do you? The first Springfield Soc16 I met had a scout-scope mounted on the forward rail, and ever since that afternoon on the range I can't think of a SOCOM without the forward mounted optics...

Steve

Eye Relief : 95mm - 85mm is what is written on the bumph in its box. However, its Parallax Free. Whatever that means =) Thanks for the help though =)

10cm aint gonna cut it with the forward scope mount. Would work fine with a standard side-mount though.

I think most 2 power scopes tend to have near-unlimited eye relief, and 2x is a good power for airsoft, so that might be something to consider.

Steve

Eye Relief : 95mm - 85mm is what is written on the bumph in its box. However, its Parallax Free. Whatever that means =) Thanks for the help though =)

paralax is where when you move your head the crosshairs move with it. with a paralax free scope cross hairs stay at zero no matter where your head is placed.

Un-raped Vietnam set up.

Neither of your two pictures are "raped" so why would you say that its Unraped? :P You could say "GI Clean" :) If you want to see what I mean by raped M14's go find an EBR stock on someones gun, it usually comes with the front foregrip, tac light, laser, 3-9x40 scope grenadelauncher, tactical kitchenette and a portapotty just incase you have to use the restroom :)

You guys are making me miss my M14 :(

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
Neither of your two pictures are "raped" so why would you say that its Unraped? :P  You could say "GI Clean" :)  If you want to see what I mean by raped M14's go find an EBR stock on someones gun, it usually comes with the front foregrip, tac light, laser, 3-9x40 scope grenadelauncher, tactical kitchenette and a portapotty just incase you have to use the restroom :)

You guys are making me miss my M14 :(

Ahh yes, but thats so sickening to do to an M14 its more like murder. :P