Why do Americans come to Arnies?

Phoenix

I'm American, so I was wondering what makes me and others come here to post and get airsoft news.

For me its the much more laid back atmosphere, humor (or humour)

I also enjoy the lack of overbearing Conservative bs found on most US airsoft sites. :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you like it here ;)

I've spoken to people who frequent other UK sites and they don't like having US visitors. They seem to think that it dilutes the UK atmosphere or something. :huh:

I say that it improves diversity, gives us all a different view on Airsofting matters, provides an international community, and gives us poor old UK Airsofters visibility of products that just aren't available on our fair isle. Personally I like having visitors here from around the world, and I hope you enjoy having us Brits to chat to. :D

mostly having a diverse site allows for everyone to learn the slang of other countries :blink: some of your guys' slag im really lost on lol but yah if everyone comes to one place then the chances that questions and problems are answerd is greater cuz more people can help rather than just a select few in your own country ya know

Exactly. Well, on that note, can any of our US visitors tell me what "Bear Claws" are? I have heard them mentioned on a couple of TV programmes (uh, sorry - 'programs' ;) ), and in a Weird Al Yankovic Track. These references seem to be hinting at the fact that they are some sort of food!

Is this correct, or are these just spurious references designed to be incorrect??? Inquiring minds want to know :D

the fact that ppl here are from the US, UK, or w/e doesnt matter to me, i see every1 the same and just like the general atmosphere.

good site, keep up the good work ^_^

PS: i dont think all US sites suck, Classic Airsoft is very nice, its just that theres alot of immature, young people into airsoft in the US. and theres also the people who take it to far and like some1 said above, have a FIT when people say clip instead of mag and vice versa.

MMMMMMMM DONUTS!!!!!! bear claws are good so are apple fritters (i used to call them turtles when i was little cuz they look like a turtle shell lol) but yeah a bear claw is a donut lol and if u dont know what a donut is then we have a problem!!

The Brits seem to make a lot more sense to me than a lot of American forums. I've been to airsoftretreat once and I'll never go back, airsoft players is good for information (and most of it's American gear and M4s), but not much more than that, and there's really not a whole lot of humor on there either.

Arnie's has a good atmosphere, discuss other things besides M4s and American gear, plus I get a global perspective on airsoft, not to mention the people are a little more sensible.

I read 4 forums: Arnies, Airsoftohio, Russian Combat Gear and Red Alliance. They all share one thing in common: organization. Sometimes I read Classic Airsoft and SoCal Airsoft. SoCal Airsoft gives me a headache though, and I don't play with them although I live in SoCal sorta.

Well, as it have been said, ArniesAirsoft just is _the_ best airsoft site around at this time. Im from Finland, and we also have about 4 airsoft news site, but arnie beats them like 10 -0, coz arnie updates the site all the time and the forums are very active. The second best site there is to airsoft, is airsoftrecon, they offer very good reviews and news of maruis, new releases and so on.

Archived