Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

New Iron Airsoft kit huh....

Does the op-rop/piston thing moves or is it just decorative? Also how is the fit of the receiver, any wobble?

Looks like a nice kit, but not a fan of 416's look...

Yeah, it doesn't move but it would be a cool feature if it did. The fit on the receiver is damn good, the tolerances are pretty tight. When you take out the rear pin, for a half take down, you can feel how tight the tolerences are. The front detent pin is still really hard to get out, I can't do it with my fingers.

The only wobble that I can remember occurred when I put the Milspec ACS on the Iron buffer tube. I havent tried any other buffer tubes, but it wont take my Prime (G&P) Buffer tube. Threading is a little different for that. It looks like it would take real tubes well, though.

I love the look of 416's haha. Favorite weapon system.

I would love an SR25 or HK417 in GBBR form :(

Agreed. If there was an LMT MWS GBBR I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Oh, the awesomeness... biggrin.gif

WIP, Almost done internally, needs a few externals. Borrowed parts from my SR as the HK416 is my favorite weapon of all time. This is my new baby.

[Awesome pics]

That ain't no WE, VFC or AEG

[More awesome]

All WA all the way

;)

Any questions or comments, feel free to ask.

Looks great, Vain. Really pretty kit. What FH are you going to put on there?

^ I can dig it, nice.

Looks great, Vain. Really pretty kit. What FH are you going to put on there?

Avalon Rotex Suppressor

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=AVA-SS-ROTEX-01&search=searchItem&rs=AVA-SS-ROTEX-01

Still need $35 so I can put in my order at WGC...

Here's a quick vid for those of you interested in it:

Edited by The Vainguard

Here's a quick write up of my initial impressions so far that I wrote to my friend when he asked:

Quality is pretty good. Comes with instructions so that's good. Not too hard to put together, given you have the right tools. Retention pins are a tight fit (READ: Front rear pin is REALLY a tight fit. Still not broken in) and need some break in. Prime internals (A.K.A G&P Internals) are a good fit but uses its own proprietary selector. It comes with it and made out of steel so that's not a problem.

Prime buffer tube doesn't fit (A.K.A G&P), but other real ones should. No problem really since it comes with a buffer tube. The buffer retention pin is held in by a roll pin, so you don't have to worry about it flying out when you remove the buffer tube. I liked that except for its pretty stiff to push down and get the buffer tube. But I can still get it out so it's not a big deal.

Something I liked about the kit is that all the detentes are made of stainless steel rather than just carbon steel. I also liked that it came with a forward assist unlike Prime.

IIRC, someone said that the dust cover that comes with it doesn't fit, I wouldn't know since I put a real one on right away.

Doesn't come with Iron Sights.

Included bolt is aluminum, which is, a disappointment but understandable for the money. I'm hoping they'll make a steel one or I'll just have my own CNCed in the future.

For $320 bucks I am very satisfied. It's no Prime, but it's miles better than a G&P receiver. It's right in between, but closer to Prime in terms of quality, fit and finish. Worth every single last penny.

Can you just take a regular steel bolt carrier and cut the gas-key part short? That might not be that bad actually....

Yeah I really like Iron Airsoft's receiver. For the price you pay for them they come pretty much fully loaded and the quality is top-notch. I also like they are basically doing the niche market that the big ones tend to miss in terms of their selection....My Larue set was slightly wobbly, I put a cut-down RS Accuwedge in the lower and its solid.....it likes pretty much all the mags I have on hand and the tolerance as such are better than my WOC and it doesn't chew on the mag rubber.

Still, they make a ton of stuff but only selected few are making it out of asia, and once you have to track their stuff down from Sanko their pricing advantage disappears...

Edited by RacingManiac