G&G AK5Cesar

Noveske

Just received an update from G&G today regarding an AK5Cesar. I believe they're just hunting around for opinions at the moment. The note reads:

"Dear G&G Lovers,

To listen the lover’s voice is the best way to realize the need of market.

Please offer us your precious opinions for as following items and we will appreciate you deeply.

AEG-AK5C The picture is attached."

I don't have any other info other than a picture and that it will be an AEG. What do you guys all think? Yay or nay?

AK5Cesar.jpg

Not for me, too contrived for my liking but bravo to G&G for coming up with their own designs nicking magpul's ideas and making slightly different copies of them.

Fixed.

Seriously, after that abomination with the wannabe MOE handguards and that godforsaken stock, this is just G&G's poor attempt at an ACR. I like G&G and their diverse range, but this is just shamelessly an ACR-a-like.

My original post above was made on assumptions. I should think/research before I type uninformed rants. Derp.

Its a Bofors AK5, the Swedish issue rifle, Based on the FNC. It was first made in 1984, this version has been around since 2005, so its hard to see how G&G are pulling a poor attempt at an ACR by making a gun that's been around for 25 bloody years.

Fixed.

Seriously, after that abomination with the wannabe MOE handguards and that godforsaken stock, this is just G&G's poor attempt at an ACR. I like G&G and their diverse range, but this is just shamelessly an ACR-a-like.

Hahahahaha.... oh jeez.. :)

Something different is a good thing, so kudos to G&P, I can't see them selling much though, the market is still M16/AK led, and digging at Japanese retailers, really? they cover their home market and still care little for exports, like a local aeg for local people :P

Taiwan and China are innovating as they cater for the world, it's been that way since long before most folk started playing, whinging about it is futile, go G&G!

Its a Bofors AK5, the Swedish issue rifle, Based on the FNC. It was first made in 1984, this version has been around since 2005, so its hard to see how G&G are pulling a poor attempt at an ACR by making a gun that's been around for 25 bloody years.

Okay so I made an assumption based on G&G's magpul-esque M4 thingy and thought they were making up their own ACR-ish thing. I am, without doubt, an eejit. My bad.

Why produce such a niche weapon when people are crying out for other things?

I hate being "that WW2 guy" but jesus, when will someone bring out the standard rifles for each side?

Coming up with a wood/metal, VSR compatible, K98, Enfield, and M14 based Garand is like installing a cash dispenser in your workshop and pressing the button marked "minted".

Please tell G&G.

That's the picture of the AEG is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ak_5 scroll down to the AK5C section, or just look at the mag in the picture on this thread.

As for G&G making an airsoft version, I can't see why they wouldn't as they already make FNCs and they are just tarting one of those up but I've got to agree with Angel something with more mass market appeal like a garand AEG would make more sense as a variation.

As for niche products, G&G already make the GF76:

http://www.guay2.com/web/our_product/GF76_L.php?lang=en

and the GF85:

http://www.guay2.com/web/our_product/GF85_L.php?lang=en

Hard to imagine that they came up with these in response to an flood-like outpouring of intense demand.

If they can use a bunch of the innards and transfer them over to another gun that doesn't look the same as all the other airsoft guns out there, then all power to them. Unless that would stop them from developing something that we really want (cough... HK417), but I doubt that their business works that way.

That's the picture of the AEG is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ak_5 scroll down to the AK5C section, or just look at the mag in the picture on this thread.

As for G&G making an airsoft version, I can't see why they wouldn't as they already make FNCs and they are just tarting one of those up but I've got to agree with Angel something with more mass market appeal like a garand AEG would make more sense as a variation.

No, that's the picture G&G sent along with their email, but I guess they ripped it off from Wiki as they're still considering whether to build it or not. My guess is G&G is looking for something feasible, yet niche they can produce.

Archived