Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Don't get me wrong, I am not accusing you of being a *rickroll* or saying the P* is Wank.

Personally, as a wrenchmench, half of the fun in airsoft is building and tuning my stuff to work as well as it possibly can.

The other half is charging into an assault, picking out point targets and taking them out with accurate semi auto salvos.

To that end, I tend towards higher rates of fire to facilitate a trigger response that is as close to instant as I can get it.

Most of my aegs run at 30rps minimum, but I never use full auto unless I'm suppressing an area to help my teammates flank or encouraging a hit-dodger to get the message.

Or I'm running my RPK, but that's only doing 20ish rps for sustained auto fire.

The P* is an impressive bit of kit, if a little inefficient in terms of power in:power out, but it's expensive and in HK it's pretty much impossible to fill tanks unless you own a paintball field (there are only two AFAIK) Or a scuba shop (none of which seem willing to help).

One of my favorite projects is my old school Mp5 with the slim line grip and a full stock. Running a SRC ultra torque motor and a short stroked 13.1 set, she's doing 40rps on a 11.1v Lipo at 1.1j and I've set her to safe-semi-burst. 3rds a trigger pull takes all of 75 milliseconds and I can happily spam that trigger all day as long as I have midcaps loaded.

I'm not sure it came across but I knew you weren't saying that.

I love tinkering and fiddling but I skirmish less and less recently and what I really want is a weapon system that will just work with no fuss.

I want to play on Sunday without having to spend all day on Saturday preparing.

I used to take 4 or 5 long guns to a game, 8 to 10 mags for each, different batteries and such.

Then the gas in mag stuff with dozens of mags, I played once with 16 TMP and 11 1911 mags then missed the whole next game reloading everything.

Not to mention 16 TMP mags being worth more than my rifle and P* rig combined.

I want to get down to 1 rifle, 6 or 7 mags, 1 rubber knife, 3 dynatex 'nades and no fuss.  I can get that all on belt order.

The reason I went with P* is that I can get my preferred performance characteristics with a minimum of fuss.

The air fills is not a down side for me since I SCUBA dive and have 2 of my own cylinders, for £20 you can get a doobry that will allow you to fill a PB remote straight from a SCUBA cylinder.

The 4500psi PB tanks are 300Bar and I don't have 300Bar cylinders, I have 2*232 Bar cylinders but at 12 litres each I can fill an 800cc paintball cylinder dozens of times to 3000psi before I make a dent in my gas supply.

Hell, I can even bring a cylinder along to a skirmish and re-gas at lunch time.

If some of my mates go P* I can fill their tanks too.

Plus, I mentioned earlier, I can use the same rig for my classic stuff like my FTC MP5 SD3 aggregate.  Pretty much the second airsoft thing I owned and is still going strong 25 years later.

It's got no hop and all 80 bbs come out is one big climax in <1 second at about 200fps.

Bzzzzt, Hit! mag change.

Wasn't FK was it?

He did say 'good' so clearly it ain't me ;).

33094224_zpsfaac2f6a.jpg

'FireKnife'

There are many people on here that I would be happy to sell it to at a discount, it was priced up at a  significant loss anyway but I've had my fun out of her and she's not exactly box fresh.

FK is one, the buyer is another, I won't name him since it was by PM and he might want discretion (I haven't asked but you never know).

It sold so painlessly and quickly that I am considering selling the GL-06 and back holster.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit after the event - for obvious reasons.... but....

I GOT MARRIED!

Awesome, glad to hear that the whole allowing gay people to get married thing wasn't wasted.

Sorry I couldn't resist, congratulations anyway and good luck on keeping it a long and fulfilling one.

Finally Stunt I would show interest in the GL-06 but given that I have enough stuff already it would be an automatic pass from me sadly.

'FireKnife'

I see that Arnies is back.

Had a good Friday night where after a bad day I come home late at night to find a copy of Mario Kart 8 waiting for me to open.  Manage to catch an associate of mine playing it with his fiance and livestreaming, so we alongside a few others raced each other for a few hours.  Lots of trash talk, rants, and obscene words thrown about (not by me though).

Just have to cherish those moments.

Also, I have been bit multiple times by the "Join the PC master race" bug, but I just can't justify spending 7-8 hundred dollars, even piecemeal.  I've found a decent build, which even has a video and everything, just would have to solve how to hook it up to both the tv and the ethernet port 25 feet away, lol.  The associate mentioned above keeps taunting me with Wildstar, and folks know I watch PC gamer channels on youtube more than actual television.  Why can't I just do it?

Join us.  Enter the world of 1080p at 100fps.  Console peasants might be able to catch up in a few generations lol.

What has recently made me happy.  Had a kebab.  Wasn't drunk.  And it was actually pretty decent.

Congratulations Hedganian. How long till you start selling airsoft kit . . . . . . ;}

I've been selling airsoft kit for months to try to pay for the wedding...

Still got a mountain of gear to go through and try to move. Mostly DPM stuff, some bergans and other stuff. Also some cam netting, tents and things.

Hedganian, you'll just need to ask for the stuff your selling off as wedding gifts from those that attend. 

I remember telling my associate that he should one day have a Mario Kart wedding, before his fiance replied that she'd strangle him if he tried.

The rest of you, stop messing with my mind.  If I could get rid of that useless ps4, I could be playing all those better games.  I don't even care for the best specs, just have stuff run well.  I did find it funny how beautiful Mario Kart 8 looks, when all the other companies' current works just look bad.  Many of the tracks made me go "dang, I want a game set in this place!"

Back from the first holiday since mine and Mrs. Tinks honeymoon 5 and a half years ago. Well deserved, and was a fantastic time.

Had a good idea for a novel/ novella, so have started writing that.

Finally decided what I want to do with my life and finally have the motivation (potentially £50k's worth of savings in 4 years) to get on and bloody well do it.

To top that all off - come into some cash, and somebody's selling a GL-06 for a good price. ;)

LIFE IS BLISS. :D

EDIT:

Congrats Hedg. Hope you have a wonderful life with the now Mrs. Hedg. :)

I was looking into it as well. Not quite for me I feel, a Mk18 M203 first then maybe a GLM. XD

Got sent a bit of money to buy some new uniform, which is almost a miracle for me. Also giving up on handwashing and will use a laundrette 17 miles from where I live (near my work so not futile).

I've wanted a blooper for a while now - found some suitable 40mm-ish pipe at work which i've had for a while now, but never done anything with.

GL06's have been on my mind as of late - saw a few good deals on 'the other forum' and now i've got some cashy cashy cashy, i figure i might as well continue my trend of buying things from Stunt. (So far, TMP, i think, DSG gears, and some airsoft surgeon shotgun shells).

Hopefully Stunt will get a decent shipping quote for me, and i'll have a new toy by the weekend :D

Happy to sell it to you.

Do you want anything else?  From prior experience with you I probably have it.

Where did you go for your holiday?

What makes me happy?

If I sell the GL-06 to Tink that will be both of the things I sold this weekend going to "good homes".

Allowing me to buy the last few bits I need for my P* project.

Also Button came 4th.

Yeah!

In theory, possibly, the auto feed has a thread mode and it can be set to -ve M14x1 but I don't know if your barrel would fit through my chuck.

I'd also have to do a lot of practice runs first to be happy.  I have only ever cut a few threads.

Docv400 or one of the other talented machinists might be a better bet

Doh. The bloke who use to offer barrel retreading on ukaz, no longer does it. Just have to keep a look out for a 10" barrel with a ccw thread.

Really am loving the shotgun at the moment. Tempting me to get rid of the remaining aeg's and just go gas. Just love the noise, the Tokyo Marui M870 makes when you rack it.

Archived