Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Personally I picked a driver and team separately.. it just so happens at the moment that my driver JB drives for my team McLaren so it's all blended into one. I'm a massive fan of Raikkonen as well. McLaren is my team and Raikkonen and Button are my drivers, I'm more bothered about drivers in honesty but it's nice to see a team do well as well.  

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, what he said.

I loved McLaren from when I was a kid and Senna with them.  Then Senna went to Williams turned my back on McLaren causing Senna to die.

That's what it felt like anyway.  I have stayed loyal to McLaren since.

So McLaren is a fixture.  I pick drivers based on just talent and personality.  JB winning the championship for Brawn was epic, his Canadian GP in 2011 was insane.  I was screaming at the TV.

Also he crashed Alonso off the track. :)

This year.

Love: Jenson Button

Like: Nico Rossberg, Daniel Ricciardo, Valtteri Bottas, Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Hulkenberg, Roman Grosjean

Dislike: Lewis Hamilton, Daniil Kvyat, Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso, Sergio Perez, Pastor Mandonado,

Don't mind: Felipe Massa, Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz Jr, Felipe Nasr, Marcus Ericsson

No teams where I like both drivers, hasn't happened since Lotus-Grosjean-Raikkonen.

Personally I picked a driver and team separately.. it just so happens at the moment that my driver JB drives for my team McLaren so it's all blended into one. I'm a massive fan of Raikkonen as well. McLaren is my team and Raikkonen and Button are my drivers, I'm more bothered about drivers in honesty but it's nice to see a team do well as well.  

Raikonnen is great. Live interview on BBC1, asked what he'll do after the race:

"Well, I'll probably take a *suitcase* "

Before the watershed of course :D

Both Shadowrun returns and Dragonfall are available on Android.  As they are both practically identical apart from plot (Dragonfall was originally DLC for Shadowrun returns, but was far better written, so got it's own release) I'd advise skipping returns and just buy Dragonfall.

Darkchild

Off to Barcelona tomorrow. Finished work at 12 im currently on the train to Stansted reading the first Game of Thrones for a third time. As much as I've not missed the train journey up here since I got the car it's nice to have time to get through a good solid amount of chapters!

Something tells me dried fluid isn't something most people would drink for refreshment.

Ah ######. Need to make room for a new pistol. But it's worth making room for (nice bit of webley revolver fun).

Please post a review when.you get it and let us know how easily it could be hopped. I really fancy a Webley

I managed to watch the entirety of Generation Kill today. Fantastic series and I need to pick up the book.

Also got my eye on a WE 416 GBBR, its been up for sale for a while and I hope it lasts another couple of weeks (I think the reason its not sold is because its now collection only).

Not sure if this thread or the other but turns out I have next week off too. I'll probably be bored as hell (cue sorting my xbox controller out and grabbing another Fallout 3 copy). Does mean I can hopefully catch my friend one day and spend time chilling with them and give her her birthday presents. One of which is salted caramel popcorn vodka...

Got a parcel waiting for me at my local post office. It's either retro trainers time, or She-Ra for my daughter (my money's on She-Ra).

Generation Kill was brilliant and also the fallout for the reporter was a drama in its self.

For anyone who liked Generation Kill I strongly suggest picking up "One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer" by Nate Fick - it covers a wider time frame (think pre-9/11 to 2008), but still focuses mainly on the events of Generation Kill.

It adds another layer to Gen Kill for me, due to seeing the same events from an Officer's eyes, rather than an embedded journalist who doesn't necessarily have the context of command. Nate hammers home just how much you have to consider when leading people, all the different variables etc.

Plus, more anecdotes from Rudy <3

Spotting all the strange types at the gym yesterday. My favourite being the "MMA poser" - seen wearing tapout and other MMA brand clothing and dancing around a punchbag. Confirmed poser as there is an actual MMA gym in the same building.

Archived