Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To think that I haven't had root beer or any pop/soda in years, I miss it.

Found a way to get a lct rpk or rpk74mn for about 270 or so dollars shipped.  It's very tempting but I know I would have to go for the latter due to not having a proper battery for a rpk stock.  Must resist...

Ok happy because my pc is on the way to being fixed, now where do I go to buy a new lenovo thinkpad 510 keyboard?

also Tink PM me about the driving instructor advice thing yeah the boy knows someone who is willing to offer his exp

Hedge try and find an Arabic food place most of those markets round my way bring in Dew 'citrus blast' from Dubai for some weird reason available in glass bottles or 355ml cans

The fluid ounce is the same it is just that the Americans think there are only 16 of them in a pint.

As we all know a pint is 20 fluid ounces.

355ml is 12 fl oz or 3/4 of a US pint presumably to allow 1/4 of a glass of ice which is nearly 1/3 the volume of the glass in ice, the sweet spot for ice volume.

It is only a bit over half of a [rest of the world] pint giving too much ice in [rest of world] glasses.

330ml 1/3 of a litre. That means that in a 500ml glass you have a 2/3 pop and 1/3 ice. Perfect.

Interestingly American school children are taught the rhyme "A pint is a pound the world around" to help them remember the relationship between pints, fluid ounces and pounds.

This rhyme is entirely wrong.  Literally complete lies.

The rhyme should be: "A pint is a pound but only in America because we are backward troglodytes who distrust anything that appears to move us culturally away from our ideal of the American Dream which seems fixed in some idealised 1950s utopia - ound.

My first american night out confused me because i was able to drink much more than I was used to being able to.

As for measures i much prefer imperial for mixing drinks and for the practical reason that a pint is setup so that it will not be too warm when I reach the end of the glass and when mixing drinks I find the fl oz measures easier to scale up on the fly because its written as a parts ratio.

Ok so now to track this keyboard down!

The thing that irritates me measures wise is the 'cup' thing

I'm really loving the new Lethal Weapon TV series.  It's pretty ridiculous at times but very entertaining.

Also, shmook.  Did you know the Shooter TV series has started.  First ep seemed a bit ropey to me but room for improvement.

The gun play is good the guy trained with Taran Butler who aside from being a grade a perv who makes me slightly uncomfortable. (look at the photo shoots and promo stuff his shooters do)os an excellent instructor in the 'gun game' style speed shooting stuff. Oh and hes involved with the douchiest organisation in competitive shooting.

Though sone of the things about guns that Swagger believes like the old '5.56/.223 is a glorified squirrel gun not suitable for shooting people/deer etc' make me face palm.

My issue with the cup measures is measuring the solid and the liquid a cup is a different amount so 'wet' 'dry: and 'liquid' cups are all different.

Anerican booze laws can be weird like some states all beer must be 3.2abv max, some states the bud on sale in the 7-11 or supermarket is 3.2 but the bud sold at licensed liquor shops is full 5% strength. Utah you cannot have more than 1 spirit in a mixed drink (so to serve long island ice tea you'd get rum and coke and shots of everything else to add yourself) and in a restaurant the bar has to be walled off from the diners because its illegal to be able to see intoxicating beverages (spirits) being served.

There's a bar at a theatre/events complex that's having to be rebuilt after a raid by the state booze cops (they basically enforce the licensing laws but carry guns and have arrest powers) because due to the upstairs balcony area of the building they can look down onto the bar area and so people can see the eeeeeevil booze being poured. Some states beer can be sold in bars on sunday but not spirits or can only be sold in private clubs to paid members (so you pay 1$ for a membership card when you come in if you forgot yours you can purchase a new one and that 1$ is taken off your first drink) Pa you can buy up to a six pack fro. A store anything more you have to buy from the distributor.

Also american Smirnoff ice > english Smirnoff ice coz its more like the modern hooch. A beer type brewed drink rather than a neutral spirit alcohol base. (if you want the recipe look up how to brew 'skeeter pee'

Someone I know on a forum, a bar owner in I think Alabama was arrested and nearly went to prison because of a beer he brought in from an Out of state brewery. There are 2 types of license to sell beer bear up to 3.2% sold in gas stations and stop and robs wtc and a license for strong beers of 5% or more during a routine inspection he was found to have a barrel of a 'session beer' type craft beer in the cellar ready for sale when he rotated the guest beers he was arrested for selling alcohol without a license to do so as his license was only for 5% strength or higher and having a bar type license the ABC cops and prosecuted decided couldn't be interpreted to grant permission to sell lower strength beers and legally he couldn't get a license for 3.2% and below because that license is ONLY for off sales in gas stations/7-11 type places.

Yet in other states its legal to drink whilst driving (as long as you are niether over the legal limit OR a police officer does not consider you to be impaired abd thus in violation of the law) and there's two types of DUI (one for under the limit but you are impaired based on the cops view, or the more serious you are over the legal limit charge)

Hell in Louisiana there are DROVE THROUGH daquari bars and it's legal to go through on on a motorcycle and get one. Which... If you have the time to do so is an experience I recommend (I was a pillion obviously)

One of my tablets means I dont process booze properly (i absorb a lower amount of it per drink compared to normal) the drug is also used to treat alcoholics by removing their ability to get drunk basically. You go from 2 drinks in relaxed feeling to puking when you do hit your limit however (at least in my experience) so within reason I can drink what I like without worrying about the ABV so when im at my fathers I tend to drink in a real ale bar that has access to a rather nice russian imperial at 11.5% on tap in the winter and a couple of nice 7-9% lambics and stock rauchbier in bottles regularly (well at least the dunkel and the weissbier im jot fussed they don't stock the other because its basically a smoked larger and its horrid)

Its nice not having to worry about polishing off 4 pints of a 9% beer that's bloody lovely on an evening out because of fear of the next morning hangover or being too drunk and making a prat of myself.

I'm really loving the new Lethal Weapon TV series. It's pretty ridiculous at times but very entertaining.

Also, shmook. Did you know the Shooter TV series has started. First ep seemed a bit ropey to me but room for improvement.

I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT EITHER OF THESE AND MUST WATCH THEM NOW!

Archived