WE new products

fnc

His is a "I'm running as fast as I can without ruining these expensive pants". Similar to "I have diarrhea" run.

edit:

Aaaand so I won't totally derail the topic, I find it strange for rumors of two different rifles being in the works. I very much doubt they can do both the G3 and FAL within a short period of time being too different from each other. Apart from the models already shown with production prototypes, I wouldn't put too much hope in either battle rifle just yet.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marushin's Garand isn't overpriced. It's definitely expensive but pretty much justified. You have R&D cost, all metal construction, wood which is a huge premium considering how small Japan's forest cover is (example, Carom handgun grips average $60), plus it's made in Japan and not somewhere else with cheap labor. What they could make is maybe a CDX version like what they did with the M1 carbine: plastic furniture, CO2 rated internals, and partially OEMed in Taiwan. That'll bring prices down a good amount. For upgrades you have RATech and TSC steel parts.

The other big problem with an M1 Garand is just the weight of the bolt, it's a lot of metal for compressed gas to move, I would guess that CO2 would be a much better option, with only Japanese manufacturers making them so far that hasn't been an option. Of course you'd then have to balance the amount of gas cycling the bolt vs the amount that propels the BB so it doesn't take people's heads off. My thinking has been that you'd just have an internal, non-removable magazine that you load with a speed loader and have some kind of percussion plate to make the SPLING sound. Anything with actual ejecting en bloc clips will just be an unskirmishable nightmare.

Archived