WE new products

fnc

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as the new WE m9s that just got remade were fairly decent, I sure hope they redo that disaster of a Bio-hazard line that would blow up. That would be extremely awesome. Not only that but they should make a ppks and a UMP since they've already got the MP5 lineup going. It'd be funny if they tried to make a Kriss and called it a Chris.

That would be funny lol. Chris.

UMP would be nice, since supprise supprise the VFC one sucks balls.

Still want a P90, aparently last I heard the P90 itself was never canned as such just put on hold. So there is potential for a future release.

One thing I really cannot understand is why no one has done a CO2 Desert Eagle yet! Plenty of space for bulbs and it would be awesome. (lets not include KWC here, it sucks).

Please make a CO2 Desert Eagle WE with a VSR style hop :D

Ive always used M4 mag pouches for mine, never once dropped one out of a vest. One thing that suits them perfectly are the radio pouches that come with plate carriers for the big *albatross* radios.

They have to make a Chris Victor now just for that reason alone.

Ive always used M4 mag pouches for mine, never once dropped one out of a vest. One thing that suits them perfectly are the radio pouches that come with plate carriers for the big *albatross* radios.

They have to make a Chris Victor now just for that reason alone.

I've used M4 pouches before in a pinch too, but I feel that pouch bodging isn't going to cut it with the weight that a P90 gas mag would be.

That would be funny lol. Chris.

UMP would be nice, since supprise supprise the VFC one sucks balls.

Still want a P90, aparently last I heard the P90 itself was never canned as such just put on hold. So there is potential for a future release.

One thing I really cannot understand is why no one has done a CO2 Desert Eagle yet! Plenty of space for bulbs and it would be awesome. (lets not include KWC here, it sucks).

Please make a CO2 Desert Eagle WE with a VSR style hop :D

LOL KWC does require some work (which gun doesn't), but it does not "suck".  After minor mods most of the newer KWC guns function just as good as any other GBBRs, and surprisingly malfunction much less frequently.  I consider them, "unrefined" but reasonably priced.

I consider VFC more overpriced and unrefined than KWC. :P  If I had to mod a VFC MP5 vs a KWC Mini UZI to be skirmish worthy with minimal parts I would pick the KWC.

A friend of mine has a kwc co2 1911a1 that even after serious use works perfectly as well. In fact, I've yet to see a kwc that didn't work exactly as advertised. And for the price one can hardly complain about the majority of their models.

The thing is it wasn't ignored at all back in the early days of the 1980's and 1990's. Airsoft tends to follow what appears in films and computer games, Uzis just don't feature all that much, it's all MP7s, UMPs and P90s now. The other thing I've noticed with Uzis is that a lot of people assume they're going to be uncomfortable to shoulder, they're actually incredibly well designed in that regard.

Well, Yes, they weren't ignored at the time. However, these weapons have not become any less common over the years, whereas guns like Mp7's, P90s and such are all very uncommon guns, even in the real steel world. And there is an over-representation of them in airsoft.

How many real life Militaries use the P90 or Mp7 versus how many Militaries still use the Uzi or Mp5? Most of the issue is reliability and ease of supply. Older SMGs are proven reliable, cheap and use common, inexpensive ammunition. Mp7's and the like are expensive, largely unable to be abused, and require expensive, proprietary ammunition (Even though 5.7mm FN is able to be bought anywhere in the US, It is the weaker variety thats unsuitable for military use. And 4.6x30mm HK might as well not even exist its so rare). They may be used by a few Special Ops or in many cases the US Secret Service, but beyond that they aren't very common when compared to the Uzi and its ilk.

And of course, One could argue that most of us who have the disposable income to purchase whatever airsoft guns we want, are of the age where the things we remember being cool were all from the late 70's, 80's and 90's. Those were the days of Uzis, Mp5's, Tec-9s, Mac-10s, and the like. I dont think a company could go wrong by doing a little bit of catering to the crowd with the most money.

As mentioned, people want to buy what's in the movies and games of the time, really bleeding-edge-looking stuff like the MP7/Vector etc.

The older guns may be far more common the world over but they're in the hands of militaries with small budgets and old equipment, paramilitaries, guerillas, insurgents etc not the cool SF guys that airsofters are interested in.  If airsoft gun production followed trends of commonality with the number of RS guns in existence there'd be a load more G3s, FALs, FN MAGs, AK-74s and Russian LMGs (to name a couple of examples) floating around; all the sorts of weapons that were produced in crazy huge numbers throughout the decades of the cold war by various countries.

I'm all for the most variety possible but I don't think the bulk of the market is interested in stuff from the 80s because the last 5 years or so it's been a bombardment of near-future video games and movies about USSF.

I think most airsofters go for the multicam/atacs/AOR2 with replica bump helmet and magpulised M4 look, probably because it looks like something out of the latest movies and computer games. Airsoft companies tend to play it safe so they cater to that crowd, the issue is that there is a sizable minority who just aren't into that stuff. I personally find it really boring, I like older camo and load bearing equipment and I like weapons to go with that. I mostly use a completely unadorned AKMS, I have a marui Uzi AEG and am putting together a G3A4 so it's nice to see a number of manufacturers producing stuff that caters to that taste, over the past couple of months we've seen an MG42 AEG, a spectre M4, a beretta MAB 38 (I never thought I'd see that!) a sterling, an affordable if not totally correct XM177e2 along with a colt M651 and M653, and now these more interesting offerings from WE so maybe a few manufacturers are just finding that releasing even more RISed up M4s just gets them buried in all the other, very similar stuff. Or maybe it's that more people are getting interested in older and more querky models.

Archived