Silverback Announce Development of AA-12 and SRS

PureSilver

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it worth hoping that the AA12 use a similar system to the Russian shell ejector (the one that uses decapped 12g shell)

I was hoping they would add an AA12 to their proposed line up seeing as they're planning an M4.  No doubt it would be very expensive, but an automatic, GBB AA12 that uses real shells is basically my airsoft Eleanor.

AA12 idea, what do you guys think?

Gas in shell, like the PPS or the APS, an an electric motor/se to turn the drum, load and eject the shells. You could even add a recoil system in Marui style without waisting gas from the shells. So much more reliable, too.

Gas in shell is a no go imo.  Too heavy and every time one hit a hard surface I would cringe and worry it was knackered. Drum shouldn't need any motorizing.  Just spring fed as RS.  That all just sounds massively complicated.  Personally, the Russian RS shell fed/Maruzen shells would be what I was after, with a HPA tank in the stock.

what i want - GBB Using m870 Trishot system for shooty shooty with seperate dedicated C02 BBU.

What i think we will get - plasticy shell V2 GB 1 barrel £400+ price tag and retailers talking down to use "because airsofters are whiney"

I can see players in fields playing with that sniper, spring and/or gas, but I dont see the regular players in my regular fields playing with that AA12 in a GBB fashion, not a very representative segment, I know, but if a brand wants money for their R&D, the gun must be appealing to as many people as possible.

If done well, an AA12 AEG can be more popular than a GBBR

if its a full auto trishot (as the real thing is not select fire iirc) then in CQB it will be amazing. I can see alot of the gamer crowd wanting it same sort of people who buy barret .50s that are just v2s in huge bodies.

I've loved the AA-12 for years now. And I've been waiting for an airsoft one. But I agree - gas or go home. I want loud, noisy and damn fun. I just don't see that happening with an AEG. It'd be so underwhelming. I'll keep an eager eye on this. 

And that Desert Tech MDR is gorgeous. I'd love to see one of those in airsoft form too. 

I was hoping they would add an AA12 to their proposed line up seeing as they're planning an M4. No doubt it would be very expensive, but an automatic, GBB AA12 that uses real shells is basically my airsoft Eleanor.

Has anyone seen anything more than talk from those guys? I want to see a review of one of their guns and prices.

Do Silverback have any history of making/developing systems other than traditional type AEGs (as far as non-pistols go)?

I'll just google it myself, I have fully functioning hands.

According to their site, the only full weapon they've made is their bizon.  But they've made parts for the G17, Type 97 platform and VSR; as well as a really random assortment of other miscellaneous bits.

is it worth hoping that the AA12 use a similar system to the Russian shell ejector (the one that uses decapped 12g shell)

That would be good, I can actually see a gearbox in my head that could achieve that.

Have it loaded electrically and discharge with gas like the old WA Jatimatic.

AA12 idea, what do you guys think?

Gas in shell, like the PPS or the APS, an an electric motor/se to turn the drum, load and eject the shells. You could even add a recoil system in Marui style without waisting gas from the shells. So much more reliable, too.

I think that is just a very efficient electrical way of shooting a lot of expensive shells out the side of a gun and losing them.

IMO there are two perfect versions: 

AEG: 3 rounds, 3 barrels, mechanical trigger (so the motor winds enough to lock the piston back, pulling the trigger releases the piston then resets the process, like the KSC HK33) Also stop firing on empty + heavy recoil with drum mag / stick mags option. 

External GBB: Using cheap RS shells and an external (HPA) and/or refillable internal (CO2) tank, essentially a self loading version of the Russian 870.. 

Judging by their history of mainly doing "conventional" guns, my guess is that this is going to be an AEG where 3 BBs are loaded into a bespoke hop chamber and fired with a normal gearbox down one barrel, where the tappet plate travels a longer distance, which could mean if your magazine isn't loaded with rounds divisible by 3, you could end up firing the last 1 or 2 shots at higher power. 

Archived