Tokyo Marui Shizuoka Hobby Show

BerserkDS

Sorry I kinda didn't update here. But I bugged my pal at Marui a lot.

Soooo, what questions remain? I'll answer as many as I am able (when I wake up tomorrow).

All of the pictures I took today are available on my page "Airsoft things that I done and bought" on Facebook.

http://Facebook.com/VorpalBBshit

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed at the KSG. The over-complex 870 system with the useless 6-shot mode. I doubt the hop is fixed, would kill the whole concept for a lot of people.

Gas tank seems bigger tho. No Co2 compatability so useless to me personally.

TM still doesn't listed it's customers.

Disappointed at the KSG. The over-complex 870 system with the useless 6-shot mode. I doubt the hop is fixed, would kill the whole concept for a lot of people.

What are you smoking?

The 870 is one of their most praised and best selling guns to date. International demand is through the roof, as is domestic. And yes the hop up is fixed just like on the 870.

I was gonna say that I dont remember the hopup being adjustable on the 870. And I could only imagine how finicky the design would be if it was. My major complaint with the 870 was how wobbly the barrel was. If this one is solid it would solve the only real problem I had with the 870.

Any update on the USP .45? 

Nope, still in mold, and also might actually release as a 9mm P8 version (germans rejoice).

I was gonna say that I dont remember the hopup being adjustable on the 870. And I could only imagine how finicky the design would be if it was. My major complaint with the 870 was how wobbly the barrel was. If this one is solid it would solve the only real problem I had with the 870.

The KSG is ROCK solid, don't worry.

Useless six shot mode?!? It's a bloody shotgun. More is better and six is twice as much as three, literally making it twice the shotgun. Also the fixed hop up on the older M870 runs fine. Again, it's a bloody shotgun. You won't need .30g and up for CQB. Hell, the APS CAM870 has zero hop up, shoots 4x as many bbs, and ejects shells yet people rave so much about it.

@Brigg

Regarding the barrel wobble on the M870, you just tighten down the two screws hidden under the magazine tube. If there's wobble even when tight, sandwich washer spacers through the two screws between the outer barrel and receiver.

If you live outside of Japan I don't think TM will listen, really.

edit: and 6 shot is way better. I don't see the point in getting a TM M870 if you are gonna use it on 3 round... spring is just that much simpler for the same thing.. 

Based on the Google translate, I thought that I read that the KSG gas tank was an intermediate size between the Tactical and Breacher 870s (or at least that's how I interpreted what I read.

EDIT: "Gas tank is a dedicated goods, intermediate size of M870 Tactical and Brie char."

Nice to see something new but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a GBB Benelli M4.

THAT. But im still really happy with the KSG. I dont know why people complain about the 870. Had so much with it that i have bought 3 of em. Fixed hop and 6 shot mode is devastating in CQB and even urban games...

As the other tube holds two spare shells, I think it really is just a storage compartment with the switch put in there looking like the real thing. Not a deal breaker for me since you can't go through 14 rounds continuously on the real thing anyway and with the spare shell being so close in proximity to the loading gate, with practice it will be close in speed to switching tubes with the switch.

Reason for the Glock 22 is that quite a lot have ended up in use with USSF, I believe both Rangers and CAG are using them but the mag baseplate should be FDE to match the military ones.

Nah, they are marketing it is a police weapon here. It's the last third gen Glock that uses the same frame as the 17.

17, 18, 34, 22. They've exhausted options for the frame haha.

For next Glock (which they said they are Making more of), it will have a differently sized frame.

Archived