Eo-Tech Holo-Sights

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience with EOtechs and ACOGs on both real firearms and AS rifle, nothing beats an ACOG. You can have your doc and pistol sights like da_ragin_ajun said and you have backup illumination from the sun! We really can't argue battery life as EOtechs do have a long battery life, but it still has to be replaced eventually. Cost effective investment wise, ACOG with mounting bracket and pistol holosight on the rear is the best I've ever shot with.

Oh, and scorpion, here is the gun I talked a bit with you about earlier,

I saw that in the other thread - looks like it's shaping up nicely. I'm going to look into a real EOtech for my CQC platform. This thread lead me to that - all I know I want is the EOTech!

Yeah... Nearly everything I get from them has problems, so I have decided to just try to stay away from their stuff.... 1st. Metal body.... Didn't fit my miad right, had hop-up fitment problems (with a promy hop-up), and I had to use a mallet to get the upper reciever on.... Also, the rear pin holes were mis-aligned, and the reciever had a large gap between top and bottom... Second ff RAS... Not 20mm rails (very annoying, made me have to modify and mallet on my TD vert grip :() , also doesn't line up properly with ANY body, including G&P, and none of my homemade spacers can remedy it.... But, considering this one cost a good deal more and is completely CNC'd, it may be worth it....

Has anybody else tried using an EoTech on a support weapon?

I've found it works well on my M249 cos it allows me a huge field of view from side-to-side when I'm strafing.

Shame I didn't realise that before I bought a bloody Elcan for it. :(

I'll put some pics up later on.

Has anybody else tried using an EoTech on a support weapon?

I've found it works well on my M249 cos it allows me a huge field of view from side-to-side when I'm strafing.

Shame I didn't realise that before I bought a bloody Elcan for it. :(

I'll put some pics up later on.

Yep! I posted some pics of my CA249P with my EoTech on it. I find it great for support weapons. My buddy even puts his EoTech on his RPK

Anyone got pics of eo-techs equipped with some gg&g accessories? Or do I have to dig out a camera and post a few pics of mine? Lets just say that a 551 model looks quite bulky with the accucam and lens covers mounted.

Edited by eel one [COE]
I have a HurricanE EOFake, and when I used it in "normal" light conditions all I end up seeing in the sight, is a reflection of me. Is that the case on the real-steel aswell, or is it just my rubbish replica?

Nope... NEVER happens on my real one... nearly no glare at all.... And no they don't "mass-produce" eotech protectors, but I know a guy on the ASC forums that makes really nice custom ones... Better than I can make on my own.... They don't require any adhesive to stay on.... Thats the main reason I want one....

And thanks for the compliments... I am changing some parts on the rifle.... To come within the month, HurricanE SR-15 IWS body, and VFC KAC QD silencer.... When VFC finally releases their SR-15 front set it will be MINE!!!!

Edited by Vercingetorix

Nice lookin sight there Render.

BTW, why, in your signature do you have a picture of a fat guy on a bycicle and "EOTech, Ann Arbor, MI"? Lol, I live in Ann Arbor and didn't even realize EOTech had it's corporate headquarters located here, but I just don't get what the fat guy on a bike has to do with EOTech.

Sorry for being off-topic, it was just bugging me.

Heh, I was wondering whether people would get that or not. It's based on that old joke that an EOTech on an M4 looks like a fat guy on a bicycle ;)

Maybe it's a joke started by the Brits, no Americans I know had heard of it.

Edited by Render
Nice lookin sight there Render.

BTW, why, in your signature do you have a picture of a fat guy on a bycicle and "EOTech, Ann Arbor, MI"? Lol, I live in Ann Arbor and didn't even realize EOTech had it's corporate headquarters located here, but I just don't get what the fat guy on a bike has to do with EOTech.

Sorry for being off-topic, it was just bugging me.

Heh, I was wondering whether people would get that or not. It's based on that old joke that an EOTech on an M4 looks like a fat guy on a bicycle ;)

Maybe it's a joke started by the Brits, no Americans I know had heard of it.

Thanks, I was wondering what that meant as well! Render, looks really good, what weapon are you putting your new eotech on?