Posted Images

IMG_0436-.jpg

Mortar:

IMG_0522.jpg

Team Photo pre game:

IMG_0412.jpg

Profile shot(Me) from team training, Last Sunday, Lafayette IN:

P2040268.jpg

Any suggestions? I intend on painting the sling(OD) and adding some green and tan to break up my Altas. Anything else?

Link to the team Photo Bucket;

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/PARA_Purdue/

KM

I've herd of it, and seen a few doing that (by the outline) however it defies the origional purpose of knee pads, and does not protect the knees of you're pants, and with the Altas, cuts the *beep* out of the back of you're legs.

KM

No, we dont wear our kneepads under our trousers. that would be daft.

Darkchild

Beg to differ, i have/did.

But then in 1998 you got funny looks doing stuf like knee pads.

I still do wear mine under the torusers, cant stand the look of em outside.

I've herd of it, and seen a few doing that (by the outline) however it defies the origional purpose of knee pads, and does not protect the knees of you're pants, and with the Altas, cuts the *beep* out of the back of you're legs.

KM

It doesnt defeat the purpose of knee pads at all.

the pads protect you form kneeling on broken glass, half house bricks or other painful bits and bobs, ripping your toruers isnt an issue, you sew em up with your 'housewife' and then swap them for a new pair with stores.

It depends on your OC and your CSM, some units will let you wear them a lot wont (until very recently) so wearing them under meant you didnt get a ######ing (telling off) or laughed at by your mates...

Its looking more common wiht brits in Iraq and A'stan but in my day you simply wouldnt have got away with it.

Edited by Gadge

Looking good guys but *far* too much cam cream for uk forces, about 50 per cent too much more for some of your lads.

IN a UK cam and concealment lesson most of your chaps would look liek the guy dicked to demonstrate 'too much' in the old 'too little, too much , just right' demonstration.

:)

YOu guys do look awesome but i think if you want a brit look lay easy on the warpaint.

The guy front and center looks liek a uk approach to personal cam, just right really.

Edited by Gadge

Agree, I'm too much of a NIG to have seen people doing it, but can fully appreciate the pressure from higher-ups frowning on people with weird bits of kit. With the rocky terrain out in 'Stan though they are becoming more and more popular. Nice Sangin shot on the later pages of "pics in field/posing" thread of a very respectable looking chap dangling his lone kneepad around his ankle so he can pull it up onto the knee when it's needed.

1998 isnt now is it.

You wear them underneath your trousers, your choice, you'll just wear your trousers out faster.

Darkchild