DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks a nice bit of kit, have they sorted out pouches for these yet?

I don't think I've ever seen desert DPM PLCE.

OnPatrol make their own pouches in desert DPM designed to line up with the PALS on the Osprey. Standard MOLLE pouches will go on but they aren't a perfect fit. There are some normal PLCE webbing pouches available in desert DPM, but these are quite rare. There's also the standard issue assault vest available in desert DPM.

on patrols gear is pretty good, kit monster has a load of pouches too

I kinda want to get an osprey but i'm a racing snake and can only find flecktarns expensive ones in my size. Also not sure I can be arsed dragging a Mk6 around all day on a skirmish - boonie and osprey doesn't really look right.

I'm probably just gonna get a molle vest and squeeze the pouches on that.

G

on patrols gear is pretty good, kit monster has a load of pouches too

I kinda want to get an osprey but i'm a racing snake and can only find flecktarns expensive ones in my size. Also not sure I can be arsed dragging a Mk6 around all day on a skirmish - boonie and osprey doesn't really look right.

I'm probably just gonna get a molle vest and squeeze the pouches on that.

G

Same problem here, all the cheap Ospreys are too big, only Flecktarn seem to have the smaller sizes. If you don't fancy lugging a Mk6 around (I know I don't wear mine unless I have to) then you might want to look for a used Para helmet off eBay.

Hey guys i qon my Osprey o Ebay, it cam to £31 with P&P that has to be a great deal. Any ways i will post up pics as soon as it and the pouches have arrived. I cant wait im all hyper now lol. I still need a few other pouchs for it but they look like either Christmas prezzys or later purchases for now.

Grim

I was lucky with my para lid, got it for £60. no cover or anythingm, but i soon sorted that out. Though upon reflection, you can get pretty much the same apra affect on a normal mk6. Not perfect, but it may be better than paying £60+ for a para lid if you're only doing it for looks. The para lid is really light, which is idea for airsoft!

Here's a pic of my lid, used scrim netting instead of proper helmet netting as it is quite ahrd to get hold of. The rubber band was made from a bike wheel inner tube, and the helmet cover is normal mk6 one, but i took off all the elastic...

Would like a opinion on how it looks. I think it looks quite good...but i'll leave it up to your judgement :-p

paralid001ku2.th.jpg

paralid002oh4.th.jpg

What i did with the inner tube was cut off the valve, and then cut it open, so it was a strip of rubber. Cleaned all the chalk, roughed the bits which were being clue. And glued it together using shoe glue.. Didnt ahve any super clue for it annyoingly, needs a bit of re-glueing.

Not sure on size, possibly a medium.. why's that?

Thanks Hite. The reason i asked is while in the stores yesterday i checked out my helmet as i was waiting for one of my sergeants to arrive, and realized i put an old crappy chinstrap and helmet cover that was to small, so i could swap em turns out our stores don't have any replacement chinstraps or helmet covers at the moment so instead of my helmet cover falling off i plan of putting the rubber guard on like you have but i wasn't sure how it was done or id u needed a certain size inner tube. Thanks again dude.

Grim

mk6, :(

Still looks pretty nice though, elastic seems like a good substitue for the edge, looks good and tight, although not sure it would be as hard wearing? doubt its much of an issue.

Ive seen a few blokes sort theirs with just sniper tape around the edge, which doesnt look as good or is as versitile/useful, but for a concealment point of view its slightly better.

Edited by Ubar