DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

omg that is so cheap and my mate in the enginers bought one for 70 quid just like that :P

than you so much

and the smock that is so cheap as well i will be getting one of them too

whoo im so close to my loadout (no sa 80 i carnt afford one)

Edited by kizuna132
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me and a mate at our last Skirmish.....despite being Austrian, my Aug looks good with DPM I feel. Probably because of the OD furniture similar to the L85 series, and the fact its a bullpup.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/rodr...ft/fight134.jpg

It's New Zealand Army style!

what cheap vest do you guys think i should get. has to be less than 80 pounds and hold g36 mags or sa 80 mags

also it could be webbing

Flecktarn do a used webbing set for £39.50 which includes belt, yoke, 2 ammo pouches, a utility pouch, and a water bottle pouch. Add another utility pouch or an ETH, maybe a hip pad, and you're away. Total would come out to about £75. Don't worry too much about the webbing being used, the faded look is much better than wearing shiny new kit.

RVOps have an Arktis chest rig for £60, which has enough pouches for ammo, water, and grenades. If you don't need to carry anything else, it's pretty much perfect.

Combat Service Support have a chest rig for £45 that should carry 9 mags and has two large utility pouches.

The QMStore webbing set shown for £55.95 has fastex buckles... Surely that's not issue kit...

I'd also like to point out for those looking for desert kit... Strike Force Supplies have desert assault vests (new) for £60, and Combat Service Support have sets of PLCE desert webbing for £99 (though have you ever seen anyone wearing it? Everyone still has green stuff).

Thats not a sas smock, its the one bellow "DPM SAS Windproof Smock" on flecktarn. It is a very gucci bit of kit though, looks a lot smarter than the 95 jacket with its hood rolled up I managed to get 2 issued, deffo not sas. The webbings not issue either I'm not sure its vanguard either I thought they did spanish fly release clips instead of the fastex buckles I can see.

ok i went to see my mate and tried on his chest rig

i hated it

so i will most proberally get the 55 quid webbing unless anyone knows a reason why is shouldnt

it does not matter if it is not standered issuse just as long as it looks like it (most of my freinds mates buy there own gear so you see alot of diffrent types)

Edited by kizuna132

Fair enough you dont like chest rigs, however before the ops vest came out they made life lot easier.

Try doing 'eagle patrol' in a lynx or sitting in a warrior wearing PLCE and you'll appreciate it, having *all* your fighting kit on your tits is useful.

But.. PLCE is very good, i trained on 58 pat and it was a godsend.

AUG = An Ugly GUN

Dont kid yourself it looks right.

FN FAl = mans rifle.

:)

Just something to add to the "The aug dont fit with DPM" part :)

AUG-SUSAT.jpg

45147300mp9.jpg

Falkland Islands Defence Force

thats a lot kooler looking than the SA80, im not too big a fan of bullpups in general, but the AUG looks way better than the SA80 with DPM, idk why they didnt just give the whole army AUG's rather than just the FIDF.

But why did we give the FIDF AUG instead of 80s?

Woo i skirmished in my Desert DPM set up yesterday, me kie and Allen played the Opfor agains the other 4 guys in there woodland DPMs wasnt a bad day. Was just a small private game at rednal, will post a link to the video as soon as vamp uploads it.

Grim

Cheers.

I picked the pouch up off eBay awhile back, similar style to the Arktis chest rig with poppers and velcro closure, just that these pouches hold two mags each and not three. Been holding up superb so far.

Awesome. I tried out my Osprey set up for the 1st time last sunday was thinking of relocating my issue pouchs to the sindes and removing 1, then adding a different pouch set up, i will have to see if the pouches get caught on anything if i do and if i will be able to draw mags from them in thos positions. But if i do i will defo want to try and get a pouch set like yours. But will they hold 2 mags that have magpuls on?

Grim

Probably wouldn't fit with the Magpul's unless you stuck the back one in a little higher...I'll have to try it later actually. With DIY pulls (para cord and guntape) they fit no problem though. Since then I found another pouch online that'll hold three magazines and it's sitting on the left side, with my comms on the right.

I've also got my L119A1 project and R85A1 to replace the AUG and HK33K.

Is it the same seller on ebay that u got your pouches from? do you have a link by any chance as both me and Buzzsaw on here are interested in kit or osprey's mine is complete but im still looking for 2 pouches that are non essential but will make life a little easier on the skirmish field.

Grim

Not a problem mate

DSC05529.jpg

That's my L119A1 as it currently sits. Next week I'll be giving it a nice little paintjob (OD/sand swaths) and then in a couple weeks when my wiring kit shows up I'll be putting plugs in and connecting the battery up.

The only thing I'm missing is my L119A1 metal body, which I'm still trying to sort out with a dealer in Hong Kong.