MP7, UMP, MP5 and M11

unimatrix001

I soooo want these to be good, but what decent GBBs have Maruzen released? Much as I love my PPK, I'm fairly sure it'll die horribly if I run it on green for any length of time. And every other Maruzen GBB seems to have some fatal flaw. But then, maybe they've learnt from their mistakes?

*crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs and testicles*

YAROOCH!

*uncrosses testicles*

:zorro:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have experienced a Maruzen MP5k and a Maruzen P99.

Nothing other than at least a year of abso-f**king-lutely sparkling reviews could force me to buy one ever again.

I'd rather concentrate on cobbling the guts of an LPEG into my MP7 springer rather than risk another Maruzen gun.

Incidentally, I love my P99 but I'd rather spend £20 on hiring a site gun than take it on a skirmish field cos it's as inaccurate, fragile and unreliable.

Well antagon...hince the reason i am selling my P90...........

Erm, isn't it "hence" and not "hince" ;)

I have experienced a Maruzen MP5k and a Maruzen P99.

Nothing other than at least a year of abso-f**king-lutely sparkling reviews could force me to buy one ever again.

Well that sounds positive

*starts collecting coppers*

:rolleyes:

I dunno, if you aren't going to rely too heavily on them as primary/secondary skirmish pieces, I don't think they'd be a huuuuge problem unless they're are based heavily on the K design.

the scorpions are ok, but they do look like they're about to die every time you rattle off a mag. On that basis, I'd buy an mp7 just for the fun of blasting it about the place, but I'd certainly not buy it expecting it to last long :)

In addition to that, nice sig. My GN runs on a steady diet of EVO's and other rice rockets.

My crotch rocket runs on a steady diet of....well, anything on four wheels.

;)

I'm pretty excited by the MP7 and UMP. I am thinking, though....wouldn't it be exceptionally bright for Maruzen to make these replicas have OPTIONAL shell ejection? Example: Two types of mags. One holds "shells" with BBs, other just has the BBs. That way, you can choose if you want shell ejecting goodness for student film aimed at luring college females to your house, , OR, simply just the BBs for good ol' fashioned skirmish spray and pray-fests.

But knowing Maruzen...that probably wouldn't happen.

given the way the maruzen, and indeed the majority of gbb manufacturers design their bolts, I can't even remotely see that working, mores the pity :(

great idea, but the fact that you'd probably need two totally different bolt mechs that'd have to be changed over like the mags, I can't see any manufacturer going for such a design.

though, there again, its probably not outside the bounds of impossibility, especially in a hobby like airsoft :)

just don't hold your breath on these ones though!

really?!

that slipped me by- how did the bolt function then? most gbbs have the nozzle that picks the bbs up out of the ramp as it passes and then blows them out of the barrel when the trigger is pulled- how did the tm system work?

if its possible, I hope it get made again :)

From Classic Airsoft:

Tokyo Marui MP5A3

Built material: entirely from plastic. The basic gun is identical with the spring Tokyo Marui MP5A3, which is still in production.

Power source: The MP5A3 comes with an internal rechargeable gas cylinder. A plastic adapter to refill it from a common greengas bottle is included. A greengas bottle can also be externally connected, without making any modifications to the gun. There's a belt clip for the external greengas bottle included

Shell-ejecting: The gun comes with 30 shells, made from plastic. 25 shells fit in the magazine. The BBs are stored in the front of the spring magazine. So you can fire just shells, just BBs, or both together. The shells are ejected at a range of 1,5 to 2 meter, to the right, upper rear site. Full auto is real nice. There are 4 to 5 shells in the air, before the first one reaches the ground. The MP5A3 has no blowback, but makes a nice sound when shooting. You can also eject real steel 9mm rounds. Due the weight, they are only ejected at a range of half to one meter.

ah, so the shell and the bb aren't designed to be fitted together, like, say, the maruzen m870 range

well that makes sense, I suppose- would be trickier for maruzen to make them without going for an external gas feed though- not my usual bag of chips when it comes to submachine guns, which for me get their appeal from being extremely chuck-about-able

tbh i dont really care how they do it.

if they made a uber 1337 MP5k/MP7 GBB that is reliable enough to live on green for skirmishes, i'm gonna get one, open/closed/snapped bolt or whatever you guys talk about, i have no idea of wtf they are. as long as i dont get a bolt action MP7/MP5k i'm not complaining. since i know what one of those are :P

like i said before, MP7 ftw! now i'm just hoping they'll have some sort of uber holster/strap for it so i can lug it round with me :P

tis true, but their ad seems to place it in the same category as their mac and mp5k

U_J- ditto on the open bolt thing. I don't buy gbbs for the realism factor (ie everything must be as it is on the realsteel), I buy them for the hollywood factor and the "bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrappp mwaaaahahahaha!" factor

open or closed bolt, like vienna, means nothing to me.

The only thing that worries me is this:

"Update #1: We now understand what the text says thanks to Griffon at AD and it seems that these two releases are going to be shell ejecting gas guns. Not quite skirmish peices."

I don't want shell ejecting. Sure it is teh seks, but I want a GBB SMG I can actually use.

Damnit! They finally release a UMP GBB and it has to be shell ejecting! Uless of course they have shells for $25 for a 500 shell bag or something, then I'll just litter shells all over the field. But that's probably just in my dreams.

Aaron

The old Maruzen M11 GBB model did have an option for external power. It had gas in the magazines but you could also connect a hose to the grip, and it could still use the same magazines.

What I'd love to see is a suppressed NBB UMP because the real .45 with suppressor is pretty quiet. And perhaps a bit more power than usual. It'd be an excellent sniper weapon, because you could shoot rapidly and quietly but accuracy would be better than with pistols.

-Sale

Wow. Just. Wow! :D

Maruzen did pretty well with the M1100 semi-auto shell-ejecting shotgun (that I own and love) -- perhaps the relation is closer to that than the MP5K. I hope so! The M1100 fires from a 'closed bolt'. It would be realistic for the MAC11 to fire from an open bolt tho.

I also have the classic Marui shell-eject MP5. To clear up one thing...

You can also eject real steel 9mm rounds. Due the weight, they are only ejected at a range of half to one meter.

This is not a good idea, it really does not work at all. The real brass gets hung up in the mechanism. The ejector groove is much larger on the plastic marui 'shells'. Real rounds? As in dummy rounds? Forget it -- that's just not possible.

tmgasmp5-2.jpg

tmgasmp5-3.jpg

I think someone WILL obviously copy these pieces to make them bad *albatross* gbb (or hopefully to use an external source, because I hate, just HATE, the cool down effects of freon and propane) monsters, due the overwhleming demand for skirmish-able versions that will soon arrive after the relase fo these, if Maruzen isn't smart enough to use the same function as the TM MP5A3 Shell-Ejecting/Non-Shell-Ejecting function... ;)

Archived