2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I shud share this with y'all. Lots of us think "2011" are not "1911", as far as I know, they are the same, but rather than stating my own opinion,  I asked a STI representative, Chris Schirmir about this. And this is his simple answer.

Is there anything flaud about 1911 double stackers/2011's that makes them unpopular with LE/military agencies? I would think the higher capacity mag could be useful.

Is there anything flaud about 1911 double stackers/2011's that makes them unpopular with LE/military agencies? I would think the higher capacity mag could be useful.

I dont think double stacker 1911s or "2011"s are considered a flaw, it's just that most of them have never been designed as a duty weapon. ie. Para, SVI, STI, plus the price are not what most people would consider affordable. In RS world(except for sports or IPSC), you'd be suprise to find that not many people even heard of SVI/STI. We know them well because WA, KSC, etc popularised them.

I found this in a LE forum, pretty interesting.

Sandy Strayer and Virgil Tripp Incorporated (originally) - STI

Sandy Strayer and Mike Voigt - SV

If you ever see the early (RS) modular Hi cap frames you will see CMC on the grip, Chip McCormick who used to sell the modular grip that SV and STI (as companies) base theirs on! First one I ever saw had CMC.

Edit: Ach, did a search, first result on google - more info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STI_International_Inc

Edited by Mobius Strip

im001561rp0.th.jpgim001566sl8.th.jpg

im001571nv2.th.jpgim001576io9.th.jpg

im001585im0.th.jpgim001586ck0.th.jpg

im001583ri1.th.jpgim001608yw6.th.jpg

:)

TM Hi-Capa 4.3

Shooters Design 2-Tone OPS MRP Slide

First Factory/Laylax/Nineball Outer Barrel

Guarder 150% Recoil and Hammer Springs

SD Piston Head

More upgrades later... (Thanks to Glenn, Carbine, and Wege)

Edited by davedawg123

I haven't had the opportunity to fire it after the upgrade yet, but what exactly necessitates the filing? Is it the inner barrel/hopup chamber not allowing smooth cycling? If so, it was a little sticky when cycling the slide at first but seems to have worn in now after manually cycling it a few times. It doesn't seem like it'll need filing, but I could be wrong.

I wish I had forked the dough for a stainless SD barrel and chamber from the start because the finish of the FF barrel doesn't go to well with polished slide. Let me know if you go the SD route and want to trade. :)

Edited by davedawg123

The part that needs to be filed on the SD chamber is the little ledge the hop kind of locks into. The shape is very rounded and muchy, where the stock Marui chamber has nice sharp lines. Without filing, the chamber can't unlock from the slide properly, so the gun locks up with each shot. Very annoying. The steel is good quality stuff, which means it's tough to file. Looks good, but tough to make happy.

Glad I could help you!

How is that First Factory ourter barrel?

My 4.3 is going to need a metal upgrade soon, and I'm not sure if I want to go down the SD route again...their chambers require tons of filling.

I was able to test it today with the upgrades. No cycle problems with the FF barrel, and I was able to get off 60 rounds with no power loss off on a fill of propane in about ~22C weather, with a firing pace of about 1-2rds/sec. Not bad considering the stock 4.3 got off about ~65 rounds in ~16C weather.

gallery_312_308_24314.jpg

A decent shot, at last (although the slide never looks quite right in photos), of my WA Wilson Combat Hi-Cap.

It's a WA Magna R gun with a PGC (as I recall) Caspian slide (decided I need one after seeing a two tone caspian Glock slide). The original bushing and straight barrel are gone, replaced with a Guarder steel cone barrel and a full length recoil rod.

The chamber's a cheap metal one (marked Infinity - so sue me... :D) and the gun's now running the tightbore inner barrel from the Colt Delta Elite Candyman put into his WA2000 scratchbuild rifle. It still doesn't have any hop-up (although now it has a SCW barrel it could easily be fitted).

The foresight is a real style fibre optic and all the springs are uprated 150%.

This gun is pin-sharp accurate to 10m, maybe more.

Ideally I'd like a mag well, though, as I hate the way the mag buffer hangs out.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

Heres how it started

100_0426.jpg

And here she is now

DSCF0007-1.jpg

She got a RS trigger, a CP Custom Hammer, Airsoft Shooter polyamide breech, Airsoft Shooter Polyamide loading nozzle, Airsoft Shooter sear and disconecter set, a guarder enhanced firing pin, a G&P scope mount, and a King Arms Recticle sight.

Sorry for the Picture quality but this camera is going down the pooper fast.

There should be a little hex screw that holds the trigger in place.

It is accessible through a hole in the lower part of the trigger.

Turn it clockwise until the trigger is completely free.

Atleast this is how it works on my Expert :)

Edit:

No one happen to know where I might find one of those SVI 3.9"?

And are they SCW2?

Edited by Moriquende