2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely beautiful!  :D  Correct me if I'm wrong but thats a freedom art frame and comp right?  Hows the fit and quality of it?  I'm thinking of getting one for an upcoming build.

Thanks, yes that is a Freedom Art frame. Truth be told the frame looks great, but it isn't as good as PGC or SD. It required a fair bit of fitment, especially around the beaver tail. I would probably stump up for a SD frame next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Hibby to Mr. Soldering Iron today, and gave it a nice set of grips, stippled to my liking:

DSC00040.jpg

Practiced on my 226 grips, didn't like the CL-style stipples, and went after RSP1's style. Made mine a little longer, so it won't be 100% plagiarism :P

SD slide on monday! Woot!

Well, I finally decided to get some work done of my hi-capa to infinity project. I ordered a ton of parts a week or two ago, needless to say I was estatic when they finally arrived.

However, I ran into my first problem before I even got my parts. I have a 5.1 hi-capa, however I made the stupid assumption that 4.3 hi-capa parts would fit no problem. I was wrong, the 4.3 has a few large differences that I had to make up for.

So, to get the slide on, I had to file the frame on the gun. I was not to certain of doing this at first, however after a few trials It seemed to work out greatly. Then I had to hacksaw the barrel bushing off, which i was also not to happy about doing. This time i messed up, Oh well, I need another bushing.

However, after hours of work grinding, cutting, hammering and pondering, I finally got it all together. What a sense of accomplishment, having built something that wasn't puzzle work, but actually required heavy modification.

The upgrades:

Aluminum Infinity slide

Steel 4.3" spring guide

Stainless steel 4.3" barrel

PDI 4.3" 6.01 tightbore

Guarder high performance valves(x3)

Guarder 150% spring set(Main spring, and recoil spring)

Pretty much, this is every upgrade under the sun.

Without further ado:

HPIM0828.jpg

HPIM0831.jpg

HPIM0832.jpg

HPIM0829.jpg

HPIM0840.jpg

HPIM0838.jpg

HPIM0835.jpg

What do you think? Its a bit rough yet,I need new sights, a new bushing, and some touchup work.

SD is alright, but Prime's finish is uber.

Anyways, I see your stippling and raise you this:

p1010064mh4.jpg

p1010076aq7.jpg

p1010007lu2.jpg

p1010168wo7.jpg

:P

WA SCW3 6" Classic Hybrid

SD SCW3 Hybrid Metal Slide

SD Steel Hybrid Chamber

SD SV/STI Grip

KA 150% Recoil and Hammer Springs