2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible, they look just like the R-S SVI ones :o

Edit:

I think we have a winner people! :)

Awww. so quick to brush me out of the running? ;)

Question though, silverfox has some nice parts, but has anyone actually done business with them? I won't build another SVI, I know they're a massive sink hole of time, but that TIKI frame and slide is HOT!

Question though, silverfox has some nice parts, but has anyone actually done business with them? I won't build another SVI, I know they're a massive sink hole of time, but that TIKI frame and slide is HOT!

Ive gotten my compensator from them. They are very good guys. Prices are obviously high but the quality is definitely there. Their only form of payment, I beleive, at the time is through bank transfer but hopefuly they can switch to other methods like paypal or credit card payments. They ask the customer for specific details about everything and how you want the item made etc. I was looking into the TIKI model myself for my next gun.

Ditto what Ratchet said. They do seem knowledgable, etc. And they asked for details, too. E.g. -I'm trying to buy a custom WA SVI chassis off them. They asked for length (3/4" cut, full 5"/6" length), colour, logos (SVI, 2011, etc), OEM address at bottom, styling (racing lines), blowback engine (Magna, SCW1, SCW2).

I've paid for the part and am waiting for them to finish. It's about 1.5 months late but they did own up to doing other jobs first. They send pics of the final product before shipping. The chassis was completed on Sunday and they sent pics. They got the serial wrong. And I requested they make a new one from scratch (instead of filling in the letters with some sort of plaster, etc), which they've agreed to, but it's gonna take another 2 wks. :(

The process of sending pics for your approval before shipping seems to be the same lifecycle process that they had when they were part of SupremeCo. (or maybe even still part of?). If there's one thing I wish they could improve upon though is - I wish they could keep up comm's a bit more. You really have to work with them at times just to find out what's happening. Sometimes even send the same email twice in 2 days. I think if they fix this and do other methods of payment like Ratchet mentioned, they'd be sorted. :)

Ice. :)

Thats the only thing putting me off from buying from them (apart from only accepting bank transfer). I think out of 7 e-mails I sent them, I got one reply. I think I might try again, they have so many parts I want.

Edited by hitmanNo2

Hi Hitman,

I got the exact figure at home. It equates to about GBP£150 I think. It's a 3/4" Leaf Cut dust cover (like a 1911 length, so that you can see the front muzzle bit of the slide ie NOT a full length 5"). I got some pics at home, too. STI '2011' logo on the side, genuine STI Georgetown, Texas address, with highlighted racing lines on the bottom 5 and 7 o-clock positions. Custom serial conforming to the SVI 11-character standard, too. -'Goodspeed96' A dedication to Nic Cage's character from The Rock, from 96. ;)

Good thing is they take HK$. No messing around with HK to US to UK conversion rates. Must get some pics uploaded tonite. :)

If Mobius Strip is who I think he is, he'll be the main man to build it together for me. ;)

Ice. :)

Hehehe. :) Will PM you soon...

Anyways, Hitman, here's what I found from old emails:-

"1. Aluminium Chassis with serial number.....HK$2,800.00

(please reply us which colour, logo, length and words you would like to add)

2. Aluminium Slide........HK$1,980.00

(please reply us which colour, logo, length you would like to add)"

And in an earlier email:-

"Steel Frame(SCW/Magna Blowback)...HK$2,900.00"

Shipping was very fair and only HK$120 (£8). -Hong Kong Speedpost, too.

Yikes! -My order (No. 1 above) was about GBP£189 (today's rate). :(

Believe me, normally, I don't like spending this amount of money esp. for just 1 part! -But cos of the VCR Bill and that this is the kind of last Airsoft GBB I'll be buying I wanted this to be slightly special. -Though I love them, got tired of SV chasses, wanted a good 2011 replica! :)

Before I asked for the logo engravings, STI address line, etc, the quote was $400 less ($2400). Aluminium quality was quoted as T7075 material from older emails. Hope this helps.

Ok, sorry for the bad quality images due to the fact that I took it with my camera phone. 2 WE Hi Capa 5.1's with a homemade metal chrome silencer :) Took me a while to sand down and polish my first Hi Capa. Too bad that chrome one doesnt work anymore :(

0901060905mj3.th.jpg

0901060906ds8.th.jpg

0901060907yp1.th.jpg

0901060910ki3.th.jpg

Please tell me what you think!