2011 Picture Thread

WhiteDingo - I do like your Dragon - definetly the best dragon I've ever seen. I really like the red grips.

Is the stippling done with the rounded tip dremel bit like I used for mine?

Oh, what's with the mag release button? I like it.....what is it?

The stippling is actually done using a soldering iron with a rounded tip 4-40 machine screw attached to it, so the stippling melted and moved the plastic, causing great relief on the holes and superb grip.

The mag release button is a "Sealing Washer, Bonded. #8, 4 2, Steel/Galvanized". UPC Code 030699892280 from Crown Bolt, Inc. Picked it up a 4 pack at work for $.97 (I work at Home Depot)

Budget project, but I still made it look really nice! I think my total cost for this gun is maybe $35, gun included!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you paint the grip red?

I'm looking for the best place to buy WE grips and magwells but it just occurred to me that you probably just painted this gun.

Yup! Just painted it. Used Rustoleum Protective Enamel in Colonial Red, then clear coated w/ a flat spray. If you're looking to buy though, I've not had any problems getting WE parts through Evike, maybe give them a shot? They stock the grips in all the colors last time I asked.

So...

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...20for%20Pistols

and

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...0Design%20Parts ?

And is it the stock TM or the TM-marked Shooters Design slide?

Yep, those are the parts, and it is with the OPS MRP SD slide, but you need to make sure the slide comes with a notch on the inside to accept the bushing, apparently earlier OPS MRP slide might not have that feature. I know this is a specific SD slide feature.

Also as you can see in the pic the barrel does not fit completely to my chamber(Barsto 45 ACP SD chamber), I am not sure if this is the case for ALL the Hi-Capa SD chambers(wouldn't make sense otherwise, but you'd think SD would use the same thread for 1911 and Hi-Capa anyway), but in my specific case it does not work exactly as I imagined, but I can live with the result....

This is a very temporary byproduct of the start of my Limcat project. I am still waiting for my base gun so I decided that I would check out the tri-tone look for fun. I actually really like it so I thought that I would post up a few photos of it. Thanks to ViciousV10 for the slide and comp set.

If anyone has an SD compensator outer barrel that they would like to sell please PM me.

bluesticatleftyg3.jpg

bluesticatrightmg0.jpg

bluesticatleftlockednf8.jpg

bluesticatwmagsbl4.jpg

Thanks.

I haven't decided totally yet. I have a base gun coming in from Junior in the next few days. I guess that it will be something two-tone since I love two tone guns and don't have a TT Hi-Capa yet. I already have some other bits like silver 9Ball controls but other than that I am still looking around for ideas.

My other goals for this project include testing WE grips, WE mag wells, and maybe doing a subtle smokin' holes theme (if 4th doesn't mind too much).

You are spot on about the mag well too. However, since this build is only lasting two days or so I don't think that I'll bother polishing it.

Edited by Romulus

Well, I know WGC Shop carries a "NOWLIN 45ACP" marked chamber listed as for the M1911A1/Hi-Capa. I can't tell about the threading, because its picture and those of the Hi-Capa chambers are taken at different angles, but the O-ring is farther back.

And I'd put a link here, but WGC's being dead right now.

I am totally confused as to whether you were talking to me or not/what links you were talking about.

I was talking to you. I guess that there are not actually links but you were pointing out a certain site.

It's all good.

RacingManiac - Liking the hammer.

I'm good with it bro. Use the SHPD logos! They are the joint.

Cool. Glad that you're fine with it.

Edited by Romulus

Hi All, Here are a few Pics of my WA SV5". I picked it up used a few months ago. it was well used by the previous owner and the frame was pretty warn out. so I Bead-Blasted the frame ;)

Here it is when I first got it

infinity_orginal_1.jpg

Dual tone: with just the slide Bead-Blasted

infinity_dual_tone_2.jpg

End result: Full frame blasted

DSC01956infinity_final.jpg

infinity_final3.jpg

infinity_final_4.jpg

btw does anybody know where I can get an extra Mag spring and WA part 48 (magazine follower)

one of my mags came apart during a game :(

I am, its pretty stiff, but I aint got a guarder one to compare to, just the standard one and a PGC one which isnt as stiff

thanks for the help.

Update, just installed the freedom art government length rail frame and a black Nine Ball oval hammer....

How would you judge the quality of Nineball hammer? Installation, built quality, finish etc. How do you like it?

If you have exprience with Km hammer, which one did you like better?

Thanks.

Edited by fal
thanks for the help.

How would you judge the quality of Nineball hammer? Installation, built quality, finish etc. How do you like it?

If you have exprience with Km hammer, which one did you like better?

Thanks.

The item I got was used(condition I'd say about 8/10, minor chip on the contact side), but no problem with it. Installation was a straight swap with the stock hammer. Maybe the material or just the geometry of the part, but the Nine Ball one felt lighter than the stock Hi-Capa hammer(which is also metal, but with cheap looking coating). Functionality is no different from stock...

No experience with KM, so no comment there....

probably this best place to ask about these...anyone seen/used these(http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=93&products_id=2290) before on TM Hi-Capa? I snapped the stock front sight(dumb hand) when I tried to adjust it, so I was looking for my option(the usual glow sight) then I saw this set....it does cost twice the price to replace just the front sight but I am not fan of the fibre optic look especially on what I am making my Hi-Capa to look like....