2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now thats a cool project. Looks 100 times better. Ive always wanted a WA SV Dragon myself. That looks like a great cheap alternative. How is the quality of the WE metal? looks like decent cast aluminum from the bead blasted finish.

Edited by ViciousV10s

WOW Vicious just amazing!

I have an Wildcat slide on my WA SV Xcelerator Hybrid and I love the look and feel of it.

Does anybody know where I can find a metal slide for my second Shooters Design SV Xcelerator Hybrid 6inch Silver not SCW but magna? I looked at Unco, Den and Redwolf but couldn't find one.

all help is welcome

Greetings

Milan

HKS- I like the double stack 1911 look.

WhiteDingo- That's a great before and after. Did you bead blast the whole thing? Nice work.

Vicious - I can't decide if I like the 2 tone or the all silver finish better. I think I would like the all silver better if you had a silver frame.

My LDC STi is just not working for me.

I think I like my 4.3/5.1 Frankenstein look the best. So I changed things up once again. (Don't worry, I've got changing plans again.)

CIMG1832.jpg

CIMG1824.jpg

CIMG1838.jpg

CIMG1825.jpg

CIMG1843.jpg

I'm so A.D.D. I'm never happy :crazy:

Now thats a cool project. Looks 100 times better. Ive always wanted a WA SV Dragon myself. That looks like a great cheap alternative. How is the quality of the WE metal? looks like decent cast aluminum from the bead blasted finish.

The WE metal is actually really nice! To give you an idea, the frame on the pistol is still the stock finish. The internals leave a little bit to be desired, but since you've got all your stock Marui parts laying around I imagine, just swap 'em out like I did, works infinitely better.

WhiteDingo- That's a great before and after. Did you bead blast the whole thing? Nice work.

The new finish on the slide and magwell is actually an applied finish. I had to strip them all the way down to the bare metal and then just sprayed a few coats on and let it set properly.

Damn I really thought the finish on your WE was bead blasted! Trickery I say! Still looks great tho.

4th that looks pretty sweet! Where am your front sight?! I really dig the extended outer barrel and recoil guide look. What's the prob with your LDC frame SD frame?

Clockwork - Im pretty sure that DEN has some magna slides left. If you do a search for Limcat on either site you will see all the Limcat style slides they have for old school magna WAs. Like this

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=4741

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=4740

They may not actually be in stock tho, youd have to put a quote in to check.

Oh and as for my gun, I may just bead blast my frame next chance I get.

~Vicious

Edited by ViciousV10s
HKS- I like the double stack 1911 look.

Vicious - I can't decide if I like the 2 tone or the all silver finish better. I think I would like the all silver better if you had a silver frame.

My LDC STi is just not working for me.

I think I like my 4.3/5.1 Frankenstein look the best. So I changed things up once again. (Don't worry, I've got changing plans again.)

Isn't there a edge shaped compensator to go with this kind of slide ?

can the slides on dragons be swapped out for different ones without replacing the rest of the frame?

Yup! Really inexpesinve way to get a full length dust cover, heh.

The scope is actually a dummy I pulled off of my G&P Standalone 203, but I'll be mounting my NCStar Jpoint copy to it soon enough.

""Yup! Really inexpesinve way to get a full length dust cover, heh.""

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Except that I don't really like the Dragon. I would get the WE Hi Capa 5.1 Government Model SHPD Type.

""can the slides on dragons be swapped out for different ones without replacing the rest of the frame?""

I'm sure they can. Not sure if anyone has tried. It would be cool to see like a 3.8 slide on it (i don't think anything else would fit). Maybe someone who has a WE 3.8 Baby and a Dragon could swap it over and see what it looks like :)

WhiteDingo - what color and type of (spray?) paint did you use? Also - could you post some pics of the top side of your Dragon? I think thats the best part.

Romulus - Your Hybrid is looking great! What optic setup you going for ?

Also, you said:

""SD outer barrel is wider than the PDI comp was designed for so I had to shave a bunch of material off the inside to get it fit.""

Do you have pics of the fitment ^ ?

I think my PDI threaded outer barrel is causing a lot of problems. (slide sticking or not sliding all the way back)

So I think I might change over to a SD outer barrel set up and use an innerbarrel held adapter. Are you still using your "modified" 1911 adapter? I have one too that came with my 7" 01 i/b but of course I haven't used (or modified) it yet. So I was thinking of using this.

Can you post some pics of it apart to show fitment?? Maybe the next time you take it apart or something. Thanks mang.

Romulus - Your Hybrid is looking great! What optic setup you going for ?

Also, you said:

""SD outer barrel is wider than the PDI comp was designed for so I had to shave a bunch of material off the inside to get it fit.""

Do you have pics of the fitment ^ ?

I think my PDI threaded outer barrel is causing a lot of problems. (slide sticking or not sliding all the way back)

So I think I might change over to a SD outer barrel set up and use an innerbarrel held adapter. Are you still using your "modified" 1911 adapter? I have one too that came with my 7" 01 i/b but of course I haven't used (or modified) it yet. So I was thinking of using this.

Can you post some pics of it apart to show fitment?? Maybe the next time you take it apart or something. Thanks mang.

Thanks.

I will try to take a few pictures later this afternoon while I have my gear out for P229 pictures (assuming that I don't run into other fitment problems)

I am still using my modified adapter but it isn't quite as nice with the Hybrid barrel since the design is slightly different. It's easier to show with pictures though.

As optics go I have put that on hold for a bit due to funds being channeled into other things. I would love to go for a C-more but I may go for an ATN to save a bit. I know that I like the lower profile look of a reflex sight better than something like a full size aim point. However, before I go further I need to sell something to pay for it.

the4thpower3 - here are some pictures that show the upsides and downsides of this mounting system. If there's anything that I forgot just let me know.

Also, what are you doing with your SD frame and STI slide set?

reamedcompwg3.jpg

PDI comp with material removed to fit hybrid barrel

4thcompgoodxy5.jpg

the normal look comp to the barrel with the slide locked back

4thcompbadnv1.jpg

the downside of using an adapter, the outer barrel can slide back and expose the inner barrel

4thcompadptorjx3.jpg

just a picture of the modded adapter fitted on the 7" PDI 6.01