2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WhiteDingo - I like that scope mount a lot. How did you mount the compensator?

The compensator is threaded for .685"x40 I believe, so it left space between the 14mm thread adapter and the comp itself. I had to file down the forward profile of the outer barrel (the section that sits forward of the slide) to match the .685" ID of compensator, which allowed me to seat the compensator properly on the slide for a long enough period of time to fill the space between the threads on the adapter and the threads on the compensator with JB Weld and allow it to cure. Solid as a rock now.

Romulus, if I could figure out a way to refinish the carbon steel comp in a way to match the anodised aluminum of the scope mount, I'd definately go for it. Any ideas?

hkssr20det: Wait...do you mean your WA 6.0 or your TM 6.0?

Whitedingo: I don't have any ideas off the top of my head. Does the magwell have a painted finish or is it anodized? It might be worth trying to paint it since it's not a high wear part.

Edited by Romulus
Whitedingo: I don't have any ideas off the top of my head. Does the magwell have a painted finish or is it anodized? It might be worth trying to paint it since it's not a high wear part.

The magwell is either a very wear resistant paint, or the same finish applied to the outer barrel; I suspect the latter. It must be either anodising, or a chemical treatment of some type. I can check for a mathcing paint when I go to work on thursday; maybe I'll get lucky.

OK.

I was thinking TM at first and was wondering how it could have broken that it wasn't easy for you to fix. :)

It will be nice to see that Expert up and around again, it was a really sharp looking gun.

Hopefully it'll be sharper looking and harder kicking after I put on a 4.3 frame.

Edited by r.ocelot

**Shameless Plug**

HPIM1225.jpg

HPIM1230.jpg

HPIM1235.jpg

Tokyo Marui Hi Capa 5.1

Shooters Design CNC Chassis 5 inch Limited STI 2011 (Silver)

Shooters Design STI Executive LDC Silver Metal Slide

Shooters Design Real Pistol Grip (Grey)

Shooters Design 5 inch Steel Outer Barrel

Shooters Design Steel Chamber (STI 45 ACP) (Silver)

Shooters Design POM Cylinder Set

KM Recoil Spring Guide

KM Stainless Steel Valve Knocker

KM Hammer Strut

First Dyna Piston Head

PDI Stainless Sear

PDI 6.01mm Inner Barrel (112.5mm)

Guarder Enhanced Recoil (150%) & Hammer Spring (150%)

Firefly Chamber Packing For Marui VSR-10 Series (Soft)

Freedom Art Fibre Optic Front Sight (red)

WE Hi Capa 5.1 Government Magwell

Carom Square Custom Hammer

Custom Bead blasted controls

Custom tri-chamber mag valve

Adjusted for 1lb Trigger pull

Pressure fitted front sight

Now for sale!

I finally got around to finishing off the next step in my Hi-Capa project and since there was good light today I thought that I would share a few photos. My next project on this gun will probably be a reflex sight but it may take awhile since I want to finish my 1911 and P229 off first.s

tmhicapastileftstdqh1.jpg

tmhicapastileftbackvy1.jpg

tmhicapastirlockedjj1.jpg

tmhicapasticompwv7.jpg

hbrid45xs0.jpg

Also thought that I would prost up a new parts list since many things have changed recently.

Bits:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1

SD STI Hybrid Eagle 5.1 Slide

SD Hybrid .45 Chamber

SD Hybrid Outer Barrel

SD Blue Grips

SD Loading Nozzle

SD Valve Blacker

SD Piston Head

SD Hotshot Magwell

SD Enhanced Mag Lip

SD Recoil Plug

PDI 7" 6.01

PDI Comp (Reworked to fit Hybrid barrel)

PDI Threaded Adapter

9Ball Chamber Packing

RCW Fiber Optic Sights

Guarder Hi-Flow(s)

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

Beautiful setup, almost exactly the setup I would like, save all silver controls.

How much did it cost in total and where did you manage to get the executive slide?

Thanks, about a Grand in total was put through her. The Executive slide came off of dentrinity...

Wow Junior that's an awesome 2011 you've got there... Tunerguy did now how to build guns and how to scam people <_<

Can someone tell me how a non custom Hicapa shoots in comparison with a WA SVI like gun? I have 4 WA SVI's and I'm realy glad with them but I'll prefer TM's hopup system...

Greetz

Romulus, very nice gun! I prefer it now with the compensator.

It has made a huge difference. The gun just doesn't look balanced without it. The annoying part was that the SD outer barrel is wider than the PDI comp was designed for so I had to shave a bunch of material off the inside to get it fit.

As for Tuner Guy, If I ever catch up with him....

Wow Junior that's an awesome 2011 you've got there... Tunerguy did now how to build guns and how to scam people <_<

Can someone tell me how a non custom Hicapa shoots in comparison with a WA SVI like gun? I have 4 WA SVI's and I'm realy glad with them but I'll prefer TM's hopup system...

Greetz

They have good range and decent power, but the slide is very light weight (but strong, no really strong) so the recoil is quick and "sharp" but not much felt recoil from it. ROF is high though. I have one I am running with a stock slide (since Rom needed a Hybrid) and I have it short stroked, I really like the action but it is more of a speed shooting set-up.

Built, well just because I could. Still trying for the perfect 2011 hiding as a 1911:

TM 1911 Slide

TM 1911 Outer Barrel

TM 1911 Hammer

TM 1911 Thumb Safety

TM 1911 Grips Safety

TM 1911 MSH

TM Hi Capa 5.1

TM Hi Capa 4.3 Mag

PDI Stainless Barrel Bushing

PDI Recoil Guide Rod Bushing

PDI Stainless Sear

PDI 6.01mm Palsonite Tight Bore