Multicam Pics!

Howdy, quick MC retailer question;

I ordered some Tru-Spec MC BDU's from 'Combat Service Support', as they were the only on-line retailer who had the top and bottom in my size (apparently, 'regular' isn't all that regular in airsoft ;)). Just wondering if any of yous had ordered from them before, and if it all went well.

No reason to doubt them, but I am bit wary of retailers who have all the sizes listed, as sometimes you get a phonecall a week or so later saying "Sorry, can we send you an alternative". Alas, I don't have an alternative body in my wardrobe. Bought *loads* of kit btw, will be happy to post the pics in a few weeks :)

Edited by doc_newstead
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@USMC:

very nice stuff, man!

So.. do you use Airsoft in some sort of RS training or do you do range training in airsoft? Also lucky you that you live in a place where you can use tan wear for camoflage!

also what's your secondary? that holster looks humungous! Mk23, I guess?

@Doc:

never bought anything from that place, but WGC and RSOV are playing that game with me on a regular basis. and if you think ragular's a problem, try being a "short" guy

Howdy, quick MC retailer question;

I ordered some Tru-Spec MC BDU's from 'Combat Service Support', as they were the only on-line retailer who had the top and bottom in my size (apparently, 'regular' isn't all that regular in airsoft ;)). Just wondering if any of yous had ordered from them before, and if it all went well.

No reason to doubt them, but I am bit wary of retailers who have all the sizes listed, as sometimes you get a phonecall a week or so later saying "Sorry, can we send you an alternative". Alas, I don't have an alternative body in my wardrobe. Bought *loads* of kit btw, will be happy to post the pics in a few weeks :)

I can't remember the guys name who runs the shop but my dealings with them were very fruitful.I wanted a Tan Chest rig,i'd already been ripped off by military Griffin & CSS were the only place in the UK to stock them.I bought my rig but recieved a phone call a day or two later to say he had been flooded out{in the floods of a few years back}.All his stock had been ruined & for H&S reasons he had to destroy the damaged stock.{fair enough but eye brow was raised quizzically,i did some checking & found a picture of the floods which showed the corner edge of his shop on the street for the same day in question.The water was 4-5ft deep,fair enough}.CSS went out of their way to find a stockist of the chest rig to get me another & at a reasonable price.He is helpful & polite & once he had gear in stock & the floods weren't stopping the posties his delivery is quite quick.He gets a thumbs up for me.The Tan rig was for going lightweight in the summer.

@USMC:

very nice stuff, man!

So.. do you use Airsoft in some sort of RS training or do you do range training in airsoft? Also lucky you that you live in a place where you can use tan wear for camoflage!

also what's your secondary? that holster looks humungous! Mk23, I guess?

The secondary is a barrel threaded TM Glock 17 with a Insight Procyon XTI Tactical Light. The holster looks bigger because I'm using a custom Eagle Ind. JACO Holster that I bought from Noveske Rifleworks. It's designed to be a high ride holster that can accommodate pistols with weapon lights. I like it because of the fact that it sits higher than most off the shelf holsters, and because it holds the gun very securely as it has both a thumb break and a flap over top. I will probably switch to my G-Code holster in the future though.

I was wondering, what is the Cut/Fit like on the new Crye Combat shirts?

Pretty damn nice. I do prefer them over my Gen 1s. It's essentially the same overall style compared to the Gen 1 except with cotton like torso material. I do miss how the Gen 1 felt against my skin though. Wearing the Gen 2 feels warmer in comparison whereas the Gen 1 felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all. The Gen 2 still breathes well. Just not as well as the Gen 1.

no, I don't mean that.

You forgot the "multicam" :D

Well, there is that. :D

The secondary is a barrel threaded TM Glock 17 with a Insight Procyon XTI Tactical Light. I will probably switch to my G-Code holster in the future though.

Have you had any problems with your TM G17 fitting into retention holsters?

Have you had any problems with your TM G17 fitting into retention holsters?

Yep. It's not a straight fit. I have to heat the molded holster in an oven first at around 200 degrees and then insert the gun into the holster. Serious PITA.

that crye looks good weather must be nice in CA for you to be wearing black i almost hit 90 here

Got warmer in the afternoon, and the sun was definitely out, but not too bad. Sunday and the last coupla days have been pretty horrible though. The temperature's about 87 degrees here too. :(

Got warmer in the afternoon, and the sun was definitely out, but not too bad. Sunday and the last coupla days have been pretty horrible though. The temperature's about 87 degrees here too. :(

So how does Crye fair in that temperature?

If you have a gen1 top do you notice a difference in the heat between it and the gen2?

I've been using a gen1 top with force ten pants (have gen2 combat now) for a few years now and am wondering if it's worth trading in the gen1 top for the gen2.

If you have a gen1 top do you notice a difference in the heat between it and the gen2?

I've been using a gen1 top with force ten pants (have gen2 combat now) for a few years now and am wondering if it's worth trading in the gen1 top for the gen2.

I prefer the Gen 1 shirt's breathability and how cool it feels to wear it compared to the Gen 2s.

One thing I definitely prefer from the gen 2 combat shirt vs gen 1 combat shirt is the fit in gen 2.

It's a little bit looser and the construction this time is better because with the gen 1 combat shirt I have to be SUPER SUPER careful when taking it off as to not rip the seams between the twill and underarmour style fabric. I ripped it the first time I ever took it off.