G&G RK104

Tank

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a G&G 74 style hicap right here, and its the same overall shape as the 47 mag I have. Well, very nearly anyway. And it fits in the slot in the foam in the Matrix AK's packaging at least. This isn't how it should be, 74 mags should be shaped differently AFAIK, but it's how it is.

Actually..

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/gg_aeg_rk104.jpg

It looks more like a AKM magazine, but then black and with notches..

So the curve is like an AKM mag (curved like old 47 mag and more curved than 74)

But the look of the mag is like a 74 mag..

This would be the proper mag :

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/AK/AK_104_7.62_5.45.jpg

At the top is the Ak-104 (curved 7.62x39 mag), at the bottom an Ak-105 (less curved 5.45x39 mag)

does anyone else know what these might cost when ported to UK distributors? (well, probably not...)

so, i thought, if you could find the factor at which the price changed from WGC to something like AA, then wouldn't you come to the approximate price for the RK104?

eg:

WGC price, GR300S = £472

AA price, GR300S = £389.99

factor = 0.82625

WGC price, UMG = $280

AA price, UMG = £249.99

factor = 0.892821428

average factor = 0.859535

therefore, the RK104 ought to cost £279.99

(ave factor x RK104 price)

<edit> i did a larger sample size (including items from WA which are pricier)

and came up with a price of £283.71

anyone think i'm on to something here?

The real AK104 is 7,62 and comes with a modern magazine. Both a steel magazine and a 74 style plastic magazine (with 7,62 curvature) are correct magazines for this gun and fit in the same slot in the box. It appears that production versions are supplied with the plastic magazine, which is cosmetically and technically all correct and nice.

So can we drop this magazine issue already?

-Sale

Without modding :P

I was under the impression that it is compatible with the guarder stocks and handgaurd sets like this one:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9954/odfurniture6qr.png

Which only fit the guarder kits (probably be modded though) would fit without any modding.

I may just be delusional though  :crazy:

What was that game...Freedom Fighters... Where the Russian invaders had AKs with OD furniture?

I may have to recreate that.

*Edit - Removed image code.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So, anyone get their hands on one of these yet? Wanting to get some real world info on how the gun is and handles, any problems that ppl are having??

thX

I just picked on up this week. So far i'm pretty pleased with the out of the box look and the basement plinking. It's very solidly built and all the machining is of good quality. The included Hi-cap is the 74 style, but very cheaply made (Front lip is plastic and is bound to break in the near future)

There is a bit of a feeding problem because G&G decided to put a bit of rubber in the magwell to prevent mag wobble, but at the moment it prevents feeding. I'm sure with either a little working in, or shaving it down a bit that problem will disappear.

The stock is also quite long, much longer then the TM Ak series. You can fit a full sized 9.6 3000mah battery in there if you wanted to.

Firing is nice, the mechbox is a little louder then a TM gun.

I haven't had a skirmish with this yet so I don't know about long term.

Thats another bugger, then.

I've had mine since before Christmas and in the first skirmish I fell quite nastily and aprt from jogging my neck a treat it also appears to have jogged the barrel in my AK/RK and it now shoots around 4 feet higher at a range of 40 feet. Sh*tsticks.

Also the bolt is stiff as hell, and does not make the satisfying metal clanking noise that I was led to believe it did. It makes a soft plastic/metal slither, but its tight as hell so there's no point trying to listen to it!

I am not a tinkerer and I will destroy it if I try and take it apart, but despite it not being the guns fault for the problem in aiming, this gun is a gun of woe as far as I'm concerned.

Boo.

Archived