My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately with a bunch of infections by the time you're symptomatic you've already been a carrier and vector for enough time to spread it.

Sure, but common colds become more infectious once you hit the sneezing/coughing phase of the illness. And I was sat next to my entire team sneezing away for a good 3 days or so before they caught it. It's true that you're infectious before becoming symptomatic, but it doesn't mean that's the only period.

I'm working in the rain, oh well.

As far as getting sick is concerned, I dont get sick anymore it seems.

My brother had pneumonia, mom had bronchitis, I got none of it.

I smoke a pack a day, I drink like a fish, and I haven't had my hayfever in years.

And I work outside in everything.

I did tests today on 4 people.

They were each as thick as a whale omelette.

It reminded me of the conversation we had about people tekkin our jerbs.

There were 4 and from bottom of intellectual ability to top they were:

45 year veteran of job sites, can't read and write, hands shake all the time, skin like old leather, took 33% longer than he was allowed and still failed.

Nice lady from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, English is her second language, lived in the UK for 25 years, everyone she knew who stayed back home is dead.

Nice Libyan guy, passed OK, seemed as chuffed as if he'd won the lottery.

The best guy was a dude who was on the course as part of his probation.

These are people who are struggling to pass a test that wouldn't tax a seven year old.

At least they are working hard to get a qualification to get a job to keep off the dole.

I'm working in the rain, oh well.

As far as getting sick is concerned, I dont get sick anymore it seems.

My brother had pneumonia, mom had bronchitis, I got none of it.

I smoke a pack a day, I drink like a fish, and I haven't had my hayfever in years.

And I work outside in everything.

Same here bud ^^

Working out in snow, hailstorms, rain and thunder. It toughens you. I feel good about that.

So, yesterday I got home, dropped like a sack of potatoes, woke up at 11PM to turn the computer off and put pajamas on. Then slept all night.

And today, I started clicking through a fairly idiotic assignment at work. The worst part of it is still before me, and if I'm supposed to click through five hundred *fruitcage* entries and update them with one single number each, I will go cluckin' nuts.

Also, I want that ACM copy M1887. But, guess what, the Polish government is too busy turning Polish Zloty into toilet paper!

To be fair, you should stop smoking.

Every smoker should stop smoking.

They all know that already, they don't need telling.

If you choose to smoke, that's your choice, I don't mind at all unless you smoke where it affects me (or my badly asthmatic wife with lung disease and multiple health problems) - which I think is quite reasonable.

If he says it again just say "you know what, you're right. Tell you what, you get your BMI into the green and I'll quit smoking"

See what he says to that.

Archived