My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Basically, we have absolutely nothing paperwork wise for any form of health and safety. So I've been tasked with bringing us up to spec. £180 worth of supplies to last at least a couple of years is a good deal in my eyes.

What's the reason for being so cheap, or is your boss just short-sighted?

Only 3 days of work and already got a shift change, to a mall route no less.  Apparently some other helper can't work a later shift and now that driver is going to be upset because he/she doesn't like having their helper changed.  Mother upset because of the added distance, but even though I know it is highly likely the handler just calls me first because they rather make one call than have to call anyone else up rather than "you're the only one available!", I cannot refuse.

Just a shame since I was getting along well with my first driver and we had a somewhat lax route.

For the last three days it was delivering packages to one or more houses/apartments whilst the driver went to deliver packages to other residences in that same block or rearrange the packages in the back for the next area, usually ending up reloading the truck before the time they are allowed to have a helper is up.  This time of year they get swamped and so having the extra hands works out well.

Not allowed to jump out actually, they stress out over safety.

Just that the distance is about double time-wise now that gets the folks bothered, and it is likely this will become my route from now on.  My first driver exclaimed that the logistics department is a mess.

Ah.  I see.  Makes sense to spread the load.  We have Royal Mail using loads of rental vans this time of year to cope with increased demand but I've not seen them doubling up.  I guess it depends on address concentrations.

I think I would pretend to jump out every time and then transition to a casual exit just to wind them up heh. Maybe jump in.

I don't know man.  Apply for a job, wing it for a bit until you have enough for a rent deposit.  But if you have commitments up there then fair enough.

Just saying as I moved a bit too far south (Devon) for a bit and job prospects were bloody grim.  Moved back up closer to London and boom, jobs everywhere.

It is just odd that the folks get so concerned with distance yet they wanted me to take this work, they want me to be more outgoing and whatnot.  I mean, I know the capital area is driving nightmare, but I drive across state just to get plastic shot at me by folks.

At least I've made the situation clear with my coordinator.  They apparently have hired more folks to start next week and will try to put me either back on my first route or somewhere closer.

The Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales created an upsurge in packages that was beyond expectations apparently.  I recall one apartment getting 12 packages alone over the past 3 days, all amazon, target, or walmart.

I don't know man.  Apply for a job, wing it for a bit until you have enough for a rent deposit.  But if you have commitments up there then fair enough.

Just saying as I moved a bit too far south (Devon) for a bit and job prospects were bloody grim.  Moved back up closer to London and boom, jobs everywhere.

For some reason I assumed you were up north? what a crazy world it is 

edit: I've been made redundent (last day of work tomorrow), got 2 months pay out of it but looking for a job is PITA!! and I'm in London so no excuses for me! 

Not to detract from what happened on the last page, but I finally got some news on the missing box of my airsoft replicas.

1) Box dimensions were in the order of 40cm cubed, so my MP5a2 and G3a3 are still unaccounted for.

2) HK post have not received it, and it left the UK 3-4 months ago, so it's almost certainly lost now

3) My friend in HK who so spectacularly failed to send this on time or with tracking details didn't declare the full value of the package.

4) Here's what's missing:

1x Classic Army G3a3 with RIS foreend, PTS Multicam QD suppressor and G&G MSG90 full stock, Prometheus 6.05mm inner barrel, SHS 13:1 gears, Lonex A1 motor, Mosfet unit, Guarder G3 bore up cylinder set

1x SRC MP5a2 with steel body, slim foregrip and full stock, GATE MERF 3.2 mosfet, SHS 13:1 gearset, Prometheus 6.05mm inner barrel

1x AY Specter SMG with 7 magazines

1x TM hicapa 5.1 with guarder slide and TK lower grip in black, internally UAC low weight blowback unit, PDI 6.01mm barrel, PDI recoil spring, recoil rod and front bushing and Gunsmith Bros Steel trigger/sear/hammer set

1x TM hicapa 7" with Nineball compensator frame and plastic slide in black with PDI 6.05mm MP7 inner barrel

1x KJW 5.1" hicapa with polymer grip in black (KP08) with PDI 6.01mm inner barrel

1x WE Hicapa 5.1” with a RDS mounted on the rear sight, an extended magazine and a suppressor

1x WE Makarov with brown grips

1x ARMY Gold MEU with TWI compensator in black, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel, PDI recoil spring, recoil rod and front bushing and Gunsmith Bros Steel trigger/sear/hammer set

1x KJW KP07 MEU with TWI compensator in silver, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel, PDI recoil spring, recoil rod and front bushing and Gunsmith Bros Steel trigger/sear/hammer set

1x KJW P226 with Guarder Metal body and slide kit with full markings, Guarder steel P226 outer barrel in black, Guarder steel recoil rod in black, guarder steel trigger, sear and hammer set in black, UAC lightweight blowback chamber, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel and a Shooter Design recoil spring

1x KJW P229

1x KJW CZ75 (KP09) APLUS custom with real trademarks, real wood grips and a stainless steel barrel, falcon 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel, Falcon hard hop-up rubber and R hop.

1x KJW P-09 with a threaded barrel in black

1x Tercel M712

1x KWC M712

1x AceArms OPS suppressor in black

8x TM hicapa 5.1 magazines

5x KJW green gas magazines for the CZ75 (KP-09)

5x KJW Green gas magazines for the P09

5x TM extended magazines for the 1911s

5x magazines for the WE Makarov

5x WE standard P226 magazines for the P226

4x extended WE P226 magazines for the P226

Cost to replace at retail HK street prices:

G3 $3000

MP5a2 $2500

Spectre + mags $1000

TM hicapa 5.1 $3000

TM hicapa 7” $3000

KJW 5.1 kp08 $1200

WE 5.1 $2000

WE Makarov with grips + mags $2000

ARMY Gold MEU $3000

KJW Kp07 $3000

KJW P226 + mags $5000

KJW P229 $800

KJW KP-09 plus mags $2500

KJW P-09 plus mags $2000

Tercel M712 $500

KWC M712 $1200

Acearms ops Suppressor $800

8x tm 5.1 hicapa magazines $2400

5x extended M1911 magazines $2000

Total: $40,900HKD

Plus the $5000HKD I gave him in cash to cover the postage costs (which totaled $2500HKD) and the fact that I also gifted him my knife/machete collection and a midnight gold finished Tanaka M500 6" Hunter variant.

Plus the fact that they don't make the MP5a2 grip sets anymore, or the TWI compensators, or the Goldplated MEU, or the PDI 6.05mm Raven barrels, or the KP-09 CZ75s with engraved markings, or the Nineball 7" compensator frame kits, or the G&G MSG90 stocks, or the OPS suppressors.

*fruitcage* excellent.

Sigh.

The Saga continues:

Asked my friend what had happened to my MP5 and G3, no response. Asked him what he intended to do, no response.

Finally snapped and told him quite that this was quiet clearly his fault and I would appreciate if he actually started responding, his only response was

"What do you want me to do? I followed your instructions on the shipping. Suddenly it's my fault?"

Which yes, it is his fault, because no, he didn't follow my instructions and I am missing a box which I could have gone and picked up with a 15 minute taxi ride if he had ACTUALLY DONE HIS JOB AND GIVEN ME THE TRACKING NUMBER.

So just to check in with a third party or ten, am I being unreasonable? Here's the sum total of communication I've had with him in the last 2 months:

16 October

DarkLite 15:43

Any news on the box?

UK parcelforce saying it should be there about now

18 October

DarkLite 10:25

Any updates?

23 October

DarkLite   13:17   

Any updates?

24 October

FRIEND 07:10

none

31 October

DarkLite 09:19

Anything?

11 November

DarkLite 14:55

Any news?

16 November

DarkLite 08:15

Any news on the box mate?

FRIEND 08:19

nothing new...

Parcel force say its still in the uk...

Your parcel:

Your parcel is being prepared for export and will soon be leaving the UK.

DarkLite 08:23

Yes, have you been in contact with HK post?

FRIEND 08:24

they know nothing new

DarkLite 08:24

*fruitcage*

It should be returned to [ADDRESS REDACTED], right?

FRIEND 08:25

yes

DarkLite 08:25

Ok

Hopefully it turns up

November 24th

DarkLite 12:06

Anything yet?

November 25th

DarkLite 08:43

Mate, it's been 4 months since the box left the UK

Has it turned up yet?

FRIEND 08:44

will go to the opst office today... and check

DarkLite 08:45

Nothing at yours?

the tracking numbers no longer work because it's been so long

DarkLite 15:42

Anything?

November 28th

DarkLite 14:26

Have you been to the post office

November 29th

DarkLite 08:36

Mate, what the *fruitcage* is going on?

We are talking about nearly $40K worth of stuff

That I paid you in advance to ship

No offense, but you've been really relaxed about this

I've checked with the UK side of things and it should have been back in HK by now

Also, I got the dimensions of the box

29x42x47cm

So that's not big enough for my G3 or my full stock MP5a2

So where did those two go?

FRIEND 10:10

a postal investigation was started... and i got a letter from them stating they handed over the investigation to uk post... and waiting to hear back.

DarkLite 10:17

When did you get that letter?

FRIEND 10:19

yesterday

DarkLite 10:20

And nothing has turned up at yours?

Also, The package is not big enough to contain a full stock G3

Classic army based, with a full length barrel and a G&G MSG90 full stock

RIS fore end

QD PTS Multicam suppressor

or my SRC Steel bodied MP5a2

full stock, slimline foregrio

What happened to those?

Still haven't been sent?

DarkLite 10:43

I just got off the phone with the UK parcelforce international team

They are sending me a letter to sign stating I never received the package

which means that they are treating it as lost

There is a very, very very small chance it might still be in transit to HK but it is probably gone

I'll send you a full list of the things I am missing  

[FULL LIST AS IN PREVIOUS POST]

Total: $40,900HKD

Nothing?

Where's my G3 and MP5?

November 30th

DarkLite21:16

Hello?

DECEMBER 1st

DarkLite 01:00

Not a word?

Seriously?

I paid you to ship some boxes for me

I paid you the cost of postage plus another $3000HKD

Plus I gave you a gift of a $2500HKD limited edition pistol

You then cost me MORE money in import taxes by delaying shipment for no particular reason

ignored most of my messages

forgot to tell me about the first box you sent, which by the way was 2 months after I sent you the UKARA number you needed

Which was the single most valuable box, which is now missing

And you have steadily ignored most of my messages after this spectacular *fruitcage* up

And you have not even said sorry once

What the *fruitcage*, mate?

That box that went missing is too small to have my G3 and my MP5A2

Where the *fruitcage* are they?

I understand you have a busy job dealing with [REDACTED COMPANY NAME] probably insane management

but you can't even respond with a single sentence half the time?

And now I'm out $41,000, plus the extra $2,500 in import fees I had to pay because you waited for 6 months to send most of the boxes for some reason

Safe to say I am extremely unhappy

FRIEND   04:12

What do you want me to do....?

I followed your instruction for the shipping...   yet it's my fault ??

DarkLite   04:14

You forgot the tracking details for the first box you sent

Despite the fact that I had been badgering you for updates constantly

Bad luck that the box didn't get delivered, fine

but then why did it take so long for everything to get shipped? they were boxed up in June 2015

I gave you my UKARA number in Feb 2016

The first box didn't leave HK till the end of April

The last three didn't leave HK till July

Plus, you still haven't answered me

Where is my G3 and my MP5a2?

There is still a slim chance that the missing box turns up, but the shipping details say it's 29x42x47cm and unless you literally cut my g3 and mp5 into three pieces each they were not in that box

This MP5a2

c9f2t93.jpgkl1Cdnh.jpg

Steel bodied SRC based with the FE foregrip and lower receiver

And as a matter of fact, no, you didn't follow my instructions on the shipping

I had three boxes set up and ready to go

The only thing I asked was if you could put packaging stuff inside

I got 5 boxes and one missing

I can understand if you were having trouble finding the time with your other jobs

but you could have told me that

I would have been ok with it, I would have asked someone else to step in and take the boxes over instead

I'm really hoping that box turns up but it's not looking likely

because it went into the container in the UK near the 22nd of July

so even if that container took a while to fill, it should be in HK by now

NxrV9ZG.jpg

I had 4 G3s

Three Classic Army ones

Shown above

1 TM one that I installed a Classic Army Body kit and cocking tube on

1 CA g3 has the wood kit - I got that one

1 CA G3 has a RIS and a sliding stock and G3k front end (bottom in the picture above)

I got those two

I got the TM one with the metal body set

But the middle one there

in that picture

after that picture was taken, I installed a G&G MSG90 stock

Looks like this

gg-msg-90-stock.jpg

That's the G3 that's missing

So it's 4:30am here and I am going to sleep

But here's what I want you to do:

1) I want you to keep an eye out for that box in case some miracle happens and it turns up

2) I want you to understand why I am upset.

I paid you in advance to do a job that you assured me you could do. I covered all the costs involved and left you some extra for your time. I told you to contact me if money was an issue and I would send you more. I did as much as I could to prepare the items for shipping to make it as easy as possible for you so it wouldn't take up too much of your time. I asked you several times a month for updates and I would have been happy to arrange an alternative if you didn't have enough time or space.

I'm upset because you *fruitcage*ed up in two ways - You totally forgot to send me the first tracking number and you took way too long to actually send all the boxes, without telling me why, and there is still stuff that is not accounted for.

As a result of you taking six months to send the boxes, I had to pay an extra £300 of import tax that I wouldn't have had to pay if you had sent them when you were supposed to. I would have preferred to give YOU that £300 if you had needed it.

As a result of you not responding to messages and not telling me the first tracking number, I didn't get $41,000 worth of my stuff, including several of my favourite airsoft guns which I cannot rebuild.

And the worst thing about that is the depot that box was sitting in for a month

was only a 15 minute taxi ride away from my flat

And now that stuff is probably lost forever

3) I want my G3 and my MP5a2

So please, if you could do that for me, that would be great

Let me know if anything turns up at yours

or if you get a letter from the HK post

I would like to keep our friendship together mate, but I'm not going to lie, this is a big *fruitcage* dent

I've been going back and forth about this for so long I can't really remain objective. Am I being unreasonable here?

I would comment on my feelings towards your friend.

Said comments may get me in trouble.

They may or may not involve death and fire.

*Ubar* ery really, really ###### me off.

Really.

Mod edit, you accidentally bypassed the swear filter.

Archived