1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going start buying bits after X-mas, so my Desert Warrior will be the 1st of my projects for 2007.

Bits and gubbinz i need

- Western Arms Kimber MARSOC ( S.C.W. Ver. 2 )

- Creation Kimber Desert Warrior Aluminum Slide & Frame

- G-10 Gunner Grips in Coyote Brown

- 3x Western Arms 23 Rds Magazine for Government Series

- Sheriff .45 Egg Hole Hammer ( Black )

- Custom powder coated outer barrel and trigger in black

- Safariland 6004

- Gemtech TRL in Coyote Tan

- Streamlight M3 taclite

So it'll look like this with a 3 hole trigger

P2030009.jpg

7d851867.jpg

Even if it takes me all year to complete, I aren't bothered, just going get it piece by piece.

Edited by CplHicks

Now time for me to work out the cost.

- Western Arms Kimber MARSOC ( S.C.W. Ver. 2 ) $199

- Creation Kimber Desert Warrior Aluminum Slide & Frame $380

- G-10 Gunner Grips in Coyote Brown $65

- 3x Western Arms 23 Rds Magazine for Government Series $141

- Sheriff .45 Egg Hole Hammer ( Black ) $48

- Custom powder coated outer barrel and trigger in black. Not sure on this yet, gotta have a word with the bloke who's doing it.

These will be coming at a later date

- Safariland 6004 $115.84

- Gemtech TRL in Coyote Tan $20.95

- Streamlight M3 taclite $119.95

Total of $1089.74 which is 581.85GBP.

Prices from UnCo, WGC, Optactical and Lightfighter

Yeesh, I shouldn't have shown you my gunner grips, now that everyone is copying mine. ;)

We seen them on militarymorons!!!!

Maybe I'll man up and sand mine down like all those custom 1911 shops do so I can be different. It would kinda be an expensive mistake if I *fruitcage*ed up though :flamed:

Edited by SilentScope

Since postion on the general section on this site hasn't really helped I was wondering if any of you guys knew where to find sheriff parts? I know you can find them at various HK companies but sometimes they have them out of stock or just not at all.

Is there just one place where they have a lot of them? I only need two parts! Dentrinity carries the two I want but one is out of stock and they don't want to tell me if it'll ever be back in stock.

I really need your help!

(Please don't suggest Real Steel parts because n00b3r is doing all of the fitting and I don't think he wants to spend hours on one part trying to get it to fit!

We seen them on militarymorons!!!!

Maybe I'll man up and sand mine down like all those custom 1911 shops do so I can be different. It would kinda be an expensive mistake if I *fruitcage*ed up though :flamed:

Okay but the sudden explosion of "must get gunner grips" right after I show off mine? hehe. I'll look the other way!

Well to give credit where credit's due, I did decide to get them in tan because I thought they looked good on your 1911, but I always planned to buy a pair so that I could make my MEU look a bit more modern.

And thanks for pointing me in the right direction as far as where to buy them, I almost ended up using one of those no-name places that waits months to ship things out.

Okay but the sudden explosion of "must get gunner grips" right after I show off mine? hehe. I'll look the other way!

Suddenly Gunner Grips seem so mainstream... Think I'll have to get some Falcon grips instead, just to be different (and cheap)

Admittedly dude, you could post photos of dog *beep* and people would see them and think "Damn, that dog *beep* looks good, gotta get me some of that".

Edited by Lithium Jack

I agree titelist, i always wanted a 1911 with Gunner Grips because im in the Marines, and i think the MARSOCs are dead sexy. But seeing them on your Colt 1911 made me want them even more. And im giving credit to you by saying that im designing my 1911 to look liek yours...minus the safriland holster, way to much money, ill probably just get an Eagle one

Since postion on the general section on this site hasn't really helped I was wondering if any of you guys knew where to find sheriff parts?  I know you can find them at various HK companies but sometimes they have them out of stock or just not at all.

Is there just one place where they have a lot of them?  I only need two parts!  Dentrinity carries the two I want but one is out of stock and they don't want to tell me if it'll ever be back in stock.

I really need your help!

(Please don't suggest Real Steel parts because n00b3r is doing all of the fitting and I don't think he wants to spend hours on one part trying to get it to fit!

what parts do you need?

Oh, and Sheriff parts require a shitload of fitting too, just so you know..

Anyone know if the Desert Warrior brown is the Krylon medium brown or regular brown? I have a friend thinking about painting his marsoc. +1 for anyone that can answer the question.

P9100117.jpg

My M4 is painted Sand Dune and Med brown, which i think would be a bit too dark.